Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-07, 16:34   #21
interstellardave

All I know is there's a BIG, VERY BIG, precedent for just this sort of thing... "____ is exclusive to ____ console." *Rumors flying for more than a year that it will not be* "____ is absolutely exclusive to _____ console!" *More rumors, including many, many, quotes from the developer saying that the game can only be done on it's intended platform, and that he, personally, hates the rival platform and would never develop a game on it.

The game? Resident Evil 4

The platforms? The Gamecube had "exclusivity" which was upheld in every interview, despite rumors the game would show up on the PS2. Nintendo had signed a deal for RE exclusivity, which (according to everything everyone heard for about 3 years) should have covered REmake, RE0 and RE4... the team leader on the game many times stated the PS2 was incapable of handling the game... he also stated his dislike of Sony and the PS2... said he would never make a game for the PS2!

The final result? On the eve of releasing the game on the Gamecube it was announced that it would be ported to the PS2... and the PS2 got extra content, even!

Seriously, anyone who followed that saga as it unfolded cannot in any way insist that this MGS rumor can't be true... It may not be true, of course, but as long as it persists this way, it is certainly possible. "Exclusivity" is very fleeting in the videogame world. It often turns out to be "Timed exclusivity" which really isn't the same thing.
Old 06-08-07, 16:52   #22
Legend of Lara

MGS4 for 360? Hm... Excuse me for a minute.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SAY THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!
IT CANNOT HAPPEN! EEEEEEVEEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!

*ahem* Well, anyone see a good movie today?
Old 06-08-07, 17:05   #23
Agent 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
All I know is there's a BIG, VERY BIG, precedent for just this sort of thing... "____ is exclusive to ____ console." *Rumors flying for more than a year that it will not be* "____ is absolutely exclusive to _____ console!" *More rumors, including many, many, quotes from the developer saying that the game can only be done on it's intended platform, and that he, personally, hates the rival platform and would never develop a game on it.

The game? Resident Evil 4

The platforms? The Gamecube had "exclusivity" which was upheld in every interview, despite rumors the game would show up on the PS2. Nintendo had signed a deal for RE exclusivity, which (according to everything everyone heard for about 3 years) should have covered REmake, RE0 and RE4... the team leader on the game many times stated the PS2 was incapable of handling the game... he a

olso stated his dislike of Sony and the PS2... said he would never make a game for the PS2!

The final result? On the eve of releasing the game on the Gamecube it was announced that it would be ported to the PS2... and the PS2 got extra content, even!

Seriously, anyone who followed that saga as it unfolded cannot in any way insist that this MGS rumor can't be true... It may not be true, of course, but as long as it persists this way, it is certainly possible. "Exclusivity" is very fleeting in the videogame world. It often turns out to be "Timed exclusivity" which really isn't the same thing.
one problem

CAPCOM is NOT Konami

also, Kojima Productions are only based in Konami HQ, ergo Hideo Kojima has more pull than people give him credit for......Konami only publish MGS
Old 06-08-07, 17:11   #24
TR freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
am i the only person to see what date that article was written ???
Well I didn't even bother reading it. I knew it was wrong because otherwise there would be uproar on every site on the internet about it. I accidentally wrote the article is accurate. I meant it isn't accurate. I've edited now.
Old 06-08-07, 22:00   #25
LegenDarY

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER View Post
Yeah, like no one else posts rumours on these forums. Get a grip LegenDary, it sparks discussion.

But if you are offended by this then please don't bother posting. No one is forcing you.
Wow talk about overreacting. It wasn't even personal, but in general, making threads about rumors is just boring and doesn't do any good. It doesn't spark discussion, it fuels false rumors and spreads them. Just post news when it's actually news, not when it's some mere boring rumors.

It would have been more interesting if we knew if it was actually true. There are tons of rumors everyday, how fun would it be if everybody started threads about all of them? Especially about MGS4, you want to post a thread everytime a 360 MGS4 rumor starts? Cause you'll be busy for a while if that's your cup of tea. Just post the news when it's actually confirmed , that way it's more interesting for everyone, than we can have a REAL discussion about the 360 version, not about the possibility of a 360 version.

And as you could see, the rumor was false, just like the PS3 Alan wake probably is. It would have been actual news if it was confirmed, but continue making these rumor thread, they highly amuse me at the moment . As does your reactions to a simple comment like that .
Old 06-08-07, 22:17   #26
viper456

so what if it goes over onto the 360 too? All it means is that more people can enjoy a popular game who may not of been able to play it otherwise. Not everyone can afford every console out there you know.
Old 06-08-07, 22:36   #27
UNDERTAKER

Quote:
Wow talk about overreacting. It wasn't even personal, but in general, making threads about rumors is just boring and doesn't do any good. It doesn't spark discussion, it fuels false rumors and spreads them. Just post news when it's actually news, not when it's some mere boring rumors.

It would have been more interesting if we knew if it was actually true. There are tons of rumors everyday, how fun would it be if everybody started threads about all of them? Especially about MGS4, you want to post a thread everytime a 360 MGS4 rumor starts? Cause you'll be busy for a while if that's your cup of tea. Just post the news when it's actually confirmed , that way it's more interesting for everyone, than we can have a REAL discussion about the 360 version, not about the possibility of a 360 version.

And as you could see, the rumor was false, just like the PS3 Alan wake probably is. It would have been actual news if it was confirmed, but continue making these rumor thread, they highly amuse me at the moment . As does your reactions to a simple comment like that .
The tone and word choice of your original post (and this one) suggest antagonism. Hence my reaction.

Regardless of how you feel about the topic, we've had 27 posts so far in this thread. So this mere 'dumb rumour' as you call it has sparked a bit of discussion after all. Which is what my original intention was anyway

Last edited by UNDERTAKER; 06-08-07 at 22:46.
Old 06-08-07, 22:48   #28
Agent 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper456 View Post
so what if it goes over onto the 360 too? All it means is that more people can enjoy a popular game who may not of been able to play it otherwise. Not everyone can afford every console out there you know.
erm, maybe because 360 gamers only want it "to get one over PS3 gamers"

and going by the likes of people who are gamespot/ign users, i reckon i'm right

@Legendary........Alan Wake has more chance of being released on Commador 64 than it does PS3

i believe Microsoft now own Remedy, plus they actually publish the game

Last edited by Agent 47; 06-08-07 at 22:51.
Old 06-08-07, 23:04   #29
LegenDarY

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER View Post
Regardless of how you feel about the topic, we've had 27 posts so far in this thread. So this mere 'dumb rumour' as you call it has sparked a bit of discussion after all. Which is what my original intention was anyway
Exactly what I said, you want people to discuss a rumor, which is dumb .

And don't worry that I don't like the what you posted, cause for all I care the 360 can have MGS4 as well, I like MGS, but I'm not a big fan of the series. So I honestly don't care about it being exclusive. (In fact, I'm almost certain it will be multiplatform in time, but they're keeping it secret so the PS3 will get a boost in sales.)

I do care, on the other hand, about people starting stupid rumors about exclusivity. What's even more idiotic is people who want other people to discuss these rumors, when they're not even close to being confirmed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
@Legendary........Alan Wake has more chance of being released on Commador 64 than it does PS3

i believe Microsoft now own Remedy, plus they actually publish the game
That's why I don't bother posting threads about rumors . Like I want people to discuss a potential loss for the 360.

Anyway, to get back on topic. This rumor has been proven false (big surprise), to me it looks like this thread has lost it's purpose and has become completely useless and might as well be closed .
Old 06-08-07, 23:16   #30
shockwave_pulsar00

Default Guess this closes that rumor.....

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27372
Closed Thread