Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 02-07-10, 14:31   #11
coolaideonfire

This Is The One is really nice. I love that album, her voice is so airy it's like silk especially on the ballads and more down-tempo tracks.

I haven't listened to her Japanese albums. I have a bit of a thing about listening to something I can not understand... they could be saying anything. But I have listened to Exodus and am absolutely in love with Kremlin Dusk.

Last edited by coolaideonfire; 02-07-10 at 14:33.
coolaideonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 14:39   #12
Glaçon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaideonfire View Post
This Is The One is really nice. I love that album, her voice is so airy it's like silk especially on the ballads and more down-tempo tracks.

I haven't listened to her Japanese albums. I have a bit of a thing about listening to something I can not understand... they could be saying anything. But I have listened to Exodus and am absolutely in love with Kremlin Dusk.
So far Kremlin Dusk is my favourite from Exodus, as well. It's so "listen-able".
Glaçon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 14:41   #13
coolaideonfire

Exodus '04 is pretty good as well. It makes me want to go traveling lol.
coolaideonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 15:22   #14
Shauni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaçon View Post
So far Kremlin Dusk is my favourite from Exodus, as well. It's so "listen-able".
Love that song

What is she up to now? I've not heard a single thing about her since "This is the one" was released.
Shauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 15:35   #15
tombraiderxii

Talking

I read somewhere that she migt have been taking a hiatus. I needs more utada to fill the void. She's amazing! I have all her english albums and Japanese one except for first love and Distance.

However, when I found out she would have a USA concert tour back in the beginning of they year called "utada in the flesh 2010" I was devastated to see how quickly the tickets sold out that and when me and my brother were supposed to meet her at best buy in San Francisco last MAy when she was supporting this is the one, she conveniently got strep throat or something like that si most of her promotion was ruined shame, she could have easily broke into the us market, just like how I fail to see why Kylie hasn't either .

I need to listen to heart station right now xD

Speaking of which, what are your top 5 utada albums so far? (if you've heard that much)
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 15:52   #16
Glaçon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
Love that song

What is she up to now? I've not heard a single thing about her since "This is the one" was released.
I wish I knew. She has a blog somewhere that she Authors somewhere... according to what I saw in a radio interview she did anyway - maybe you can find it... and we can slave over translating it, like the stalkerish fans we are.

I think, if she keeps pushing - she could really get something going in the U.S. This is the One, it feels like it was so close to "breaking", Come Back to Me was perfect, it's got all the makings of a #1... but it just didn't do it. Hope it didn't discourage her.
Old 02-07-10, 16:06   #17
tombraiderxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaçon View Post
I wish I knew. She has a blog somewhere that she Authors somewhere... according to what I saw in a radio interview she did anyway - maybe you can find it... and we can slave over translating it, like the stalkerish fans we are.

I think, if she keeps pushing - she could really get something going in the U.S. This is the One, it feels like it was so close to "breaking", Come Back to Me was perfect, it's got all the makings of a #1... but it just didn't do it. Hope it didn't discourage her.
I hope it didn't. All she really needed was to do more promotion, and since the digital release and physical release were a couple months apart she could do more promotion. However, she couldn't do any promoting for the Physical CD release because she got really sick, and by the time she got better, it was too late to promote it or release another single which could help her break out (which she did release as Dirty Desire, which imo, On and On needed to be the 2nd single) I basically think it was not enough promotion.

Also about what she'll do next i found this article (well i wikipedia'd it and found the article it referenced) from Metromix Honolulu

Quote:
What's next for you?

I'll be touring in the United States. After that I'm going to promote the new album a little more, and the single, "Dirty Desire." I might do a cover album, or I might take a break just to get some fresh ideas.
Click the Utada pic below for the interview
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 02:56   #18
Glaçon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraiderxii View Post
I hope it didn't. All she really needed was to do more promotion, and since the digital release and physical release were a couple months apart she could do more promotion. However, she couldn't do any promoting for the Physical CD release because she got really sick, and by the time she got better, it was too late to promote it or release another single which could help her break out (which she did release as Dirty Desire, which imo, On and On needed to be the 2nd single) I basically think it was not enough promotion.

Also about what she'll do next i found this article (well i wikipedia'd it and found the article it referenced) from Metromix Honolulu

Click the Utada pic below for the interview
http://honolulu.metromix.com/content_image/thumbnail/3x4/351/1710791
Thanks for that! Although, I wonder if she was just referring to the "In the Flesh Tour" The article is dated January.

"Do you sing in the shower?
Actually, I don't. Well, sometimes, I put my hair back with shampoo or conditioner and sing Elvis Presley's "(You Ain't Nothing But a) Hound Dog," while I'm waiting for the conditioner to work. "

She's so adorable.
Old 03-07-10, 04:42   #19
:}hello friend

When did this thread pop up?
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 04:46   #20
aktrekker

I love the JPOP scene. But I love it because of the Japanese style. When they try to become American and sing in English it loses something.
Many Japanese singers will sing some songs in English. But most of them are just memorizing the words and don't understand what they are saying. When they sing in Japanese, there is a little something extra in the way they do it that makes it better. It doesn't matter if you know Japanese or not.

I haven't heard alot of Utada's music, and nothing recent. My favorites are First Love and Wait & See (the video is great).
aktrekker is offline   Reply With Quote