Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-02-17, 12:13   #461
ersel

Woww this is really good!!! Great Job! Wanne see more
ersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-17, 18:19   #462
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
As I'm planning for the game to have several paths, they will be fixed at certain points. But for example: If you already have done a strength upgrade that would get Lara's strength to level 3, you can't do any other strength upgrade you might find that would get her to level 3 too.
Sounds fine to me, as long as the upgrades aren't as random/obscure as in the original AoD. I loled when I had to push a box to get strong enough to make a jump. It was the most random thing I ever did in a videogame xDDDD

Quote:
Yes, stealth will play a heavy part in the game, I just didn't have anything to show yet. There will be many take downs.
OMG that sounds amazing. Tenchu meets Tomb Raider xDDDD

Quote:
The combat will kind of work like in the classics: When weapons are drawn, Lara still runs like before, but if an enemy is in her sight, she will aim the weapons at them. So it is like TR1-5.
Functional, sounds fine. Tho I must be the only one around here that wants Reboot-styled combat in a classic TR. I have to say it would add so much fun, and some encounters like the one with the assassin in Werner's apartment would be much better with cover based combat.

But, as you want to make it more TR1-5 styled, maybe you could take a look to Operation Wingback, as it has auto-aim (and some manual aim too) and covers. Maybe having covers for the gun-fights even if the aiming is automatic would make it better. IDK xD I totally respect your choice either way.

Quote:
Thank you!

And also, because you said something with the scarab amulet before, I will try to implement the shaman too. But that's only an idea until now, because I have no model for her, and I am definitely no character modeler haha
I'm quite sure you can ask for help and someone can bring you a Shaman model.

I wish you a lot of luck!!!

EDIT: I have one more question: are you going to try to improve the levels, make them bigger-longer or something? What about Kurtis? :P

Last edited by ESCachuli; 28-02-17 at 18:32.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-17, 21:22   #463
Jorje Croft

is that same model?

P.S. I adore slightly modified original mode wish is shown on the main post.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 14:15   #464
SRE Croft

I had a question. When your game will be ready for a release, which Windows platform you'd like to choose for the release? Windows 7,8 or 10 and which operating system 32bit or 64 bit or both?
SRE Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 15:04   #465
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
is that same model?

P.S. I adore slightly modified original mode wish is shown on the main post.
This.. looks so much better and doesn't look weird - no offense, but the new style looks bizarre when Lara is turning while running - almost like a strafe.

The classic style of movement looks better - but this doesn't mean you have to stick to the classic controls as such .. you could make those work better.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 15:20   #466
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
This.. looks so much better and doesn't look weird - no offense, but the new style looks bizarre when Lara is turning while running - almost like a strafe.

The classic style of movement looks better - but this doesn't mean you have to stick to the classic controls as such .. you could make those work better.
I disagree again, I think the new movement is much better, more natural and more akin to Alice games for example.

The only thing that looks better there is the jumping because its less floaty, but that's so easily fixable that wouldn't even count.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 22:34   #467
lance6439

Loved the new updated video.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-17, 20:13   #468
Heckler

This is amazing! Your lighting is top notch!
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-17, 16:05   #469
BrokenMirror

Wow. I have been looking for this thread for a long time. Great job! I'm really looking for this masterpiece!

How is it going so far? Keep it up
BrokenMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-17, 12:55   #470
Jorje Croft

any updates?
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote