Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 28-02-18, 18:57   #1
Blackmoor

Default TRA Unused, Beta & Deleted

This is possibly old news to most of you but it's the first time I've seen it today.

I would have liked to have seen some of these deleted / unused bits in the game....
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-18, 19:18   #2
Caesum

Skimmed through it and that whole 'unused' content is just environment made for cutscenes. They weren't even meant to be playable.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-18, 21:24   #3
Boobandie

Yeah I think the only beta knowledge we have about TRA was her early model (Legend face texture, recoloured legend classic shirt texture), and the classic round sunglasses which were visible in an early trailer and I swear were in the PS2 collectors edition I rented from the local videoshop when I lived in Australia.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-18, 22:05   #4
Blackmoor

Yeah, now that I think about it, they are the cutscene bits.

Still, wouldn't it have been nice if Crystal had made these cutscene areas - not as cutscenes to watch, but playable extra areas. Given us a more enhanced re-imagining.

The one that most appeals is climbing up to and around the monastry. Oh and that pyramid with the 4 heads.... looks like it's in South or Central America. And maybe exploring Natla's office, although I don't like the style of the one they've done.
Old 01-03-18, 06:26   #5
Caesum

^ Definitely mesoamerican. You can clearly see olmec heads on the monolithic statues. Besides I don't remember Incas to have this kind of pyramids. Terraces yes, but not pyramids.

Last edited by Caesum; 01-03-18 at 06:28.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 08:49   #6
Blackmoor

Yes, they look like mesoamerican, but where is this meant to take place in TRA though? I mean we go to: Peru, Greece, Egyp, Atlantis. Unless Atlantis is meant to take place in Central America.

It looks nice though wherever it is... I want to go there!
Old 01-03-18, 09:05   #7
JoelCaesar

Where actually is the Lost Island in the world?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 09:15   #8
Blackmoor

I don't know. But it looks a hot place by the vegetation you see on the island (when Lara is in the boat) so maybe it is meant to be central american....

Of course, the actual mystery of where Atlantis is meant to be varies from the Med, to middle of the Atlantic, to under the Antarctic ice, and loads of other places too.
Old 02-03-18, 00:46   #9
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I don't know. But it looks a hot place by the vegetation you see on the island (when Lara is in the boat) so maybe it is meant to be central american....

Of course, the actual mystery of where Atlantis is meant to be varies from the Med, to middle of the Atlantic, to under the Antarctic ice, and loads of other places too.
Well if you think about it logically Lara goes to sleep on the boat (And it is the next day?) Also it was Egypt so maybe the Mediterranean somewhere? However, I can't really imagine an island in the middle of the Mediterranean not being discovered. Although no one had found Niflheim
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 10:37   #10
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Well if you think about it logically Lara goes to sleep on the boat (And it is the next day?) Also it was Egypt so maybe the Mediterranean somewhere? However, I can't really imagine an island in the middle of the Mediterranean not being discovered. Although no one had found Niflheim
She goes to sleep in TR1. We don't know what happens in TRA other than the fact that at least a few hours pass.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote