Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 25-06-17, 08:44   #3351
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
It's no different to Davies resorting to the Daleks for his endings.
Didn't they have to reuse the Daleks and Cybermen at least once every season or they lose the copyright?
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 10:13   #3352
jajay119

You'd think so for how often they keep bringing them back. Anyways, if they're using the cybermen again then I'm glad they've gone back to the original ones from Mondas. As someone who didn't watch the old series, it ended the year I was born , I'm glad I got to have an insight into that version. I hope they explore Mondas a little more too in the next episode, which it seems they will from the preview unless that was Earth. I liked the epidode; I thought it was well shot, well paced and I actually got invested in the story. I think the Mondas cybermen have something more creepy about them than the alt.reality Lumus cybermen which just had their brains removed forcibly. There's something very dark about feeling so close to death you willingly chop off your own body parts, live in constant pain for a time just to achieve a new conciousness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
If this is how Bill is actually written out of the show, then so far it has failed to impact me in anyway. Throughout the episode it was obvious that she was going to be converted, but we all know Steven Moffats writing, he can't kill off characters. So the ending of the episode with Bill didn't concern or give me any emotion since I assumed The Doctor will fix her and everything will be right as rain by the end. The whole episode was very predictable leaving me pretty unimpressed by the end. We'll have to wait and see what happens I guess.
Personally I think some episodes can be more about the journey than the destination. We've known for ages The cybermen and the Master were returning and we've known that Pearle has potentially only been signed on for one series and there have been rumours of her being kille off. I don't believe that, like you said Moffat seems incapable of a hard hitting story which has actual consequences, but I knew since the beginning of the series a story like this was coming. But I really enjoyed watching it unfold.

I don't know about anyone else; but I'm wondering if they're going to pay off the whole 'The doctor knew Bill's mum' thing. Seems like they won't know but I would like some clarity on it .

Last edited by jajay119; 25-06-17 at 10:18.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 10:57   #3353
Mad Tony

This plot-line seems quite similar to the Toclafane one 10 years ago.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 18:06   #3354
Tombraider95

I think the whole Bill waiting for quite a few years was a bit too much. Surely by then she would have gone insane? Or at least tried to escape somehow. Years are a long time, but she's just chilling down there with The Master. It's like when The Doctor was stuck in the confession dial for... 4 billion years or something? I think that's just too long to be believable. Have time be slower, sure, but not that drastically. The plot reminds me of the girl who waited.

Back in series 3, Martha was travelling for a year and you could see the effects it had on her and even that seemed like a long time. I could forgive all this if the BBC hadn't announced his return or even shown him in the next time trailers.

Oh well. 2 episodes of Steven Moffat left! Hallelujah!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 23:10   #3355
Chamayoo

Without the revelation of the Master and the Mondasian Cybermen before the season aired, the episode would be far far more enjoyable and jaw-dropping. I guess it is better for the BBC to keep the audience in the warm until the end.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 25-06-17 at 23:12.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 18:43   #3356
Tombraider95

Okay that episode was pretty well done! First time in AGES that I've gotten a bit emotional over DW. I think this episode and Knock Knock are probably the best of the series.

SPOILERS BTW:

I think this episode could have been amazing if he regenerated at the end, but I knew he wouldn't however the ending was interesting for Christmas! Looking forward to it! I like the idea of him refusing to regenerate.

I think the Missy/Master ending part was really well done too. I actually felt really bad for Missy when she was cry/laughing when she died. I hope she isn't gone forever. I would like her to return actually.

Im glad Nardole is gone too, he had a nice end.

Regarding Bill I did like the way she left, however it was too similar to Clara's end. If only Clara actually died and not had that terrible ending with "Me" and their tardis. This was pretty much the same as that. Bill is kind of dead and is traveling around with someone else. Again I wish they would have included her foster mum somehow as did Bill go back or has she just gone off and disappeared from Earth completely?

It was great to see all the companions shouting doctor at the end!! Nice throwback!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 18:59   #3357
Mad Tony

Really don't like the way Moffat "kills" off companions.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 19:06   #3358
Jami393

SPOILERS:

Anyway, I love this episode also. It's a shame that this might be the end of the Master/Missy, but she went out being that back stabber he/she is, which also ended in hysterical laughing. Just the perfect way for them to go. I hope something does happen to allow The Master to return, though.

Bill was good proving how strong she is standing up against the programming of the Cybermen in her mind, which lead her to be a great ally against the army of Cybermen attacking the colony. It was great to see her getting emotional realising what she really is and great that we saw her in her perspective and the perspective of others.

Finally, the Doctor. Loving the hatred of him changing into someone else. Sick of the regeneration cycle and wanting to stay as that one Time Lord in terms of appearance. And with the TARDIS having some thought towards that, possibly trying to help him with his issue by sending him to the one person that will be able to help him. The Doctor. The very original Doctor who was the start of this one Time Lord's life cycle all those thousands of years ago. Great to see David Bradley reprising his role from Adventures in Space in Time.

Last edited by Jami393; 01-07-17 at 19:07.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 19:15   #3359
sackboy123

Shame to see Missy go, she is the only Master I truly enjoyed seeing and I feel like no future Master could do what Michelle did.

Loved this finale so much and I kind of expected Heather to return in a way and all those Doctor throwback and seeing Donna again

I still wish we could get Donna to return in some shape or form, I still miss her

Looking forward to Christmas with The 1st Doctor

Never watched Classic Who but I know some details. Could this be The Doctor before he regenerated into his 2nd incarnation and if so I wonder if we could see Ben and Polly or maybe even Susan if that could be possible
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-17, 19:21   #3360
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Really enjoyed this seasons storylines.

Looking forward to seing who is the next Doctor
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote