Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 01-12-08, 17:26   #1
elizard_9594

Talking Yay gamestop!!!!

Guess what i just did this past weekend?!!!!
While recovering from the big turkey day on saturday, i was watching tv when a comercial popped up for TRU-and i was horrified! i heard rumors that it had been pushed back but i wasnt taking anyones word 4 it this time after the commercial. I called up my dad and instisted that we go to Gamestop that second! he reluctantly agreed and when there, i gave the poor counter guy ****. i feel sorry for him b/c he cleared up that it was out for DS- but not PS2. i found it 4 ds, decided not 2 buy it, and then pre-ordered a copy for PS2. Then i looked around for a little bit, and guess what i found!?!
a copy of TRA for 15 small dollars! i took it home and have been playing it ever since! YAY GAMESTOP!
elizard_9594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-08, 20:39   #2
2WheelPilot

That's what finally pulled me in to the TR universe. A $15 copy of TRA.
2WheelPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-08, 21:31   #3
Flyin11

Yeah..That's how I got mine as well Went to Gamestop this past Friday night and they also had a copy of AOD for $4.99 so I picked that up for my collection as well

They had a special going on...Buy 2 used games and get one free...So I thought it sounded like a cool deal and was going to pick up a copy of FF12 for $14.99 as well. Here's where they get you though...The game that is the cheapest is the one that is free. So they were telling me that the AOD game, would be free. I'd be paying $30 for the games instead of $20..So I told them, no deal as I wanted the AOD game. It might have worked out better if I didn't go for the AOD game and went for something around the same price but I thought $4.99 was a great deal as that's about what EBay was selling it for and I already had it in my hands and didn't have to wait for shipping.

I'm actually really enjoying it It's quite challenging to me and I'm loving the boss battles and all. It has great graphics for a PS2 game and I just like playing it like I did with Legend

Last edited by Flyin11; 01-12-08 at 21:32.
Flyin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 15:12   #4
dinahcat

I'm glad to hear you are all enjoying TRA! Keep letting us know where you are and what you like (and dislike!)
dinahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 17:33   #5
elizard_9594

just beat the stupid t-rexy thingie. that thing was a ***** to beat! Now in temple of Qalopec or however thats spelt.
LOVED T-REXY THINGIE ANYWAYS! LOVED IT IN FIRST GAME AND LOVE IT NOW! IS VERY FUN!!! AM STUCK NOW THO....
Old 02-12-08, 19:23   #6
dinahcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizard_9594 View Post
just beat the stupid t-rexy thingie. that thing was a ***** to beat! Now in temple of Qalopec or however thats spelt.
LOVED T-REXY THINGIE ANYWAYS! LOVED IT IN FIRST GAME AND LOVE IT NOW! IS VERY FUN!!! AM STUCK NOW THO....
Don't get frustrated...that's what we are here for! Post your problems and we'll talk you off the ceiling!

(wow...I know I'm a mom, but I REALLY SOUND like one, too! LOL!)
dinahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-08, 17:33   #7
elizard_9594

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahcat View Post
Don't get frustrated...that's what we are here for! Post your problems and we'll talk you off the ceiling!

(wow...I know I'm a mom, but I REALLY SOUND like one, too! LOL!)
no prob im only 14 and i play and sound and write like it 2! its only natural that u sound like a mom...... ANYWAYS IM NOT STUCK ANYMORE!!!!!
I BEATED IT LAST NIGHT!!!! NOT THE GAME, JUST NOW IM STUCK IN ST FRANCIS FOLLEY......
Old 04-12-08, 07:25   #8
Ward Dragon
Golden

^ Awesome St. Francis' Folly is one of the most complicated levels in the game. It takes quite awhile to figure out where to go, but it's a lot of fun and feels very rewarding once you complete it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin11 View Post
Here's where they get you though...The game that is the cheapest is the one that is free.
Yup, I usually find sets of three games which are similarly priced (for example, three $15 games and three $5 games -- that way I get a $15 game and a $5 game for free).

But anyway, enjoy AOD and TRA
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 17:39   #9
elizard_9594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
^ Awesome St. Francis' Folly is one of the most complicated levels in the game. It takes quite awhile to figure out where to go, but it's a lot of fun and feels very rewarding once you complete it
Yes i got to the colleseum last night...Cant beat those stupid gorrillas, any help here? how do u kill them? is it same as any other villan? or is it like
T-rexie with a hidden puzzle(the spike wheels)?
Old 05-12-08, 03:12   #10
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizard_9594 View Post
Yes i got to the colleseum last night...Cant beat those stupid gorrillas, any help here? how do u kill them? is it same as any other villan? or is it like
T-rexie with a hidden puzzle(the spike wheels)?
The gorillas are normal enemies. You have to shoot them until they are dead. Alternatively, if you manage to focus your fire on one gorilla at a time you can enrage it and perform the Adrenaline Dodge for a one-shot-kill
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote