Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-03-12, 17:07   #21
jhs270694

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
You can't be both.
----------------------------
For those of you into MBTI, new Lara might be an INFJ, while old Lara was an INTJ.
omg im heavily into MBTI, My last thread was devoted to that in relation to new lara but no one understood what i was talking about lol. do you think old lara was ISTP? im INFP mainly sometimes INTP

ISTP people have a thing for physical sports in private "minding their own business" style. top athletes are ISTP. sounds like old lara to me

actually your probably right about new lara being INTJ, i picked this quote about them "They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it.". Survival instinct anyone?

@philip Introverts can be in control if they want to. Extroverts like the controlling of other people, introverts like the independence of themselves, don't like to be controlled, want their own personal space, do what they want without someone bossing them around. Who says introverts dont make decisions? My mum is an introvert and she controls my whole family like a boss including controlling my dad (hes afraid of her LOL). she makes the decisions. She isnt afraid to stand up for herself. The concept of Introversion and Extroversion is pretty vague to be honest. Not all introverts are the same and vice versa. I know extroverts who get shy from time to time for example.

Last edited by jhs270694; 08-03-12 at 17:26.
jhs270694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 18:06   #22
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs270694 View Post
Yeh but because your an introvert doesnt mean you dont have a group of friends at all. extroverts have usually a large number of friends and have lots of acquaintances, sure lara had friends she was constantly in contact with but introverts have a small group of loyal friends they always seem to stay in contact with, if they fall under their own interests. tbh those buddies seemed loyal rather than 'just friends' if you know what i mean. this is coming from an introvert lol
I know what you mean, introverts aren't friendless - but, Legend Lara definitely seemed more extrovert than the others to me. Extroverts are more people mixers and she was always mixing with people in Legend. We saw her college buddies, her team, people she'd become friends with along the way. We even saw "party Lara".
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 18:14   #23
jhs270694

I guess your right, but im heading towards what matrix said, shes sort of balanced slightly tipping over to introversion. Well the new one anyway. i don't think being an extrovert is going to benefit her being on the island alone, typical extroverts cant stand loneliness and its backed up scientifically as well. extroverts need external stimulation through social interactions with people constantly because they don't have enough dopamine whereas an introvert has too much dopamine and is therefore more easily exhausted to external social interactions. From a logical standpoint it makes more sense for her to be an introvert. I might be biased in my judgement so sorry about that lol

she'd probably become a stronger introvert during the games progression. If im not mistaken, in the leaked script she was speaking towards a camera, documenting her exhibition in her cabin feeling exited alone with nobody around her. i have a habit of speaking to myself a lot and smiling and laughing when nobody is there when im in a solitary environment, its a way of releasing my bottled up internal thoughts usually when nobody is there, if they found me speaking to myself they'd think im a wierdo.

Plus she's alone in her cabin on the ship, it looks like its not been shared at least for days or weeks showing she wants some personal space away from everyone from what we have seen in the trailer, im not saying extroverts are never alone but they tend to feel unconformable alone whereas an introvert doesn't give a care in the world, they're locked up in their own world and lara seemed perfectly fine being alone doing her own thing.

Big edit: Sorry i completely misunderstood, im sleep deprived so im chatting rubish at times. your talking about legend lara, got it

Last edited by jhs270694; 08-03-12 at 20:22.
Old 08-03-12, 18:54   #24
matrix54

Yes, Legend Lara is an Extrovert. They wanted her to talk more, and ended up giving her a bunch of friends. It's like, she didn't mind being alone, but needed someone to talk to. It kind of fit her, given her situation with her parents. Like, she was actively socializing on a headset while rock climbing in Bolivia - not like a where to go, what to do kind of socializing, but more of a "Hey, hows it going. how are you". Don't get me started on her Wardrobe and her caring about how others see her. It's subtle, but there.

I think she was an extrovert (a bit) in Anni, given how she talks to people (sometimes), and her emotional connection to people she barely knows, but she normally just brushed it off. Underworld, she was an introvert, but given what happened in Legend, it makes sense.
--------------------------------------------------
For MBTI, I think floats back and forth between S and N. She exhibits both, but I'll give her intuitive. She tends to know when something is going to happen for some odd reason. And now that you mention it, Lara is a bit perceptive, but she's not very good with people. She tends to brush them off a lot, and she only wants to talk to them for information. If she was perceptive, she'd be able to tell when someone was feeding her crap (play AOD for prime examples) unless is obvious. She's takes what she has and uses it to her advantage, so she's Judgmental.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 19:00   #25
jhs270694

my mums a heavy S and she is uber judgemental so i agree with that one. but introverts usually think things through before acting and shes probably doing that by asking questions with people. like i said people who fall in the introverts interest become 'friends' so long as their interests are satisfied, i do admit it sounds pretty selfish sometimes but we tend to only hang out with people who are involved in the same thing as us.

arggh i keep blabbing on about introverts, someone needs to blab on about extroverts, i cant really judge them properly because im not one of them, i only know their stereotypical behaviour.

Oh and asking people questions then brushing them off is a very typical and common ISTP behaviour, my friend is one lol, so long as you don't talk about what they're interested in they'll just walk off or talk about something else :P that further supports your point about her being S as well

I really am beginning to think that im in the minority in terms topics like this. I mean personality is a huge element in character development and that is what this game is based on, character development is intrinsic to narrative story telling and this is what the game is going to be. some people seem to forget that and just say "meh, i dont care as long as i play the game". doesnt anybody care about her character anymore especially when its a reboot? im not saying you guys dont care, its just that people dont value real quality story telling anymore and just want the visuals and graphics. if the gameplay is excellent but then if the story is bad.. people wont like it as much. Im not hitting xbox fans but (SPOILERS) gears 3 story was a bit plain and dull. Sure in a war people cry and die, we saw a bit of emotionalism especially when dom died, i expected a better ending, but instead we got a HAX weapon that could kill all the locust and lambent in one shot. anyone can make that story up. But its gameplay and multiplayer made up for it and that was the main focus. In TR the story and character development is the main focus in the reboot at least.

yeh im a girl and i played gears, got a problem? jk

Oh btw im a HUGE halo fan too, but mainly because of the haloverse sotry than the games themselves, i read all the books. Get where im coming from? i prefer quality storytelling and game play over fancy visuals, and graphics. but there needs to be a balance of good gameplay and good story telling not just one over the other.

Did i just go off-topic in my own thread?

Last edited by jhs270694; 08-03-12 at 19:35.
Old 08-03-12, 23:05   #26
Moon-Safari

Quote:
omg im heavily into MBTI, My last thread was devoted to that in relation to new lara but no one understood what i was talking about lol. do you think old lara was ISTP? im INFP mainly sometimes INTP

ISTP people have a thing for physical sports in private "minding their own business" style.
top athletes are ISTP. sounds like old lara to me

actually your probably right about new lara being INTJ, i picked this quote about them "They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it.". Survival instinct anyone?

@philip Introverts can be in control if they want to. Extroverts like the controlling of other people, introverts like the independence of themselves, don't like to be controlled, want their own personal space, do what they want without someone bossing them around. Who says introverts dont make decisions? My mum is an introvert and she controls my whole family like a boss including controlling my dad (hes afraid of her LOL). she makes the decisions. She isnt afraid to stand up for herself. The concept of Introversion and Extroversion is pretty vague to be honest. Not all introverts are the same and vice versa. I know extroverts who get shy from time to time for example.

But ISTP and INTJ don't necessarily sound mutually exclusive. You can be intuitive and practice sports in private and mind your own business. Those are both what I see classic Lara as.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 23:40   #27
jhs270694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
But ISTP and INTJ don't necessarily sound mutually exclusive. You can be intuitive and practice sports in private and mind your own business. Those are both what I see classic Lara as.
If you look at the order of the cognitive functions of ISTP: Ti-Se-Ni-Fe you see that introverted thinking is her primary function, which means that it is normal to think a lot, to have internal conversations herself. The second function, extraverted sensing, indicates that you she is prone to enjoy the contact with physical world, to engage in physical activities rather than intellectual and abstract stuff.

(sorry i edited this made a mistake). Good point about bringing up INTJ, never thought about them tbh.

i can go on a whole new level but i could end up writing an essay on it lol

Last edited by jhs270694; 08-03-12 at 23:51.
Old 12-03-12, 04:06   #28
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Old Lara - introvert.

New Lara - extrovert.
This.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-12, 01:27   #29
Tyrannosaurus

Quote:

ISTP people have a thing for physical sports in private "minding their own business" style. top athletes are ISTP. sounds like old lara to me
Old Lara was definitely an ISTP, in every Core game.

I can't really say the same about CD Lara, though, since she's never seemed that consistent to me, but Legend Lara comes across as an extrovert, and Underworld Lara seems to exhibit strong judging characteristics, so she might be an INTJ or ENTJ.

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 16-03-12 at 01:30.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-12, 19:55   #30
jhs270694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus View Post
Old Lara was definitely an ISTP, in every Core game.

I can't really say the same about CD Lara, though, since she's never seemed that consistent to me, but Legend Lara comes across as an extrovert, and Underworld Lara seems to exhibit strong judging characteristics, so she might be an INTJ or ENTJ.
Yh, they tried exhibiting feelings for Underworld Lara so naturally like you said she had judging characteristics, one of my friends is an INTJ, he is so judgemental and awkward, even for an introvert. But he's also physically active too in a private kind of way.

What do you think of the new Lara? I know its too soon to judge but make a guess based on what we've seen and known.

Because character development and survival is going to play a big part. I think its viable for me to say she's going to have a strong I which will help with her 'survival instincts' because instincts is such a fuzzy thing, you just 'know' without any prior knowledge of what to do which the new Lara is going to have to do a lot of (with common sense of course). And turn her F (she's scared and emotional at the beginning) into a 'Cold' T. She has to eventually get used to the fact that she has to kill in cold blood to survive and not invoke feelings on things that try to kill her. I also think she will have her P turn into a strong J because P, you sort of dream about the future sort of idealise yourself (she dreams of making her mark) although this is debatable because she's trying to make it happen which the 'J' is in the hear and now. As for the I/E, im not sure but it seems shes a bit of an introvert based on the trailer and leaked footage with roth.

So to conclude i thing at the beginning she's an INFJ because they're very well known to use their intuition and especially their instincts. i'm going to quote a site that has LOTS of knowledge with the MBTI test:

"INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions...(skipped a part) Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk." -remember her desk in her ship was messy and that fact she will be using 'survival instinct'?

In the end she might turn out as INTJ which makes sense seeming as though the 'old' Lara was something like this. Karl did say she would turn into the Lara croft we all know and love.

Well this is my opinion

Last edited by jhs270694; 16-03-12 at 19:58.