Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 02-06-18, 13:19   #1
Fantasy

Default Playing TRLE games with a PS controller?

Hey guys

I have connected my PS2 controller to my laptop using an adapter and downloaded JoyToKey. I've mapped the buttons so it should work, however whenever I open up a level I can't use the controller. Does anybody know how I can sort this so I can finally enjoy the library of TRLE games?

Thank you in advance
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 13:25   #2
TheLostSecret

Arrow

As far as I know , you must use a PC Joystick instead of using a PS2 controller and a program which translates data back to joystick . The button keys that were used to map joystick data is compatible with a PC joystick only . And remember , Go to Options > Control Configuration > Control Method and then used left or right arrow keys to set the method on Joystick and then try remapping the controls again .

But also wait for the others to answer . I have encountered the same issue too !
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 13:38   #3
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostSecret View Post
As far as I know , you must use a PC Joystick instead of using a PS2 controller and a program which translates data back to joystick . The button keys that were used to map joystick data is compatible with a PC joystick only . And remember , Go to Options > Control Configuration > Control Method and then used left or right arrow keys to set the method on Joystick and then try remapping the controls again .

But also wait for the others to answer . I have encountered the same issue too !
It seems to be working with Himalayan Mysteries! I can't seem to map the button for the roll action though...

EDIT: I think it depends on if the individual level has the option to change the control configuration...

Last edited by Fantasy; 02-06-18 at 13:48.
Old 02-06-18, 14:02   #4
TheLostSecret

Arrow

TR4 Based levels use an old keyboard code mapping method which is redundant when it comes to new controller devices . When I gave my game to one of my friends to beta test it , it seemed that he couldn't map anything . .
He used to use an XBox controller though .
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 16:20   #5
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostSecret View Post
TR4 Based levels use an old keyboard code mapping method which is redundant when it comes to new controller devices . When I gave my game to one of my friends to beta test it , it seemed that he couldn't map anything . .
He used to use an XBox controller though .
I realised that I just didn’t see the options... I’ve been playing Himalayan Mysteries for a while now using the controller, it’s so much better for me to play
Old 02-06-18, 16:48   #6
SrDanielPonces

is the program you're using the one where you can simulate keyboard buttons being pressed by clicking the joystick buttons (that you've assigned)?
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 17:48   #7
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
is the program you're using the one where you can simulate keyboard buttons being pressed by clicking the joystick buttons (that you've assigned)?
That’s the one I’ve pretty much figured it out now. As always, the solution was right in front of me