Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-10-15, 18:31   #1
Emix

Default Prey For The Gods

http://preyforthegods.com/

Quote:
Prey for the Gods is a brutal journey set on a desolate frozen island, where your only chance of survival is to destroy the very gods you believe in.

In Prey for the Gods, you play a lone hero sent to the edge of a dying world to discover the mystery behind a never-ending winter. Arriving with only the clothes on your back, you must survive the colossal dangers that you encounter. To restore balance and reclaim the land from the brink, you will be faced with questions that not even a God knows the answer to.

No Matter Studios is comprised of three lone developers working in the evening hours to create the game they’ve always wanted. With the simple goal to create colossal moments we’ve set forth on our labor of love "Prey for the Gods".
This looks very interesting to me, i am impressed.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-15, 18:39   #2
LarasFan

Looks a lot like shadow of the colossus. Keeping my eye on it...
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-15, 18:56   #3
BluenoseGames

Looks interesting, hoping it comes to consoles after release.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-15, 19:00   #4
Enya Brennan

Shadow of the Colossus + Rise of the Tomb Raider

---

Looks extremely good! I really like the description of the adventure.
The title seems like some kind of pun xD.
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-15, 19:03   #5
Emix

I forgot to add that it's coming to PC/Mac only (for now).
And i can't believe that only 3 ppl are working on it!
Old 17-10-15, 19:26   #6
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan View Post
Shadow of the Colossus + Rise of the Tomb Raider
I thought it looked more like Shadow of the Colossus + Assassin's Creed III. Visually, at least. Let's hope it's nothing like Assassin's Creed III in terms of gameplay or story.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-16, 21:34   #7
Emix

OH MY GOD!!

Support them: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...y-for-the-gods

Last edited by Emix; 06-07-16 at 21:38.
Old 03-05-17, 20:59   #8
Emix

Quote:
Wha!? Why are you now PRAEY for the Gods!?

Oh yea that...so we didn’t want to do this but we had to change our game name from Prey for the Gods to Praey for the Gods. Thankfully we get to keep the logo but we will spell it “Praey for the Gods”. Honestly, we could make this entire newsletter about our thoughts on this. Trademark law is what we were dealing with and we aren’t under any NDA so we can state the opposition in this situation, Bethesda/Zenimax.

We could’ve fought this and we did think about it for quite a while. Something like a trademark opposition can be long and depending on how far someone wants to fight it can be very expensive. We didn’t want to spend our precious Kickstarter funds, nor did we want to have to ask for additional funds to fight this in court. Using backer money towards something that doesn’t go towards the development or backer rewards felt horrible to us. Even if we did win we’d have to spend a solid chunk of our funds and in our opinion it wasn’t worth it.

The truth is we initially thought about naming the game Præy for the Gods prior to our initial trailer. The logo has both the woman praying against the duality of prey, and thankfully we get to continue to use that. We figured people would have a hard time trying to type in the æ symbol in search engines etc. This was back in 2015 when we posted a trailer on Facebook and Twitter with had no idea if 100 or even 1000 people would watch the trailer. We were applying for both Prey for the Gods, and Præy for the Gods trademarks shortly after as we realized the extent of what we were making. Unfortunately, Zenimax chose to oppose our mark, as they felt both were too similar to their mark “Prey” which they purchased from Id Software, in 2009. While we disagree with their opposition we were able to come to an agreement.

It was something that kept me up many nights, and no doubt shifted our focus from our game frequently. Worrying about the outcome if we went to trial, if we’d lose our fans or walk away from the mark and still potentially get sued for millions on trademark infringement. This is really something no starting company should have to deal with let alone a tiny team of 3. So the fact that we came out the other end intact still developing the game was a win. One that will no doubt shape our company moving forward.
https://www.praeyforthegods.com/prae...-newsletter-8/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...1d97a70f000029

Bull****!
Old 04-05-17, 01:50   #9
Alex Fly
Inactive

^ That forced name change sucks really...
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-17, 02:56   #10
robm_2007

The pronunciation is the same, the spelling is virtually the same. Who cares.

I doubt they would have been able to name it Tomb/Rise for the Gods (for example).

Last edited by robm_2007; 04-05-17 at 18:03.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote