Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: Do you mind the long break CD is taking in terms of releasing information?
Yes, it's pretty annoying. 93 30.39%
It's okay, I don't mind. 142 46.41%
No, I'm happy about it. 40 13.07%
Been busy with penguins, there's a new TR in development? 31 10.13%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-02-12, 02:12   #51
Andyroo

I find it pretty annoying. If we don't hear anything about it then I just lose interest all together and completely forget the game was even in development. The excitement has already died down a long time ago, and I've lost most of my interest in the game. It's just nothing special now and doesn't really warrant the secrecy of having no information out.

When I look at games to buy in the future, it will be the games I actually have seen a decent amount of info on that will be at the front of my mind, not the game that's been in development for so long and had so little info released (or if most of the info is released at the last minute) I had completely forgotten about it at all.
Andyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 02:26   #52
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyroo View Post
I find it pretty annoying. If we don't hear anything about it then I just lose interest all together and completely forget the game was even in development. The excitement has already died down a long time ago, and I've lost most of my interest in the game. It's just nothing special now and doesn't really warrant the secrecy of having no information out.

When I look at games to buy in the future, it will be the games I actually have seen a decent amount of info on that will be at the front of my mind, not the game that's been in development for so long and had so little info released (or if most of the info is released at the last minute) I had completely forgotten about it at all.
I don't get this.

We have a break, but we know there's going to be more TR news and media, especially at E3, the game comes out in the Fall. That's not going to peak your interest?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 02:28   #53
Paddy

The game had better be worth the lack of any news being posted because it would understandably get quite annoying if it ends up being a average to poor game.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 02:42   #54
**LARA LOVER**

I'll admit it is a bit annoying, but in the long run I think we'll all be happy once the game is released, because we will actually be surprised, as it will be the first time we are actually seeing certian content.
**LARA LOVER** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 02:46   #55
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by **LARA LOVER** View Post
I'll admit it is a bit annoying, but in the long run I think we'll all be happy once the game is released, because we will actually be surprised, as it will be the first time we are actually seeing certian content.
I agree with this.

I think when it comes to the main elements of the game, platforming, exploration (scale of island), problem solving (physics stuff), and combat, all we need to see are an example of each of these things to know how they operate, so people can decide if they're going to like the game or not.

We've already seen the cinematic gameplay and problem solving, so I'd like to see them properly release the full night hub demo to show off Lara's platforming, then talk a bit about the scale of the island and the hub structure without giving away the hubs, and finally at E3 they'll show a demo of the combat system which should be VERY interesting and exciting.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 02:49   #56
_Awestruck_

I don't mind it, but I'm not happy about it by any means. It's just not a huge deal to me (at the moment).
_Awestruck_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 02:50   #57
TippingWater

^ I would like that larafan25 !
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 03:16   #58
Andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I don't get this.

We have a break, but we know there's going to be more TR news and media, especially at E3, the game comes out in the Fall. That's not going to peak your interest?
What's not to get? They go quiet, so does my interest in their product. Simple.

Maybe it will rekindle my interest, maybe it won't much. Depends how much we get to see, and if it's enough to keep excited until the game's release. But until then my interest in this game has dwindled and will continue to do so until I see something that tells me it's all worth the wait and lack of info over a long period (in which time I get bored and move on to anticipating other games that actually give us info to keep us interested).

I can't keep interested this long for the hope that finally in a few months we might get some decent info. It's still a long way away. A lack of information doesn't mean the game will be anything great. Unless just the fact that they're making the game is enough, which it isn't for me, there's just nothing to be so excited about.
Andyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 03:20   #59
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyroo View Post

Plenty of information has already been released on the new game, and 6 odd months to wait for new screenshots is hardly excessive for a game that had not even reached beta, you show off the game at its best. You will see a lot of the game before it is released, just like you do most other games. You get fans excited in the build up to the release, not give them too much early footage before the game is even in beta, and then give fans nothing in the months before the game is released.

And it is specifically for people with short attention spans that they give most of the info in the 6 months leading up to the games release. So fans have no excuse to forget about the game!
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-12, 03:20   #60
Catracoth
Inactive

I wasn't aware it hadn't reached beta yet.
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote