Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-05-12, 12:54   #1041
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Only the new slots that start with NG in the name.
I mean these
Theyre 55 slots
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 13:14   #1042
Level NextGen

I've ever though of other expressions for Lara in my adventures but as I dislike texturing outfits (still need to textujre my young outfit) I didn't want to realize it.
So having face variations for Lara could be really interesting. If you want to cope with that, Horus Goddess, you will be my goddess for sure

But there should still be the problem of slots which are sometimes overused... I'm not sure if we need more transitions for expressions or keep the way the old Tomb Raider did (eg: just open and closed mouth for talking).

Btw, I really like the green winter outfit, it has a strong "Raider" feeling... it reminds me a level from... damn I've forgotten it was called... Ancient Artifact by Max, such a great game in which I've first seen a Green shirt for Lara.
Well, nevermind

Last edited by Level NextGen; 19-05-12 at 13:17.
Level NextGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 13:15   #1043
Titak

I only have 33 names that start with NG in WadMerger...
And those all have special names, like the kayak, hydra, frogman, laser-head, etc.

I really like the new green colourscheme btw!

Last edited by Titak; 19-05-12 at 13:18.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 13:16   #1044
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
I only have 33 names that start with NG in WadMerger...
And those all have special names, like the kayak, hydra, frogman, laser-head, etc.
You should update the TR4objects.dat in wadmerger
Put in the one from TRNG 1.2.2.6 I suppose
Old 19-05-12, 13:18   #1045
Titak

Will have to find it then.
Weird, I'm using 1.2.2.6 but WadMerger must not have been updated.
Old 19-05-12, 13:20   #1046
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Will have to find it then.
Weird, I'm using 1.2.2.6 but WadMerger must not have been updated.
When you install you need to select the WADMerger directory too
You can also unpackage the installation and copy manually the .dat file
Old 19-05-12, 13:32   #1047
Titak

Going to send you a PM.
So this thread can stay on the topic of HG's outfits.
Old 19-05-12, 19:19   #1048
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
I made a TRNG demo awhile back that used an organizer to swap Lara's head back and forth with the scream head as an attempt to make Lara "talk". I used an NG outfit.

I think TRNG let's you use the alternate mesh in any slot.

Also made a TREP demo that used the YoungLara speech heads.
Ah okay. :O I will definitely look for that tutorial. I seem to remember coming across it before, now that you mention it... Problem is my level building skill is so rudimentary. xD I'm not just saying it... about all I know how to do is make rooms, simple triggers, doors etc. Real basic stuff... and to make the heads and test them I would probably need to make a test level to test it in first which would be a learning experience in itself. So hmm... maybe I'll steal the heads from one of the TR4 wads and play with that first. I really need to start re-learning to build levels again. I remember making the tutorial level ages ago and I had started on my own levelset at one point but it was years ago... so it isn't that I didn't have some knowledge before it was only that I've lost so much of it over the years. Anyway I'm rambling! :X

@MaskedRaider Ah, thanks for your insight! I think you're right about the mesh swaps... I had a wad with them in it but back then it wasn't working (was way before TREP or NGLE was around). I'll have to go through the downloads and find them. I imagine Lara's Levelbase has it somewhere. Maybe in the Lost Library wads.

And yeah I'm kind of worried about making the open mouth expressions look convincing, too. lol Because like you said it could end up looking "caricature-like". :S But we'll see.

@Titak and Lara's Boyfr. Thanks you two also for your insight as well. I think to be safe I'm going to start with them in the Lara headswaps. I imagine once I make a working set of expressions, builders can then move them to whatever slot they need them in.

Last edited by Horus-Goddess; 19-05-12 at 19:20.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-12, 19:30   #1049
Laras Boyfr.

The only problem is that for every different head mesh of an outfit, there should be a different set of mesh swaps. So your mesh swaps wont be compatibe (at least in the looks) to f.e. PoYus outfits.
It would be the same case, even for your older outfits
Old 19-05-12, 21:20   #1050
Horus-Goddess

Yeah, of course. That goes without saying. I'm not going to mess with modeling new heads for every different outfit type out there. If anything I will probably make heads for my Legend outfits and probably AOD. Also for the Anniversary and whatever else I use the similar head for currently or in the future. It would be as easy as copy pasting the faces to the different hairstyles more or less.

If someone wanted to edit PoYu's faces that would be their call, or perhaps he could even make some himself.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote