Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 30-12-14, 04:36   #621
sapper

I don't think so.

If you have registered version you could write a script to print the selected face.

Maybe delete the face concerned and save to a test.mqo.

Then compare the original and test files in a text editor to see which face is missing.

EDIT: A text editor that compares files side by side and highlights the differences!

Last edited by sapper; 30-12-14 at 04:55.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 01:22   #622
tomb2player

Is there any way to make wall collision thickness other than 1x1 sector? It seems that when it comes to collision editing, it's necessary to stick with standard NGLE grid, am I right? If yes, are there any other ways to simulate collision for walls which are less or more thick than 1x1? I could walk-around this by usage of static collision, but there are 2 problems - camera is looking through this type of collision, and there is no world geometry clipping feature, which means less FPS, crashes, etc. I know that there are special collision objects in TRNG which are working similar way to special bridge object. But unfortunately there is other problem related to this - it is eating limit " Moveables: x/1024 " which I would prefer to use for another things like enemies, doors, etc. If there is small amount of space ( geometry ) to cover with this collision, there is no problem. But if my level will contain for example 90% of walls other than 1x1 and will be quite big, it could be big problem with this limit...

EDIT: Omg... I just noticed that couple of posts above there was mentioned exactly the same problem . Ok, it seems from replies that it is not possible. But any suggestions will be welcomed

Last edited by tomb2player; 06-01-15 at 01:28.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 22:47   #623
THOR2010

im trying to make a coastline, and i want the ocean surface to be opaque, but i also want a small shallow part right on the beach lara can walk in to be semi transparent. so my question is- is there any way to get a nice even blend between semi transparent textures and opaque textures?
THOR2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-15, 19:00   #624
Joey79100

You can just make it semi-transparent but make the rooms below slowly fading to black (if you're using Colour Addition transparency) if there are any. It wouldn't be a direct transition, but as 0 + something = something, your water texture will look opaque where there's only black below it.
I'm curious to see how it looks, will you show it?
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 06:00   #625
TR-Freak
Unverified

Hey there. I decided to start with Meta.
Just got some questions:

Do work Meta and LE at the same time? This means If I recompile my Level, can I keep my work, especially when adding/removing rooms?

How should I create details in Floor and Walls and whats more important: to replace a texture with a detailed mesh in the whole level?
(Dunno how to explain, but "copy&paste details in walls" fits more)

What about texturing new Faces? Can faces be completely UV-Mapped, this means that a mesh can have multiple texture"squares"?
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-15, 15:53   #626
Baddy82

..edit..

Last edited by Baddy82; 08-07-16 at 17:14.
Baddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-15, 12:00   #627
Mordyga

Can we add "weight" (waves ect.) to enemies vertices?
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 17:39   #628
DJ Full

I heard merging objects with room geometry improves the framerate. How much exactly? I have a quite lagging yet classic project so the supposed fps gain would be the only reason to run it through meta2tr. If I'm to get just 1-2 frames I guess there's no point to do so, but if the improvement is significant I'll consider merging worth a trouble. Thanks for any advice on this topic

Last edited by DJ Full; 01-10-15 at 17:41.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-15, 22:09   #629
psiko

Someone reported that he had an improvement from 17 to 27 frames per seconds. But even if he considered himself an expert, I doubt he optimized everything.
I think the improvement can vary, expecially considering what you merge and how. Not all statics need that effort, for instance, if a static is repeated many times, it is better to leave it that way, expecially if you like to add some more detail in other sense, that is in room geometry. But, for the sake of framerate, everything you put inside the roomall is welcome.

You'll see improvements expecially if you have little rooms and no huge environments/areas. If I may suggest, don't merge all the statics, but surely I would start merging all the plants/vegetables, that is, all the statics that have an alpha channel. Remember that room geometry can have its own UV info to have double sided textured polygons, so each static should be merged once you deleted all those unnecessary double faces (for instance, leaves in a tree can have only one sided polygon, the second one, with opposite normal, usefull for a static item, can be easily avoided by using the proper uv info once the item is merged in room geometry)

I can't tell more about framerate improvement because I directly project inside 3dsmax so I don't go through this process of merging items as second part of the initial design..
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-15, 09:09   #630
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
Remember that room geometry can have its own UV info to have double sided textured polygons, so each static should be merged once you deleted all those unnecessary double faces (for instance, leaves in a tree can have only one sided polygon, the second one, with opposite normal, usefull for a static item, can be easily avoided by using the proper uv info once the item is merged in room geometry)
Oh... That's something I could use!
So what's the proper UV info then?

I always make a one-sided face, UV-map it, then select it and click the "double sided face" option in the "selected" dropdown menu.
Is that it or are you talking about something else?
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote