www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation Level Editor

Old 22-10-17, 17:10   #12041
Titak

Question

Something odd with the command.

My script:
Code:
ColorRGB=       18, 155, 55, 100
ColorRGB=       19, 185, 235, 240
Parameters=     PARAM_COLOR_ITEM, 1, COLTYPE_SET_PULSE, 1731, 18, 19, 30
Parameters=     PARAM_COLOR_ITEM, 2, COLTYPE_SET_PULSE, 1754, 18, 19, 30
Parameters=     PARAM_COLOR_ITEM, 3, COLTYPE_SET_PULSE, 1730, 18, 19, 30

TriggerGroup=    135, $2000, 191, $1, $2000, 191, $2, $2000, 191, $3
So there are three statics.
Statics 1731 and 1730 are coloured as they are supposed to.
Static 1754 however, is coloured bright yellow...

Colour 18 also shows up as blueish instead of the reddish the RGB indicates.
When I use a blueish colour in 18, it shows up as reddish ingame.

What am I missing here?
Old 22-10-17, 19:06   #12042
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

That is the same tutorial as in NG_Center, so, unfortunately, It didn't say more than I know already.

I made this script:

TestPosition= 1, IGNORE, TIGHT_ROPE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1024, 10000, $0000, $0000, $0000, $0000, $0000, $0000

The tight_rope object is always in front of Lara, so I put value 0 in X and Y values (Although I've tried different than 0). I don't want Lara to peform the animation at, let's say, 1 square close to the Tight Rope. The max value I put a big value just to test, but I'm not sure if this will be valid if Lara turns around, because there is a tight rope on the other side.
Not only that, but also the HOrient/VOrient/ROrient also confuses me... Are they necessary? I've put ignore but the results are the same...

The script doesn't work.. I think I need help for this :ss
Old 22-10-17, 21:31   #12043
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Something odd with the command.

My script:
Code:
ColorRGB=       18, 155, 55, 100
ColorRGB=       19, 185, 235, 240
Parameters=     PARAM_COLOR_ITEM, 1, COLTYPE_SET_PULSE, 1731, 18, 19, 30
Parameters=     PARAM_COLOR_ITEM, 2, COLTYPE_SET_PULSE, 1754, 18, 19, 30
Parameters=     PARAM_COLOR_ITEM, 3, COLTYPE_SET_PULSE, 1730, 18, 19, 30

TriggerGroup=    135, $2000, 191, $1, $2000, 191, $2, $2000, 191, $3
So there are three statics.
Statics 1731 and 1730 are coloured as they are supposed to.
Static 1754 however, is coloured bright yellow...

Colour 18 also shows up as blueish instead of the reddish the RGB indicates.
When I use a blueish colour in 18, it shows up as reddish ingame.

What am I missing here?
The plot thickens...

I have another room with also three statics using the same ColorRGB commands and the same PARAM_COLOR_ITEM commands, only those are numbered 4, 5 and 6.
When I activate those first, one of the statics is coloured yellow.
When I activate the other ones (1731, 1754 and 1730) next, all three of them are coloured properly.

I wonder what happens when I activate 4 the first time... if one of those is coloured yellow, I could move that one out of sight...

*** EDIT ***
That did the trick.
The first activation colours 4 statics instead of 3.
I've placed the one that colours yellow in such a way that it can't be seen.

So this workaround gets rid of the glitch, or at least the glitch can't be seen, but it is still odd that this happens.

Last edited by Titak; 22-10-17 at 21:44.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 22:12   #12044
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
That is the same tutorial as in NG_Center, so, unfortunately, It didn't say more than I know already.

I made this script:

TestPosition= 1, IGNORE, TIGHT_ROPE, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1024, 10000, $0000, $0000, $0000, $0000, $0000, $0000

The tight_rope object is always in front of Lara, so I put value 0 in X and Y values (Although I've tried different than 0). I don't want Lara to peform the animation at, let's say, 1 square close to the Tight Rope. The max value I put a big value just to test, but I'm not sure if this will be valid if Lara turns around, because there is a tight rope on the other side.
Not only that, but also the HOrient/VOrient/ROrient also confuses me... Are they necessary? I've put ignore but the results are the same...

The script doesn't work.. I think I need help for this :ss
First of all: 0 values for a proper facing is not always true. I suggest these Script commands in the Options section:

Diagnostic= ENABLED
DiagnosticType= any DGX constant, IGNORE
LogItem= FLI_SHOW_DIFFERENCES, the object ID of the nullmesh

Start the game, and the level. The white column with Diagnostics is unimportant now. What matters is the yellow column. What you need are the X, Y, Z and Orien "Dif" values when Lara is in the required position. (They are: the distance between Lara and the object on X/Y/Z axes, plus the rotated angle difference between Lara and the object around X/Y/Z axes.)
TestPosition Max and Min values (eg. HOrientDiffMin, HOrientDiffMax) can be easily understandable.
I mean, Lara's position can never be too exact. For example, if the yellow HOrientDif message says the value is 3195, then that perhaps never happen in the actual playthrough. I mean, what if Lara stands in a bit different position, like 3193 or 3202, but those will still be proper values. That is why you need a symmetric interval, instead of 3195, like:

HOrientDiffMin= 3190 (=3195-5)
HOrientDiffMax= 3200 (=3195+5)

The size of the interval depends on trial and errors. I mean, you need to try what size is still acceptable in your case: +/- 5, +/-10, +/-50, +/-100, or whatever else.

Your goal is if TestPosition is true (see the ENV constant for TestPosition, in a MultEnvCondition command, and choose AND, not OR in the Condition trigger for MultEnvCondition, if there is only one ENV constant), then force another Lara animation with a Flipeffect.

Important notes:
- Orient values may fail if you choose different signs for that angle. I mean, for example, angles in the yellow messages could be either positive or negative. Eg. if the value is 100, and your interval is +/- 200, then Min and Max values are -100 and +300, with different signs, which may be buggy. A possible solution now is to rotate the object.
- Another possible bug I found is sometimes you need to swap X and Z values for each other in the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
The plot thickens...

I have another room with also three statics using the same ColorRGB commands and the same PARAM_COLOR_ITEM commands, only those are numbered 4, 5 and 6.
When I activate those first, one of the statics is coloured yellow.
When I activate the other ones (1731, 1754 and 1730) next, all three of them are coloured properly.

I wonder what happens when I activate 4 the first time... if one of those is coloured yellow, I could move that one out of sight...
The only COLTYPE_SET_PULSE bug I know is the darker the color is you chose the more likely the pulse works correctly. With lighter or mid-light colors I experienced that the color chosen will be only the "base" of the pulse, the pulse will happen between an automatical darkest and an automatical lightest color, having this "base" color in this interval.

Last edited by AkyV; Yesterday at 11:42.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36   #12045
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post

The only COLTYPE_SET_PULSE bug I know is the darker the color is you chose the more likely the pulse works correctly. With lighter or mid-light colors I experienced that the color chosen will be only the "base" of the pulse, the pulse will happen between an automatical darkest and an automatical lightest color, having this "base" color in this interval.
Sounds like a bit of trial and error is required then.
Well, at least for me in this case.

At least I got it working and the object that gets coloured yellow is out of sight.
Old Yesterday, 11:56   #12046
Mordyga
Historian

Why firing pistols sound is not playing all the time, just like once in 4 shots?
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:20   #12047
LoreRaider
Explorer

@Titak: maybe changing ID of the item could fix the problem? So no need to hide the glitch
@Mordyga: perhaps something went wrong on sounds, you could try to re-compile .sam and .sfx with original Core tool

Last edited by LoreRaider; Yesterday at 17:22.
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:12   #12048
Titak

^
I doubt it, since another object took on the yellow colour when I used more of the PARAM_COLOR_ITEM for the other objects. So it wasn't linked to this one object with a specific ID.
Old Yesterday, 23:26   #12049
Ranpyon
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Perhaps you need an update? Mine is TRNG 1.3.0.7, the freshest one.
Edit:
Or, if it is good on the test level, then there must be something in the actual level that prevents it. Maybe another Static/AddEffect setup?
Yes, I think so. But I haven't any other Static/AddEffect setup...
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote