Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 14-02-18, 10:18   #691
TRJTA

Okay, I will!

It's soothing to see that some of the smaller levels (Serpent Rouge etc) don't have that many glitches. I'm now looking at all the smaller side levels in parisian ghetto. When I've finished those, I've documented every glitch up untill louvre storm drains.
TRJTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 16:56   #692
_Seth

When it comes to the cutscene outside the Louvre where Lara is woken up by Bouchard, is there a way to have Lara without the sunglasses or bullet vest to appear? Previously the sunglasses were a huge continuity issue, and now the bullet vest adds to that.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 17:28   #693
SLAYER

bullet vest?

She's wearing the vest in the FMV.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 17:37   #694
_Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
bullet vest?

She's wearing the vest in the FMV.
Yeah but she's not for the Kurtis grope and chase cutscenes before it. Mainly it's the sunglasses, tbh.

Also, when I replace CS_6_16.GMX.CLZ which is the fix for Lara first meets Kurtis, it fixes the camera rotation glitch, but puts Lara in the bullet vest, which Kurtis' hand goes right through...

Last edited by _Seth; 18-02-18 at 19:08.
Old 20-02-18, 20:43   #695
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
They went unobserved during beta testing because ps2 version has backface culling disabled.
Nakamichi. You said this last year. I notice that a LOT of the graphical glitches would immediately be fixed if this also be disabled for the PC version too. Instead of making all of these materials double sided by hand, perhaps this could be de-activated for all faces in the game?
Old 20-02-18, 23:13   #696
_Seth

Nearly finished the game with the multi-patcher, which is a great way of creating an almost Definitive Edition for AoD.

I think the only feedback I have would be:

Bullet vest appearing in the cutscene where Kurtis takes Lara’s guns; his hand goes through the vest and she’s not wearing it in the level before or the chase cutscene after. There is no way to have the camera angle fix without the continuity break and larger distraction of the bullet vest.

Bullet vest appears again later when Lara is awoken by Bouchard, and she’s wearing sunglasses; two continuity breaks as she has no sunglasses or vest in the chase cutscene before it.

Lara wears shorts in the vent cutscene where we see Luddick die.

Enable the realistic reflections on the mercenaries' goggles. I've seen this before but cannot remember how to implement it. (Ref: "And I thought this would be one of my easy days" cutscene guard closeup.)

If possible, it would have been nice to have:

PS2 blood splatters enabled

The delay between pressing Walk to have her sidestep removed, where you currently have to wait half a second otherwise she’ll turn on the spot, even with the walk button down.

Have ingame cutscenes zoomed in without letterbox bars, because currently with 16:9 you see more than you are supposed to on the sides and now with the top and bottom if you remove the bars. The red frame roughly represents no more and no less than what the framing was designed to be:

Last edited by _Seth; 20-02-18 at 23:20.
Old 21-02-18, 08:42   #697
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Nearly finished the game with the multi-patcher, which is a great way of creating an almost Definitive Edition for AoD.

I think the only feedback I have would be:

Bullet vest appearing in the cutscene where Kurtis takes Lara’s guns; his hand goes through the vest and she’s not wearing it in the level before or the chase cutscene after. There is no way to have the camera angle fix without the continuity break and larger distraction of the bullet vest.

Bullet vest appears again later when Lara is awoken by Bouchard, and she’s wearing sunglasses; two continuity breaks as she has no sunglasses or vest in the chase cutscene before it.

Lara wears shorts in the vent cutscene where we see Luddick die.
Thanks for your feedback!
The vest outfit clearly has to go away in that cutscene. Since this would arise continuity issues with other levels/cutscenes, I think the best solution would be to open a public panel discussion and decide which outfit goes to each level/cutscene once and for all.

Quote:
Enable the realistic reflections on the mercenaries' goggles. I've seen this before but cannot remember how to implement it. (Ref: "And I thought this would be one of my easy days" cutscene guard closeup.)
Slayer's Ultimate Patch

Quote:
If possible, it would have been nice to have:

PS2 blood splatters enabled
Ironically I managed to restore this effect while messing with the exe in cheat engine but I wasn't able to reproduce all the changes I made.

Quote:
The delay between pressing Walk to have her sidestep removed, where you currently have to wait half a second otherwise she’ll turn on the spot, even with the walk button down.
I made a video about this in my Youtube channel. This patch will be available in the next Multi-patcher update.

Quote:
Have ingame cutscenes zoomed in without letterbox bars, because currently with 16:9 you see more than you are supposed to on the sides and now with the top and bottom if you remove the bars. The red frame roughly represents no more and no less than what the framing was designed to be:
The original frame aspect ratio for cutscene was 16:10 so it would still require some top/bottom cropping or left/right widening but this might work. Interesting mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Nakamichi. You said this last year. I notice that a LOT of the graphical glitches would immediately be fixed if this also be disabled for the PC version too. Instead of making all of these materials double sided by hand, perhaps this could be de-activated for all faces in the game?
This is a rough solution which I don't like because it might introduce unexpected glitches or performance drops. As I stated in a previous post, when it's possible I prefer fixing the issues (= flipping wrong faces) instead of hiding them (= enabling double sided material).
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 09:32   #698
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Thanks for your feedback!
The vest outfit clearly has to go away in that cutscene. Since this would arise continuity issues with other levels/cutscenes, I think the best solution would be to open a public panel discussion and decide which outfit goes to each level/cutscene once and for all.

Slayer's Ultimate Patch

Ironically I managed to restore this effect while messing with the exe in cheat engine but I wasn't able to reproduce all the changes I made.

I made a video about this in my Youtube channel. This patch will be available in the next Multi-patcher update.

The original frame aspect ratio for cutscene was 16:10 so it would still require some top/bottom cropping or left/right widening but this might work. Interesting mod!

This is a rough solution which I don't like because it might introduce unexpected glitches or performance drops. As I stated in a previous post, when it's possible I prefer fixing the issues (= flipping wrong faces) instead of hiding them (= enabling double sided material).
Thanks Nakamichi! Yes I thought you would say that

A poll for the outfit is an excellent idea! I'm also really curious if you will be able to fix the other feedback stuff Seth gave.

Meanwhile I'm working on the Graphics Patch.
Soon I'll release the final versions of the first few levels of the game:
- Parisian Backstreets
- Derelict Apartment Block
- Industrial Rooftops
- Margot Carvier's Apartment

It's looking really neat!
Old 21-02-18, 11:57   #699
SLAYER

The default game behavior is no vest in that cutscene. Nakamichi fixed the car windows on top of the corrected outfit files.

The FMV dictates the outfit as we can't change it.
https://imgur.com/a/tr9vh

Last edited by SLAYER; 21-02-18 at 12:00.
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 17:50   #700
Caesum

^ I would also check where Lara's sunglasses should appear/disappear based on FMVs. I'm not sure though if it can be fixed..?

I think the easiest way would be to make Lara's sunglasses invisible for the entire Paris part, because she doesn't have glasses up to Werner's Apartment(EN_FLASH.MPG). Then Lara's glasses appear only in the last FMV, that is END.MPG, which means she was meant to have glasses in Prague.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote