www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 02-05-18, 21:58   #1
Cristina
Relic Hunter

Default Is this website legit?

Hello, did someone already have purchased something from a website? is legit? i did found stan smith hologram sneakers for a good price but im scared it may be fake...

Last edited by tlr online; 08-05-18 at 15:30. Reason: Name of web site removed.
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 21:59   #2
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

If you’re ever unsure of a website being fake, stay away from it. That’s the best case scenario
Old 02-05-18, 22:23   #3
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Usually if they have deals too good to be true, be wary of it lol. I was scammed by such a website many years ago, and by the time I realized what'd happened the website disappeared and I no longer could contact them through email. I never received what I ordered and lost about $75.

I probably should've pursued it somehow but, I was very young at the time and had no idea how to do any of that.

Anyway... if you're ever unsure about a website, I'd recommend doing a search for it in a search engine along with reviews or "is this website safe" in the search entry. I've avoided some sites by doing that, although it isn't always a guarantee. I wouldn't be surprised if some places manipulate or post fake reviews to make their site look good.

TL;DR version is, if it looks shady it probably is.
Old 02-05-18, 22:35   #4
Cristina
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
If you’re ever unsure of a website being fake, stay away from it. That’s the best case scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Usually if they have deals too good to be true, be wary of it lol. I was scammed by such a website many years ago, and by the time I realized what'd happened the website disappeared and I no longer could contact them through email. I never received what I ordered and lost about $75.

I probably should've pursued it somehow but, I was very young at the time and had no idea how to do any of that.

Anyway... if you're ever unsure about a website, I'd recommend doing a search for it in a search engine along with reviews or "is this website safe" in the search entry. I've avoided some sites by doing that, although it isn't always a guarantee. I wouldn't be surprised if some places manipulate or post fake reviews to make their site look good.

TL;DR version is, if it looks shady it probably is.
Im so sorry losing that much money sucks... :/
I never heard of this website before and i tried to search to see it this is safe but didn´t find anything. i did noticed several shoes have menber reviews. still prefer not risk it

Last edited by Cristina; 02-05-18 at 22:37.
Old 02-05-18, 22:48   #5
Yeauxleaux
Professor

Normally I'm an advocate for supporting smaller business but online you just can't be sure.

There are usually some telltale signs, the main one is a badly done website that has very little effort put into it. Usually (I won't say always) companies that have very professional, well-made and easy to use websites are going to be more trustworthy, because that's a business who cares about their image. If the website is very generic-looking and not designed distinctively, has important features missing, is written in poor English (or written poorly in another language) these can be suspect.

Reviews are neither here nor there, since they can fake them, or else people can just write stupid things, and people don't even have the same standards of service.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-05-18 at 06:20.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-18, 02:03   #6
Sayonel
Student

I did a quick google search and some people said that the sight is real and will mail out the items you bought, but the items are knockoffs.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-18, 23:15   #7
Cristina
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Normally I'm an advocate for supporting smaller business but online you just can't be sure.

There are usually some telltale signs, the main one is a badly done website that has very little effort put into it. Usually (I won't say always) companies that have very professional, well-made and easy to use websites are going to be more trustworthy, because that's a business who cares about their image. If the website is very generic-looking and not designed distinctively, has important features missing, is written in poor English (or written poorly in another language) these can be suspect.

Reviews are neither here nor there, since they can fake them, or else people can just write stupid things, and people don't even have the same standards of service.
This one looks good actualy and it looks real but just find out by sayonel they send knockoffs Anyway going to the store soon to get the green and white stans smith those are cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonel View Post
I did a quick google search and some people said that the sight is real and will mail out the items you bought, but the items are knockoffs.
Well still thats a bummer...

Last edited by Cristina; 07-05-18 at 23:20.