Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 25-07-14, 22:21   #211
XXIGeorge

Good to see others are as intrested in Ancient Egypt as I am !
XXIGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-14, 22:33   #212
Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
SOURCE

I don't necessarily believe in curses or anything like that, but.. who knows!? It makes for a fantastic story! Back then and now!

(Sorry Drone that I'm infesting your thread with my findings from the web that I'd like to share with everyone. Hope that's alright! )

Amazing article, Quebsenuef Thanks for sharing and keeping this thread alive. Of course it's alreet, you and everyone else are welcome to post things like that.

I don't believe in curse either, there had to be some explanation.
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-14, 16:59   #213
Drone

Moar tombs and and mummies:

Tomb KV 40 containing the newly discovered remains. Most of the walls and ceilings are black from heavy fire.

A wall painting, dating back over 4300 years, has been discovered in a tomb located just east of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

The mummy, now reduced to a skeleton, is believed to be that of Qenamun, the chief steward of Amenhotep II (about 1427-1400 B.C.) who was the 7th Pharaoh of Egypt's 18th Dynasty and likely Tutankhamun's great-great-grandfather.

An ancient Egyptian mummy found with an intact brain, but no heart, has a plaque on her abdomen that may have been intended to ritually heal her. The woman probably lived around 1700 years ago.

Dating back around 3300 years this tomb was discovered recently at an ancient cemetery at Abydos in Egypt. At left the rectangular entrance shaft with massive walls served as a base for a small pyramid that was an estimated 23 feet.
Old 26-07-14, 23:04   #214
Dustie

Egypt does not cease to amaze us.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-14, 12:04   #215
Quebsenuef

One of my dreams while I was growing up was becoming an Egyptologist and discovering the next big tomb. Being a Present Day Howard Carter!

Could you imagine that? Digging digging through sand and rock... then bam! A door... and you look inside and nothing but Gold-everything..
Stepping inside a place no other person has been in for thousands and thousands of years... must be so magical.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-14, 14:14   #216
Drone

The stunning tomb of an ancient Egyptian brewer has been found on the west bank of the Nile. Paintings on the walls depict scenes of worship and daily life from 3000 years ago. While clearing the forecourt to a tomb numbered TT47, which had belonged to an 18th-dynasty royal official, the team discovered the entrance to Khonso Im-Heb's T-shaped tomb.

Old 30-07-14, 14:36   #217
peeves

Those hieroglyphics look very special.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-14, 21:33   #218
Quebsenuef

Oldest Evidence for Egyptian Mummy Making Discovered
Source

Quote:
Three thousand years before King Tut's body was brushed with embalming oils and wrapped in linen to rest in a gold-filled tomb, prehistoric Egyptians seeking immortality may have experimented with their own recipes to preserve the dead for the afterlife.

Scientists previously thought that mummy making began in Egypt around 2600 B.C., during the era when the pyramids of Giza were built, known as the Old Kingdom. But now scientists say they have found traces of complex embalming agents on much older bits of burial shrouds that had been sitting in a museum for nearly 100 years after they were dug up along the Nile Valley.

The newly examined linens were peeled from bodies buried at the Egyptian sites known as Badari and Mostagedda during the Late Neolithic and Predynastic periods, between 4500 B.C. and 3100 B.C. Archaeologists first found these pit graves during a British expedition to the region in the 1920s, and researchers had previously assumed that the hot, dry desert sand naturally mummified any well-preserved corpses from this era.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-14, 21:45   #219
Drone

^ Interesting post, well done I've read this on Nature but forgot to post. Some pictures of mummies and clothes there

Old 26-08-14, 11:36   #220
peeves

Those pictures are very interesting.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote