www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 13-10-18, 20:13   #1
MilkShakespear
Hobbyist

Default TR III Mobile game?

So I LOVED playing TRI and TRII on my phone. I know it's been a long time, but will they ever make TRIII for mobile? Is it just too large of a file? Could better phone's in the future get it? Or is it just an issue of low demand?
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-18, 01:20   #2
GiovanniLucca
Student

I believe is because of low demand... its hard to play tomb raider on phones... But I love the 2 ports! <3
GiovanniLucca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-18, 05:49   #3
Zreen001
Professor

I wonder how hard it'd be to reconstruct the touch controls of the TR1-2 mobiles and apply them to TR3
Old 14-10-18, 06:04   #4
charmedangelin
Professor

They were going to but Sqeenix cancelled it without any reason at all. The developers of the original mobile ports swore off Sqeenix and TR causing the original TR 1 and TR 2 ports to be pulled from their respective stores as Sqeenix didn't want to spend the funds on hiring a team to keep them updated. We won't ever see TR3 on mobile now.
Old 14-10-18, 12:43   #5
MilkShakespear
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
They were going to but Sqeenix cancelled it without any reason at all. The developers of the original mobile ports swore off Sqeenix and TR causing the original TR 1 and TR 2 ports to be pulled from their respective stores as Sqeenix didn't want to spend the funds on hiring a team to keep them updated. We won't ever see TR3 on mobile now.
Aw drat. Looks like I'll just have to stick to some original PS for TR3. Thanks for the info charmedangelin!
MilkShakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-18, 16:35   #6
jackraider
Archaeologist

I think TRI & II were removed off Google Play. So probably won't be seeing a TRIII port. There was one in the works though by realtech-VR. I'm still all down for it, but TRIII would be hard to play w/ touch controls via the added moves (crawl & sprint).
Old 17-10-18, 08:39   #7
TRExpertgamer
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
I think TRI & II were removed off Google Play. So probably won't be seeing a TRIII port. There was one in the works though by realtech-VR. I'm still all down for it, but TRIII would be hard to play w/ touch controls via the added moves (crawl & sprint).
Yes! It will absolutely be very difficult with the rest of these animations obviously!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-18, 10:51   #8
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Yeah sadly the only way to play TR3 (and 4 and 5) on mobile is through emulation..
Better than nothing I guess. You can get them looking pretty much like the PC version though higher resolution and filtering.

Not condoning downloading.. best if you own the originals first (though TBH who does most of the time right)

ROMs of old games sometimes is the only thing keeping them alive..
I think its sad super old games are left to die in the past - especially when physical copies may not exist anymore

Last edited by dcw123; 17-10-18 at 10:52.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 18:34   #9
RequiredField
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Yeah sadly the only way to play TR3 (and 4 and 5) ROMs of old games sometimes is the only thing keeping them alive..
I think its sad super old games are left to die in the past - especially when physical copies may not exist anymore
With current technology like 500 GB HDDs being a standard in laptops, I believe nowadays there's better time for having all these ROMs and even multiple emulators with multiple versions rather than depend on getting physical copies. Especially since the really old stuff is starting to get more and more expensive.
You can play the exact same game, the exact same version with the exact same unpatched glitches, graphics, etc. on your original PS1... and on your mobile phone via emulation. Could anyone imagine something like that in the 90s?
In other words, I believe now are the times when these oldies became even more accessible to mere mortals.
RequiredField is offline   Reply With Quote