Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 04-05-14, 13:51   #12641
Tombraider95

I have two keys (different slots) for two key holes to trigger a flyby/door opening. But I can't get it to work! It only triggers after 1 keyhole is done.

I tried the rolling ball technique of having a rolling ball triggered after each keyhole is done, and together they will heavy trigger the flyby with the code bits of 123 and 45. Yet it still only triggers after one is done.

I then replaced the keyhole with two switches, yet after one switch is pulled it still triggers early.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 14:10   #12642
dcw123

OMFG ... This is really getting on my nerves now.
Programs that DID work fine, now decide not to - and I haven't changed a thing.

Wadmerger fails to finish saving any WAD, giving me a Runtime 75 Path/File error.
Yet I bloody used it a few days ago no problems. NGLE is doing the same thing - sometimes it errors and crashes, yet today it hasn't done it once..

Its very random and doesn't happen everytime which is strange..
Wadmerger is a very simple program so dunno why this wouldn't work.

EDIT: Re-installed Wadmerger and re-installed Runtime 5 and 6 - still same error - WTH is going on.
Seems this might be a permissions error - but again, why would this randomly change when I haven't edited any settings..

EDIT 2: Turns out its the Revised WADS from Skribblerz that is causing this problem. Luckily I kept backups of the original WADS and then overwrote them instead.. working fine. Weird.

Last edited by dcw123; 04-05-14 at 14:40.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 23:20   #12643
JDash10

When I was eleven, I tried using TRLE to no avail. Now, I'm twenty and still having issues!

I tried again after all these years and I've been following this awesome tutorial (shame the pictures have gone!) http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=78913

I did everything up to the point where I save over the tut1.TOM file. After I build the level in tom2pc, the guide says your new level will replace the Playable Tutorial level. However, my game still loads up the default map. Any hints on where I'm going wrong? I've followed the above guide to the letter.
JDash10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 10:50   #12644
Titak

Welcome to this forum, JDash10!

Instead of using that tutorial (we'll have to see if we can replace the images since that member has been long gone ) you could also use the official manual.

Load the tut1 wad set in the editor and output as tut1.tom.
That's correct.
It should then indeed replace the current tut1.tr4.

Are all your files in the correct folders?
The wad files including the .tom file in the Graphics>Wads folder, prj and tga in a folder inside the Maps folder, etc?
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 16:45   #12645
Athukraz

Is it possible to get the wads and/or textures from a custom level? If it is, can someone tell me how do I do that please?
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 18:48   #12646
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Is it possible to get the wads and/or textures from a custom level? If it is, can someone tell me how do I do that please?
You'd be better trying to contact the builder of that particular level/s.

But most people wouldn't be very happy if you just rip then - especially if its custom objects/textures made by themselves..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 19:49   #12647
Dustie

WADMerger can open compiled TR files directly, that's how you can get objects from the level. As for textures, there's Jack! which does the same with textures in compiled levels.

If there's a level you want objects from you better ask for author's permission. There might (should) be information regarding the objects in a level's readme file, so maybe you can get objects and/or textures from their original sources by checking the credits list for the level.

Last edited by Dustie; 08-05-14 at 19:51.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 23:48   #12648
SrDanielPonces

I have a small question here.
Let's imagine that I'm making a level like Home sweet home.. So, how the hell should I do that the final enemie only appear when the others are killed, and that the final cutscene will only begin when the final enemie is killed, since Lara can be anywhere in the house???
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 23:53   #12649
Rouge
Inactive

is there a tutorial on how to create my own weapons?

Last edited by Rouge; 09-05-14 at 07:34.
Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 07:28   #12650
Athukraz

Thanks for answers. I'm not using them. My friend asked me if it's possible so I asked here cause I didn't know.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote