Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 21-02-18, 19:49   #1
larafan25

Default What does the name mean?

What does The Last Revelation mean?

Is it named this way because it was going to be the last? Or because they wanted it to be the last?

Why "Revelation"?

This might have been discussed before, but I want to know about it.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 20:24   #2
Revenge

I've always been asking myself this tbh xD I think it's just the fact that Lara dies at the end, it's a revelation and since she's supposed to be thought dead it's her last.

But I don't know for sure haha
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 21:05   #3
SunDormant

Maybe "revelation" is being used as a synonym for "discovery", taking into account the intention behind this game. It may also be a revelation because we never got to know much about Lara's past when she was an aspiring adventurer.

Perhaps the revelation is not the game itself, but Lara's realization that she can do the world great harm when she obtains what she wants. In previous games, saving the world was always more of a side-effect of getting what she wanted and mending unfinished business, but in this game, she's the one who dooms it when she unlocks Seth's tomb. Perhaps Lara was "revealed" that she can be quite self-centred, and consequently, she tries to correct her mistakes.
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 01:20   #4
HarleyCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
Perhaps the revelation is not the game itself, but Lara's realization that she can do the world great harm when she obtains what she wants. In previous games, saving the world was always more of a side-effect of getting what she wanted and mending unfinished business, but in this game, she's the one who dooms it when she unlocks Seth's tomb. Perhaps Lara was "revealed" that she can be quite self-centred, and consequently, she tries to correct her mistakes.
That's what I've always thought!
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 03:35   #5
Craig Michaels

I assumed it referred to a forgotten biblical revelation about the power of Seth. My reasoning was that this "revelation" is what Jean Yves reads aloud, "translating from the Hebrew" when Lara goes to see him.

Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 03:56   #6
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
I assumed it referred to a forgotten biblical revelation about the power of Seth. My reasoning was that this "revelation" is what Jean Yves reads aloud, "translating from the Hebrew" when Lara goes to see him.

https://i.imgur.com/vg2mvp1.png
Aw, this makes senseeeee!

I'm going to re-watch tta cutscene, thnx.

All of these answers are also super helpful!
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 07:04   #7
michaeldt

Lara has a revelation that she's inadvertently about to end the world, and its her last revelation because she 'dies' at the end?
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 08:23   #8
TR-Freak
Unverified

Lara reveals many secrets history in the games.
Since Lara was meant to die in this game forever, it would have been her last revelation.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 13:37   #9
**LARA LOVER**

I always thought it had to do with the new millennium. And Lara’s race against time to save the world from set.
**LARA LOVER** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-18, 16:58   #10
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

TR4 'The Last Revelation'. The name deliberately made a lot of game players think that this would be the last of Lara, (and her games), especially after her getting trapped in the collapsing tomb at the end and we wondered if we heard her die.

This wondering if she was dead or not, continued right up to TR5 Chronicles, which was a wait of a year (TR4 November 1999 and TR5 November 2000), and then Lara returned.

Or did she?

When TR5 Chronicles arrived, it was presumed that Lara had died with no body found, and there was a Statue to her and a memorial, consisting of her past deeds being retold by her friends.

We relived her stories in Rome, the Russian Submarine, Ireland's Dark Island, and the VCI headquarters, but still at the end of it all, we were not sure of Lara's fate from the end of The Last Revelation.

A lot of speculation was still going on if Lara had died or not, were we getting more TR games or not?

It took to TR6 Angel of Darkness in June 2003, to realise that Lara was alive and kicking again, so we knew now that she had manged to find a way out of the tomb, and took a while to get back to her friends, who assumed her dead.

And the best thing was that the Tomb raider franchise was still going with new TR games

Last edited by The Great Chi; 23-02-18 at 09:35.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote