Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 02-01-11, 21:51   #1381
Love2Raid

Question

Can someone help me plz?

I have painted the weights on some new shoes, but the paint doesn´t go on the inside surface of the shoe, only on the outside. When I pose it, it looks like there are more layers, really awful.

What can I do to make the paint go ´through´ the surface, so that the inside gets painted as well?
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 07:35   #1382
Monkey 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
Can someone help me plz?

I have painted the weights on some new shoes, but the paint doesn´t go on the inside surface of the shoe, only on the outside. When I pose it, it looks like there are more layers, really awful.

What can I do to make the paint go ´through´ the surface, so that the inside gets painted as well?
You can make the 'brush' larger - think of it more as a ball than a circle: if you make it wider, you will also make it deeper.
But be careful: too large and you may end up painting some vertexes that you didn't intend to.

Sie können die 'Bürste' größer - man denke an ihn mehr als eine Kugel als ein Kreis: wenn man es weiter machen, werden Sie machen es auch tiefer.
Aber Vorsicht: zu groß und Sie können am Ende Malerei einige Eckpunkte, die Sie nicht beabsichtigt habe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Bean View Post
[IMG]http://i53.************/1zqgead.jpg[/IMG]
Hey guys, what is this? One face is somehow.. dotted and it messes up my textures.
(legs from AtlantiB's art mesh)
I tried changing the legs but this one is a bit different and I've already made fitting textures, so I don't really want to change the mesh...
Though I understand you have this fixed now, my guess would be an extra face in exactly the same position.
Using ' Edit -> Select -> Non-Manifold " can reveal such problems, as well as other things that are not problems for XNALara.

Obwohl ich Ihnen dieses Problem behoben haben jetzt verstehen, wäre meine Vermutung ein zusätzliches Gesicht werden in genau der gleichen Position.
Mit "Edit -> Select -> Non-Manifold" offenbaren kann solche Probleme, wie auch andere Dinge, die nicht Probleme für XNALara.
Monkey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 16:37   #1383
Mrs_Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey 13 View Post
Though I understand you have this fixed now, my guess would be an extra face in exactly the same position.
Using ' Edit -> Select -> Non-Manifold " can reveal such problems, as well as other things that are not problems for XNALara.
I actually haven't fixed it and I don't know how to add an extra face. I tried to replace the legs with different ones, but only the original dlc bikini legs fit but they just won't appear in XNA. And strangely all of the bikini mods I have, they all have this problem.
So I either need to fix the face,
or find out how to make the legs from the DLC bikini appear in XNA.

Could anyone help?
Mrs_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 18:11   #1384
Love2Raid

Monkey13:
Thanks so much buddy, that helped.
I have to start over though.
I could also delete the inner layer of faces...

I´ll see what´s the best solution.

Mrs Bean:
All the DLC Bikini legs have this problem, you need to use the wetsuit legs.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 08:37   #1385
Monkey 13

Glad to hear it, Love2Raid: that's the thing about Blender, or 3d modelling in general, one must know what mistakes not to make before one makes them, then not make them in the first place...

And I beat XNAaraL to the answer! (I'm like Sancho Panza to his Don Quixote.)

And Mrs Bean, you can make a face by selecting any number of vertexes, usually 3 or 4, and pressing the 'F' key, in 'Edit' mode.

If you were to look at the UV map and select faces (in the 'Edit' window) around the offending one, you might even be able to weld the new face's UV triangle into the proper spot.

I was originally thinking that you could isolate the problem by selecting the face, pressing the 'H' key to hide it and see if there is another face underneath, or a hole (all of which might be more trouble than it's worth, though - which is how I usually do these things); but I mention it just for the sake of completeness.

Freut mich zu hören, Love2Raid: Das ist das Ding über Blender oder 3D-Modellierung im Allgemeinen muss man wissen, welche Fehler nicht zu machen, bevor man sie macht, dann machen sie nicht an erster Stelle ...

Und ich schlagen XNAaraL auf die Antwort! (Ich bin wie Sancho Pansa auf seinem Don Quijote.)

Und Mrs Bean, können Sie ein Gesicht, indem Sie eine beliebige Anzahl von Eckpunkten, in der Regel 3 oder 4, und drücken Sie die "F"-Taste in "Bearbeiten"-Modus zu machen.

Wenn Sie bei der UV-Karte und wählen Gesichter (im "Bearbeiten"-Fenster) im Bereich des problematischen einen Blick waren, könnten Sie sogar in der Lage sein, das neue Gesicht der UV-Dreieck in die richtige Stelle zu schweißen.

Ich war ursprünglich gedacht, dass man das Problem, indem Sie das Gesicht, Drücken des "H"-Taste, um ihn zu verstecken und sehen zu isolieren, wenn es ein anderes Gesicht darunter, oder ein Loch (die möglicherweise alle mehr Ärger als es wert ist, wenn - die ist, wie ich normalerweise tue diese Dinge), aber ich erwähne es nur aus Gründen der Vollständigkeit.

Look - Google Translator even put the 'J' in 'Quixote'... I feel so German now...

Look - Google Translator sogar das "J" in 'Quixote' ... Ich fühle mich so Deutsch jetzt ...
Old 05-01-11, 19:35   #1386
XNAaraL

ok
Weld the faces in the UV-Editor in the right way. 2 triangle are rotatet in the uv-map
Die Dreiecke sind verdreht. Knüpfe das UV-Netz neu.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 05-01-11 at 20:07.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 08:03   #1387
Monkey 13

Now that's what I meant to post!

Nun, das ist, was ich Post gemeint!
Old 06-01-11, 11:28   #1388
XNAaraL

Default Repair small Bug's on the UV-Map -- Kleine Fehler der UV-Map verbessern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey 13 View Post
Now that's what I meant to post!

Nun, das ist, was ich hier gemeint habe!
I know my "Sancho Panza"

The same are desript here

Fast and easy is this way:
  1. Prepare the mesh
  2. stitch the uv-map
  3. reorganice the uv topologie

Reason for change: -- Grund für die Modifikation:

Explanation of the error: -- Erklärung des Fehlers:
Some triangles in the UV map are rotated or mirrored.
Zwei Dreiecke der UV-Map sind verdreht oder gespiegelt.

There are 6 different ways to insert a triangle in a puzzle. And only one is correct.
Es gibt 6 verschiedene Möglichkeiten ein Dreieck in ein Puzzle einzufügen. Und nur eine ist richtig.

Solution: -- Lösung:
1. Prepare the mesh. -- Das Mesh zum Vernähen der UV-Map vorbereiten.

Switch with the tabulator key to the Edit mode and select all.
Im Edit Modus alles selektieren.

Set the slider limit of zero and press the button "Rem Double". Because only if all vertices are welded, then the UV map will be stitch automatically.
Setze das Schieberegler für Limit aus Null and Drücke den Knopf "Rem Doubl". Weil, nur wenn alle Vertices verschweisst sind, dann kann die UV-Map automatisch vernäht werden.

Save the UV-Layout, because Stitch the uv-map need to reorganice the uv-map topologie.
Speichern Sie das UV-Layout, weil nach dem Vernähen der UV-MAP die UV-Map wieder entzerrt werden musss.

2. Stitch the uv-map - Vernähe die UV-Map

Select UV "vertex select Mode"
Wähle den "vertex select Mode"

Use the "Border Select " tool and mark the incorrect UV map with the surrounding vertices.
Mit dem "Rechteck Auswahl" Werkzeug die fehlerhafte Stelle der UV-Map mit den umgebenden Eckpunkten auswählen.

Hit the hotkey V to stitch the uv-map wireframe.
Vernähe das Netz mit durch drücken der Taste V.

Dont worry about the result. Now we reconstruct the UV map.
Sieht schlimm aus, macht aber nichts.

3. Reorganice the uv topologie -- Rekonstruiere die UV-Map

Open the saved uv-layout
Lade die im 1. Schritt gespeicherte UV-Map.

The result:
So sollte es nun Aussehen:

Select with RMB the wrong vertices and move this to the right location over the layout.
Die falsch positionierten Exkpunkte werden gem. der Layout-Vorlage verschoben.

Use the Period key "." to center the image. Use the mouse wheel to zoom in.
Wer es ganz exact haben will, der kann mit der Komma Taste das Bild zentrieren und mit dem Mausrad die entsprechende Stelle vergrössern.

Finish -- Fertig

Last edited by XNAaraL; 06-01-11 at 15:27.
Old 07-01-11, 18:47   #1389
Mrs_Bean

Okay thanks guys for the help I have acutally fixed it!
I did a mix of XNAaraL's and Monkey_13's advices. Thanks a lot guys!
Mrs_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 19:33   #1390
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Bean View Post
Okay thanks guys for the help I have acutally fixed it!
I did a mix of XNAaraL's and Monkey_13's advices. Thanks a lot guys!