Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 17-04-17, 11:03   #11541
TombHackR
Golden

Is it possible to activate CD tracks with a heavy trigger in the title flyby sequence? I want to have separate audio for each sequence (like in chronicles) but nothing seems to happen. I've put a heavy trigger for the CD track on the square of a flyby cam, and have enabled OCB 14 on the flyby cam but it doesn't play in game??
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-17, 14:15   #11542
disapearing-boy

Has anyone experimented with using fragmented triggers for makeshift stairs?

It seems that if you place two bridge objects on the same square only the lower bridge will have the custom size whereas the other placed higher will have default square collision only. In this scenario both bridges were using the same fragmented trigger but the condition is only true for the first.

Of course, it's possible to export fragmented triggers into a script command so I'm wondering if there's a possible workaround to this limitation - have two (or more!) fragmented triggers (horizontal strips in this case) in the script with a trigger group but the problem is how to use one bridge with one exported script and the other bridge with another, but in the same trigger group.

Ideally my stairs would need 3 steps, maybe 4 but I'm testing with two for simplicity's sake. (also placing a third bridge object caused the lowest and top bridge to have default collision whereas the middle one had none).
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-17, 21:01   #11543
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
Is it possible to activate CD tracks with a heavy trigger in the title flyby sequence?
Never tried but if you have trouble try sound flipeffects.

EDIT:
It's been quite long since I asked but is the failing shatter8-9 problem already resolved?
I mean that situation when you have an enemy supposed to smash a barrier but he can't.
I know MpGrill had this, didn't get a clue, now I have this and I don't get a clue. Any clue?

Last edited by DJ Full; 17-04-17 at 21:04.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-17, 22:18   #11544
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
It seems that if you place two bridge objects on the same square only the lower bridge will have the custom size whereas the other placed higher will have default square collision only. In this scenario both bridges were using the same fragmented trigger but the condition is only true for the first.
I tested it years ago. What you say is true.

My suggestion is a Toggle Opacity floor between the two bridges (with invisible textures), only from above! So no Toggle Opacity ceiling on the other side of that floor, which means:

- there is only a little gap between that floor and the bridge above, so Lara ("split" by that floor level) will never detect that floor collision, and
- there is no ceiling collision there, so that is not a "crawlspace" for Lara.

That is why:

- real floor below the lower bridge: collision trigger for that bridge, and
- invisible floor below the higher bridge: collision trigger for that bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
It's been quite long since I asked but is the failing shatter8-9 problem already resolved?
I mean that situation when you have an enemy supposed to smash a barrier but he can't.
I know MpGrill had this, didn't get a clue, now I have this and I don't get a clue. Any clue?
See CUST_SHATTER_SPECIFIC. (TRNG 1.3.0.5/above.)
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 12:15   #11545
DJ Full

OK thanks I'll let you know.

Last edited by DJ Full; 18-04-17 at 21:48.
Old 18-04-17, 14:43   #11546
disapearing-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I tested it years ago. What you say is true.
That was my fear, thanks. Your solution sounds useful in some instances but I have simpler solution for a half-block stair case. Simply create a standard stairs with the LE blocks in the editor except each step is 2 clicks high. The place a bridge and fragmented trigger with a 2x2 strip (plus a static step matching the dimensions) placed 1 click high on each step. It's great for tombs but a bit large for modern areas.

I do have another issue with bridges however, I know I can add depth to a bridge - but I need to add height to a custom tilt bridge for monkey swinging - well a 'new' move to be precise;

The camera is an issue - I really need it to detect a solid ceiling above the player because I can't really see properly when Lara is hanging (so far I only have a hanging anim). I tried using negative ocb values to see if the 'depth' would go upwards but that just made an even deeper solid block all the way to the ground.
Old 18-04-17, 16:12   #11547
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
Never tried but if you have trouble try sound flipeffects.
I tried that too. My current workaround is having one background track that plays the separate tracks in order, however if you leave the game long enough it goes out of sync because it's difficult to get exact timings, I guess that's only a minor issue.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 18:57   #11548
Joey79100

I'm gonna shoot myself up. Or jump off a cliff, not sure yet.

This is using the BtB2015 Wad.
As long as I'm using the original Wad, the level converts (however NGTom2PC crashes after it has listed many missing sounds, but still the level is built). But as soon as I add my Lara with WadMerger, it does this.
My Lara is a full object, ie. the meshes are real instead of being dummy meshes. I've done this for practical reasons (it makes correct collision boxes when making animations in WadMerger).
Could the reason be that the WAD is just below the limits, and adding my Lara makes it all blow up because of too many textures? I have to try removing the textures my Lara uses and see if it works. But if you already have an answer, feel free to explore the rest of the house and gardens.
*brain damaged*
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-17, 19:19   #11549
disapearing-boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post

Could the reason be that the WAD is just below the limits, and adding my Lara makes it all blow up because of too many textures? I have to try removing the textures my Lara uses and see if it works. But if you already have an answer, feel free to explore the rest of the house and gardens.
*brain damaged*
No, that's no right. Go back to the start and try again.

Honestly I don't know. I assume you've used this Lara object on other levels? Check if there's anything else in the wad that you don't need (eg if you're planning a level set, do you need every enemy in every level?).
Old 18-04-17, 21:51   #11550
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Could the reason be that the WAD is just below the limits, and adding my Lara makes it all blow up because of too many textures? if you already have an answer, feel free to explore the rest of the house and gardens.
Congratulations, you did it! But perhaps it's not textures but polygons or meshes. The Greek wad was particularly heavy in this aspect, we had identical problems with custom horizons - one hi-poly mesh brought a crash. I bet you have some transparent placeholder meshes in this wad, make them all a simple triangle and make them look identical so they count once, not several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV
CUST_SHATTER_SPECIFIC
Didn't work, the SPHINX keeps running through my SHATTER9. I tried collision box in various sizes. Lara reacts normally...
I am sure the reason is entirely weird, like that hardcoded sarcophagus pickup frame which troubled me for few hours today

Last edited by DJ Full; 18-04-17 at 21:53.