Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 25-03-15, 18:11   #31
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain View Post
AOD got some great animations, they appear so fluent it's unbelievable! But there are some bad animations too, like letting go of monkey swing and jumping off a climbing-wall, she gains momentum out of nowhere.
I don't care for AoD, but I will admit that game has some awesome animations. When she goes up and down stairs her foot lands on each step, now that's some attention to detail Most games, even today, don't do that.

/off-topic
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-15, 18:41   #32
Wooxman

Quote:
Didn't know about unused moves or the second wind thing either. What was that supposed to be?
There's an ability in the multiplayer called second wind, which increases your sprinting distance. Maybe Lara was able to sprint in the single player in earlier versions and you could upgrade this ability in a similar manner.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-15, 19:45   #33
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
When she goes up and down stairs her foot lands on each step, now that's some attention to detail Most games, even today, don't do that.
The way she puts her hands while doing that animation is hilarious hehe. But the animation itself is very well-done. As you said, AOD paid attention to a lot of small details.

Quote:
Didn't know about unused moves or the second wind thing either. What was that supposed to be?
There was a thread about it some time ago, I think. I noticed that when I enabled Lara's injuries, an "advice" pops up and says something like "Camp, hunt or consume food to recharge second wind".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
There's an ability in the multiplayer called second wind, which increases your sprinting distance. Maybe Lara was able to sprint in the single player in earlier versions and you could upgrade this ability in a similar manner.
Didn't know this. Meh, I don't play TR2013's MP
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-15, 03:56   #34
SpotEnemyBoats

It's not a big deal, pretty much every developer reuses assets and code from previous games.
SpotEnemyBoats is offline   Reply With Quote