Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 17-05-18, 13:50   #51
Pigfaced

I'm gonna have to agree here. If there was going to be a remake of TR2, then it should definitely not have reboot's mechanics. If they somehow implement the Dagger of Xian plotline in a newer game though, then they should do it in a different approach than in Tomb Raider 2 (different characters and settings).
Pigfaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 16:20   #52
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraThaRaider View Post
I don't get what's wrong with Lara showing emotion though? It was the first time she had actually killed someone in a chronological standpoint. And when she says "This is madness!" why should she say it badass? She's supposed to say it gently and kinda soft.
This, all the way.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 23:32   #53
annacroft

As much as I'd love to have a TR2 remake, I have to be realistic here. Crystal have built up their version of Lara in this trilogy, spent countless hours (and not to mention budget!) on crafting this character. They have no interest in the classic games (and trust me that hurts to say that) and they certainly now, will want to continue with their own storylines. Blood Ties was nothing more than fan service IMO, I easily could re-play it over and over again all day everyday if I had the time. If I could have my perfect run of games from after Shadow, I would have the AOD trilogy created (and first one remade) and remakes of TRII-V too. Unfortunately that's never going to happen as long as Crystal have TR. Maybe if Eidos stay as the developers things might be different though.
annacroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 18:35   #54
TheLostSecret

Thumbs up

TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 02:05   #55
akci

Wouldn't touch it with a 40 fathoms long pole. Crystal have made abundantly clear by now that they have zero intention to make Tomb Raider games. They've got the rights for the name, that's literally as far as their games go.
akci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 14:05   #56
TombRaiderTim

Anniversary had its small flaws but merging Cistern and Tihocan together made sense as they were incredibly similar levels in the original though I must agree cutting and re-arranging rooms for The Lost Island section was not the best idea though when I first played TRA I was so excited to see Atlantis as I was expecting to see a mass alien organic pyramid with pulsating walls so this is one of the reasons I was sad TRAE never came to be as they made Atlantis right and disgustingly fun.

Though the one thing everyone can agree on that was the main flaw in TRA was the bland colours used as most of the time it was kept to a greyish tone instead of something vibrant fitting to the environment to give more life to the game so honestly I prefer TR1 and TRAE anyday over TRA.

From Ash's site:

If only it was released. Ah well.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 20-05-18 at 14:11.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 20:25   #57
Pigfaced

Wow, I didn't know TRAE looked THAT good, especially for PSP standards. Still though, I'm fine with Anniversary as it is and I enjoyed it a lot. I think that the controls on TRAE would be awkward because of the PSP's limited amount of buttons.
Pigfaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-18, 13:54   #58
NoahCrofRaider

Doubtlessly, seeing those screenshots only continue to prove to me that TRAE would’ve been better. :/ Anniversary is great, but TRAE looks so much better, especially when you hear about all the things they were going to implement into the game. It was going to be a full-on proper remake. Not to mention it was going to be so rich and beautiful in color, environment, and much more.

Le sigh.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-18, 19:31   #59
KManX89

IF that leak is true, it's more than likely just a standalone game featuring the Dagger of Xian.

I highly doubt we'll see an actual TR2 remake especially considering SE/CD's past statements.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-18, 19:52   #60
Danath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by akci View Post
Wouldn't touch it with a 40 fathoms long pole. Crystal have made abundantly clear by now that they have zero intention to make Tomb Raider games. They've got the rights for the name, that's literally as far as their games go.
That the same way i feel about it.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote