Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 10-01-18, 19:45   #18821
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Same with the stressing. Had 2 days off work because I have the flu and my mind automatically jumps to "**** I'm gonna get fired".

Why must my mind make up these stupid scenarios which I know won't happen but still get me down... sigh.
I do the same. If I mess up, which we’re all human so it’s understandable, and my boss tells me about it I’m immediately thinking “Yup. She’s gonna fire me. I’m getting the boot. I’m getting fired tomorrow bc I forgot to lock that door. I’ll lose all my benefits, health insurance, dental, my own parking space... I’ll be living out on the street soon in a refrigerator box.”

But it never happens THANK GOD. *knock on wood* *is literally thinking he’s gonna get fired as soon as I walk in the door* *internal struggle*

Dear TRF Diary,

It’s been three days since I joined Tinder. People watching is incredibly fun and addicting. I’m slowly losing hope I’ll find anyone on here. I’ve been single for so long that it doesn’t even phase me anymore so maybe I should just stick with that. On the flip side it’s only been three days... talk about disappointment due to lack of instant gratification. I shall soldier on! If anything I love sharing the horrendously bad profiles. “I’m really great at drinking until I start crying. I’ll probably like your dog more than I like you. I love designer heels. Message me : )

I’m swiping you to the left so fast you’re in Japan.

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 10-01-18 at 19:58.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 21:22   #18822
bagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
^Sorry to hear that, bagas.
Thanks, I needed that yesterday. I've seen your reply yesterday but I've been busy so I have just replied now.

Feeling quite tired right now.
Yesterday/Today I've been productive. Yesterday I've been playing this role-playing game via chat with two of my best pals. Honestly I've never expected role-play to be THAT fun Today, I've been studying from midnight to 3AM. Right now it's 4:15 and I'm in the need for a warm glass of milk and a good night's (early morning) rest.
bagas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 00:24   #18823
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
Slay kweeeeen

Btw I got your message on PSN, I've just gone into hibernation to play Assassin's Creed Origins. Thought I should let you know haha

@Quebsenuef - relatable. My struggle is that I rarely find boys from my city attractive. I think it's because I'm kind of a swirler, and my city lacks diversity on the gay scene haha

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 11-01-18 at 00:27.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 08:58   #18824
Hyper_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I do the same. If I mess up, which we’re all human so it’s understandable, and my boss tells me about it I’m immediately thinking “Yup. She’s gonna fire me. I’m getting the boot. I’m getting fired tomorrow bc I forgot to lock that door. I’ll lose all my benefits, health insurance, dental, my own parking space... I’ll be living out on the street soon in a refrigerator box.”

But it never happens THANK GOD. *knock on wood* *is literally thinking he’s gonna get fired as soon as I walk in the door* *internal struggle*

Dear TRF Diary,

It’s been three days since I joined Tinder. People watching is incredibly fun and addicting. I’m slowly losing hope I’ll find anyone on here. I’ve been single for so long that it doesn’t even phase me anymore so maybe I should just stick with that. On the flip side it’s only been three days... talk about disappointment due to lack of instant gratification. I shall soldier on! If anything I love sharing the horrendously bad profiles. “I’m really great at drinking until I start crying. I’ll probably like your dog more than I like you. I love designer heels. Message me : )

I’m swiping you to the left so fast you’re in Japan.
My work is incredibly anal about any time off, they wouldn't even let me have the day off for Dad's funeral a few months ago. I actually had to quit for them to give me time off. I've spent the past 2 days stressing over this and it's not helping my recovery at all, today though I'm going to not think about it (hopefully).

Tinder was the best app for finding dates once upon a time (for gays anyway), but it's gone to crap. It's either people looking for sex or people looking for the confidence boost, like they're only on it so they can a match (yay I'm pretty) and then never speak to you. Can't speak for the straight side of Tinder though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post

@Quebsenuef - relatable. My struggle is that I rarely find boys from my city attractive. I think it's because I'm kind of a swirler, and my city lacks diversity on the gay scene haha
I've definitely had some good experiences in Birmingham with attractive men...
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 14:38   #18825
SrDanielPonces

Quote:

Imagine that from someone who lives on an island lol
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 17:18   #18826
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Slay kweeeeen

Btw I got your message on PSN, I've just gone into hibernation to play Assassin's Creed Origins. Thought I should let you know haha

I’m in this boat. Almost no girls I’m finding are attractive or have something to offer to me that other profiles don’t. “I like football and hunting and beer and country music and Jesus and” and I’m not into most of that Hahahaha. That’s what I get for trying Tinder in the Midwest. I live in a pretty big city of half a million people but it’s hard not finding ‘country girls’ or ‘bar/club girls’.

Quote:
My work is incredibly anal about any time off, they wouldn't even let me have the day off for Dad's funeral a few months ago. I actually had to quit for them to give me time off. I've spent the past 2 days stressing over this and it's not helping my recovery at all, today though I'm going to not think about it (hopefully).

Tinder was the best app for finding dates once upon a time (for gays anyway), but it's gone to crap. It's either people looking for sex or people looking for the confidence boost, like they're only on it so they can a match (yay I'm pretty) and then never speak to you. Can't speak for the straight side of Tinder though.
That’s crazy they wouldn’t give you time off for a funeral! My last job wouldn’t give me time off for a dental surgery and I had to ask my dentist to write me a note. She couldn’t believe that she had to do that but it worked out in the end. That job was mainly about scaring you into thinking you’d get fired but they never would fire anyone. A group of guys would show up always two or three hours late every shift they were scheduled. Nothing ever happened to them. They actually did get fired but rehired again so the company didn’t have to pay unemployment or something stupid like that.

I’ve come across a lot of profiles that do say “If you’re looking for fWb or a hook up, swipe left” so I guess there’s people who aren’t looking for just casual partners. Most of the time the girls don’t even have a bio at all. Just pictures. :eyeroll: That’s probably those self confidence booster girls who just want matches and nothing more.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 22:45   #18827
strawberry22

I felt a spark of productivity today when I sent away for a new passport over a year earlier than I needed to (mostly bc I want to get another burgundy coloured one whilst I can )
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-18, 23:42   #18828
charmedangelin

Tired and bored, only a week and a half left before I can finally get a new PC. The waiting hasn't been too harsh since I've been able to play and catch up on finishing the games I have for Switch, but I really miss my computer.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 09:58   #18829
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
I've definitely had some good experiences in Birmingham with attractive men...
It's just me, I'm fussy. I'm half Maltese and want some kind of Mediterranean or Latin boyfriend I can relate to, and there's just none here.

Call me shallow but eh, I know it.

@Strawberry22 - Aren't they going to be some disgusting cheap ass school uniform blue when they change? I hate that tacky blue colour.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 12-01-18 at 10:03.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 17:31   #18830
Hyper_Crazy

Quote:
It's just me, I'm fussy. I'm half Maltese and want some kind of Mediterranean or Latin boyfriend I can relate to, and there's just none here.

Call me shallow but eh, I know it.
Wouldn't exactly call it shallow, you just have a preference and you're picky, but there's nothing wrong with that.
But I will say this: some of us white boys are lovely, maybe you should give us a chance sometime
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote