Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 20-12-17, 20:36   #18731
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Is it just me, or is every man called "Tristan" gay? It's such a gay name haha
I worked with a Tristan once! She was really nice. I liked her.
I’ve never met a male Tristan haha
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-17, 22:08   #18732
robm_2007

Damien's are always gay or the devil.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-17, 00:35   #18733
Quebsenuef

Just found out a guy whom a friend of a friend was dating has passed away. I don’t know the details but I met him briefly. Loss of life at any time is sad but it’s especially sad during the holidays. I wonder what happened that led to his passing. He’s only a few years older than I and that’s too young to go.

Edit: I did some sleuthing and found out he was hit by a car and in ICU.
As someone who was also hit by a car this really makes my heart hurt as it sinks. I was incredibly lucky to have been unscathed when I was hit. I wish everyone was/would be as fortunate as I was that day. So sad.

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 21-12-17 at 00:40.
Old 21-12-17, 09:57   #18734
strawberry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Just found out a guy whom a friend of a friend was dating has passed away. I don’t know the details but I met him briefly. Loss of life at any time is sad but it’s especially sad during the holidays. I wonder what happened that led to his passing. He’s only a few years older than I and that’s too young to go.

Edit: I did some sleuthing and found out he was hit by a car and in ICU.
As someone who was also hit by a car this really makes my heart hurt as it sinks. I was incredibly lucky to have been unscathed when I was hit. I wish everyone was/would be as fortunate as I was that day. So sad.
I’m sorry for the loss car accidents are horrible. Just the other week my uncle had a really traumatic experience where a woman literally walked in front of his car as he was driving and he hit her. She’s dead now. My whole family are horrified and don’t know what’s going to happen to our uncle now, he could face a culpable homocide charge. But even worse for the family of that woman who lost her life so close to Christmas, it’s really dreadful
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-17, 12:17   #18735
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry22 View Post
I’m sorry for the loss car accidents are horrible. Just the other week my uncle had a really traumatic experience where a woman literally walked in front of his car as he was driving and he hit her. She’s dead now. My whole family are horrified and don’t know what’s going to happen to our uncle now, he could face a culpable homocide charge. But even worse for the family of that woman who lost her life so close to Christmas, it’s really dreadful
If it was an accident I don’t think it would be a homicide and it’d actually be manslaughter. Maybe they do it differently in the UK where you are. That’s awful to hear about. I wish the best to your uncle, your family, the woman’s family, and the woman who unfortunately died.

The guy who passed away that I was talking about was crossing the street and was hit by a drunk driver. His arm and leg were broken and suffered an internal head injury. The driver fled the scene but thankfully later turned himself into police. He’ll definitely get in more trouble now that he died.

He and the girl he was dating were in a relationship for at least five years now. She has to be hysterically upset right now. I can’t wven imagine what she’s going through. There’s a massive outpouring of love for him on Facebook that I’ve seen and he worked as a bartender at a very well known bar/club downtown. That’s how I met him and he seemed like a nice guy. Made some great drinks and everyone seemed to love him. Now it’s even more apparent he was a joy to many people.

Don’t drink and drive, people!! Call an Uber. Get a taxi. Get a friend. A parent. A family member. Anyone else to take you where you need to go. Drinking and driving kill. Not all the time, but it does.
Old 21-12-17, 18:33   #18736
strawberry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
If it was an accident I don’t think it would be a homicide and it’d actually be manslaughter. Maybe they do it differently in the UK where you are. That’s awful to hear about. I wish the best to your uncle, your family, the woman’s family, and the woman who unfortunately died.
My uncle lives in Zimbabwe which is where it happened, and I know that heir laws do work slightly differently. When my mum told me I was the same, I was like “wouldn’t that count as manslaughter?” (Since it probably would here in the UK). But nah, he’s being done for culpable homocide, regardless of the fact it was a complete accident it’s really awful. My uncle has met the family of the woman, I’m not sure how that went, but he feels awful and is absolutely mortified. He’s also going through a divorce which just makes it even worse. It’s a real shame
Old 21-12-17, 21:43   #18737
Yeauxleaux

Wow these stories are horrible, I'm sorry to hear

Tbh the way you word it, the situation with your uncle sounds almost like the woman committed suicide. If that was the case, there should be no charge against him whatsoever, but that's not an easy thing to prove I guess.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-17, 00:30   #18738
strawberry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Wow these stories are horrible, I'm sorry to hear

Tbh the way you word it, the situation with your uncle sounds almost like the woman committed suicide. If that was the case, there should be no charge against him whatsoever, but that's not an easy thing to prove I guess.
I’ve not heard much but as far as I know it wasn’t a suicide. You’d be surprised though, even if it was, the laws are incredibly tight in Zim so you might actually still get a pretty bad charge.
Old 22-12-17, 04:54   #18739
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry22 View Post
My uncle lives in Zimbabwe which is where it happened, and I know that heir laws do work slightly differently. When my mum told me I was the same, I was like “wouldn’t that count as manslaughter?” (Since it probably would here in the UK). But nah, he’s being done for culpable homocide, regardless of the fact it was a complete accident it’s really awful. My uncle has met the family of the woman, I’m not sure how that went, but he feels awful and is absolutely mortified. He’s also going through a divorce which just makes it even worse. It’s a real shame
That’s awful for all involved.
I hope the best for everyone in that horrible situation.
Old 22-12-17, 06:02   #18740
bagas

I'm so tired of my sister's bull****. She's a ****ing spoiled brat. She wants to be treated good yet she treats everyone else like garbage. Gosh she's so hypocritical it hurts my brain. She said that I wasted my dad's money because I dropped out of college in the first semester because I feel like I picked up a course that I'm not passionate about and she's basically cutting me from her life (we've never spoken since like 3 weeks ago hahaha) Yet she ****ing got kicked out of college because of her many misconduct and has been unemployed ever since and I've never ever said anything hurtful to her. Also, I am ****ing irritated because she acts like an infant whenever she wants something. She would throw a temper tantrum whenever she wanted something like a new iPhone or Macbook and other expensive ****s and my parents always bought them for her somehow. And yet, whenever I wanted something new, somehow my parents would just ask me to wait or I've got to prove myself to them first before they would buy me anything. I remember having to graduate on top of my class in order for my parents to buy me a PC when I'm in sixth grade. I remember being given my sister's old phone because she keeps whining that she wanted a new phone. She's failing her math class and yet my parents bought her a new phone. I remember her crying and be all pissy because she wanted a new camera while I've to be in the top 10 rank just for my parents to buy me a phone and the list go on.

Jealousy? Yes I am ****ing jealous because it's not fair. Mad? Yes I am also mad because she's getting all the nice things yet she treated everyone like garbage. If she had treated everyone better, maybe I would not be all pissy about her. What an ungrateful bitch. Guess what sis? I'm cutting you out of my life too. Good thing is I'm gonna enroll to a new college out of town in the coming months, hopefully I could be away from her for good. Don't need that kind of toxic person in my life.
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote