Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 26-04-12, 08:27   #11
robm_2007

People are stupid enough to remake their own films?

Anyways, AIW was a boring piece of crap. But those costumes and the art direction were some of the best I've seen in film. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was completely stupid and made me want to send an letter of apology to Roald Dahl's widow. I liked Sweeney Todd, but I was ignorant that another ST existed before the recent one. NBC is very good; wasn't that the last original thing he made? That was what, in what mind as well have been 1970. It's so long ago

Anyways, the trailer looks like the same regurgitated swill starring Johnny Depp that he is known for.

/This is me being nice.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 08:29   #12
voltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's a nice movie but I'm really annoyed how they edit that film though. At one time, Depp was throwing away bloody body parts at the tree (?) and his shirt was stained by blood. A second later in another screen, it was all clean! Poor, poor edit! Talk about taking you out of the movie experience.

Might just be me..
I'm glad I wasn't the only one seeing things. I kept checking other boards to see if there was a correct edit of the film someplace, but it's like that in all versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
But Alice in Wonderland was tripe, and it seems like he is only interested in adapting things now as opposed to making his own original stuff.
He also pulled a total **** block on any chances for American Mcgee to get started on his CGI flick due to conflicts and licensing issues. Now we'll never see it.

Oh for crying out loud...

Last edited by voltz; 26-04-12 at 08:30.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 08:48   #13
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was completely stupid and made me want to send an letter of apology to Roald Dahl's widow.
The only thing I dislike are the Oompa Loompas in that movie. So disgusting.
Still I love the movie and the original as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
He also pulled a total **** block on any chances for American Mcgee to get started on his CGI flick due to conflicts and licensing issues. Now we'll never see it.
I was in the mood for American Mcgee/Madness Returns at the moment, and this breaks my heart. </3 ;_;
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 16:11   #14
Tonyrobinson

Aparently this is more in tone with Sleepy Hollow than any of his newer movies and has been wildly falsely advertised. I like Burton but his faded colour Palet is getting a little redundant.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:21   #15
peeves

So i wonder what johnny depp's character will be like in this film.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:24   #16
Tonyrobinson

Probably some sort of tortured outcast soul type person who has had some sort of seperation from society and tries to adapt to a new situation like he does in every one of his Tim Burton movies...
Old 26-04-12, 19:49   #17
Zelda master

Quote:
He's even remaking one of his own films and that pisses me off. The original was amazing, and he needs to stop trying to capitalize off of Nightmare's stop motion.

I miss old Burton.
Frankenweenie was a shortfilm that's being adoptated for a full-length feature film, I honestly don't see the problem love to see that on the big screen. Plus capitalizing on Nightmare's stop motion, while I do think Tim Burton is to some extend doing it now with this "remake", I don't blame him for it. It's a beautifull and, sadly, a dying art. Everytime I see a real Stop Motion movie come by, I see it in theature's even if it sucks, I can really appriciate the art.

And the "old" Tim Burton never left, it's still the exact same Burton and that's the problem. He never changed even the slighest, really only the (awfull) remake of: Planet of the Apes, was a real change in direction. Other then that every single time I see a Burton movie I know what I'm in for, and almost all of the time also I know which actor's I'm in for which annoys me even more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
So i wonder what johnny depp's character will be like in this film.
Like always, himself but a slightly more muted version because he's a vampire...

Last edited by Zelda master; 26-04-12 at 19:57.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:10   #18
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

There is a lot wrong with him touching Frankenweenie. Especially considering the style of the original is lost with stop-motion.

And no, the old Burton is gone.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 22:09   #19
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
There is a lot wrong with him touching Frankenweenie. Especially considering the style of the original is lost with stop-motion.

I shouldn't laugh but I did!
Old 26-04-12, 22:33   #20
peeves

Quote:

I miss the old burton also.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote