Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 09-01-18, 07:40   #18811
bagas

Shook.
I was at my grandma's house with my aunt and mom. Suddenly everyone turned all preachy in front of me.
They say things like "Don't you ever partake in debating organization or study groups that are philosophical in nature, it will turn you atheist blablablabla..."
"You're too smart for your own good, the moment you start using too much logic, you will stop believing in God"

They disgust me so damn much. They're acting as if those atheist are trying to ruin life here while in reality after I joined a free-speech group that the majority of members are atheistic, I can see that they're just trying to live their life without persecution. I live in a Muslim majority country and yep there's a lot of bigotry here, I know that not all Moslems are bad, my mother for one isn't the one that I would call a bigot, for example. It's just a well-known fact that the politicians here are using religion as a way to attract voters. They sometimes bring up controversial subjects as a red herring (such as LGBT, atheism, feminism, and other things that are considered "degradation of morals because of the western civilization") to distract the uneducated masses from the real and unresolved problem here, such as the freaking high corruption rates. So with those topics being vilified and presented as a threat to our national security in the majority of bigoted media. People are bound to believe that all the aforementioned things are just bad, immoral, and vile.

Living as an atheist or a member of the LGBT community could be a very big problem here since people are just uneducated in general. Little did they know that I already lost my faith after trying to kill myself because I realized that I'm gay when I'm in high school. They're in for a surprise knowing that I am not a believer in religion and that I'm also gay hahaha. I would probably get disowned if I'm not careful. I'm so ****ed, can't wait to get out of this country. Sorry for the sad post, but this is a reality for me.
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 14:29   #18812
Blue_light

^Sorry to hear that, bagas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lararoxs View Post
Super excited. I've spent all day filling in an application form to become a police constable. I'm posting it tomorrow and it begins the wait to see if I'm selected before various assessments and fitness tests!
It makes me happy to hear it. Good luck.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 18:13   #18813
lararoxs
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Ooh, sounds exciting! Hope it works out for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post

It makes me happy to hear it. Good luck.
Thanks both! My degrees are both policing related and unfortunately there's no direct entry to inspector so I'm going to have to do it the hard way and work my time 'on the beat' as an officer. It's exciting and nothing like I've ever encountered before, just praying that they don't want me to attend anything whilst I'm out of the country in March! But I'll no doubt keep you all updated!
lararoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 18:50   #18814
Mickybyrne20

I feel so sluggish when I try and concentrate on a video game, like everything is confusing to me and I'm somehow incompetent. Probs just my depression but video games are really starting to bore me.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 09-01-18 at 18:51.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 14:59   #18815
biscuits

Not good. Unmotivated.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 17:05   #18816
strawberry22

I’m happy to be home but stressed out to the max right now
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 17:08   #18817
Hyper_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry22 View Post
I’m happy to be home but stressed out to the max right now
Same with the stressing. Had 2 days off work because I have the flu and my mind automatically jumps to "**** I'm gonna get fired".

Why must my mind make up these stupid scenarios which I know won't happen but still get me down... sigh.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 18:13   #18818
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Why must my mind make up these stupid scenarios which I know won't happen but still get me down... sigh.
I have this same issue/problem too. It sucks.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 18:30   #18819
Hyper_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I have this same issue/problem too. It sucks.
It's horrible isn't it?
I worry about literally everything! If I keep busy it's fine, but since I'm bedridden I can't really think about much else. South Park and Friends are getting me through though.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 19:45   #18820
Mickybyrne20

https://imgur.com/YK2SNvw

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 10-01-18 at 21:40.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote