Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

View Poll Results: How much did Classic Lara Croft influence you?
Not at all 15 9.26%
Just a little bit 20 12.35%
She is a significant part of my world 85 52.47%
She made me who I am today 23 14.20%
Penguins are forever 19 11.73%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-18, 09:18   #21
Joey79100

^
Reading this as a non-native English speaker, I didn't know what bouldering was, however I know what boulders are in Tomb Raider. So basically, I thought you wanted to get crushed by a boulder, just to know how it is...
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 10:13   #22
FanosCroft

She is a significant part of my world, she inspires me a lot.
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 11:18   #23
dcw123

Core Design's classic Lara I grew up with since TR1 when I was 5 years old. I am 27 now and still play them with joy..

Her many adventures inspired me to travel and I really want to see the world.
Uncharted did this also I guess... Nepal was awesome
Have to resist the urge to climb everything though HAHA

Reboot and Rise were just so meh. Lara wasn't a character anymore IMO she was a plain Jane..
Hopefully we'll get something more akin to LAU or Classics in Shadow of the TR
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 11:34   #24
tomee

I voted not at all, but upon further thinking she did influence me, although not directly. I think my views on the world, politics, modern day events would be so so much different if it wasn't for the mere fact that I joined TRF nearly 9 years ago. It shaped me so much over the years.

I think it's still far too much to say she's a significant part of my world though.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 16:36   #25
Grimaldi

She was a great female role model when I was a kid. I was more comfortable expressing feminine qualities because of her, and learned a little about different mythologies and places in the world through her. Like Rai, I'd attribute it more to TR as a whole, and the fandom too, but Lara's been a big influence.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 18:48   #26
wmcintosh
Inactive

Liked the fact it was solely a female.

I'm 53 year old male and still love it.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 20:53   #27
lararoxs
Golden

Significant part of my world - Growing up I was Lara mad and all I was ever interested in was Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. The original games were all I knew and I grew up watching my Dad play TR1 before TR2 was my first game completed on my own and all the way through. I was about 3 years old when I was first shown Tomb Raider and Lara.

I was that engrossed that it was my sister's birthday one year and my Mum asked her if she'd blown out her candles and made a wish and of course to keep it secret, I was about 5 and butted in "it doesn't matter, they don't come true anyway". My Mum was shocked and asked why I thought so and what I had wished for that I didn't get. I informed her that I wished for a pair of uzis like Lara Croft and I still hadn't gotten them.

In recent years, not so much, I'm not as die-hard of a fan or I just don't relate to the new games like I did the classics. Lara is still a big part of my world, just not as much so, to say she made me who I am today.

Last edited by lararoxs; 04-01-18 at 20:55.
lararoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 23:21   #28
Laralicious

Default She made me who I am today

And she still influences me. Even though I do not have a degree in archaeology or a job in the profession, it (or something in history) is my dream job and I love to watch archaeology/ historical documentaries on TV.

She has influenced the hobbies that I have, encouraging a deep interest in history, mythology and religious studies and these were the subjects that I took in GCSE and A Level.

She influences the way I dress, typical military trousers, camo trousers, boots etc and I don't care if it looks '90s, as long as I feel that it's Lara like. I do some cosplaying (not public) but that gives me a confidence boost. I keep active and in shape and strong because Lara is those things. I have long hair (and I mean long, just past my hips long) that I plait almost every day. Whenever I am a little nervous, I think of her and all that she can do.

She has influenced some of my characteristics, her home is simple and clean so I try to keep my home simplistic and tidy. I feel that she is lady like, elegant and polite to strangers (apart from enemies), she is willing to help strangers (brother Chen and Sarg. Azziz) and I try to follow that. She doesn't smoke or drink and that is why I do not ever smoke or drink alcohol. She is smart and I try to keep learning things to be like her. I want to travel to the locations that she has visited because of her.

I suppose I was at a young enough age to be influenced by her as I grew up with her. I just adore her!
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 03:11   #29
Eddie Haskell

Not in any way at all.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-18, 16:45   #30
Evan C.

She made me who I am. She means everything to me and probably she is gonna be between the last 3 things I’ll think of before passing away. It’s kinda disturbing but it is!
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote