Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 24-04-15, 12:29   #11
Lara_Fan1

50 shades has much more to the movie/books.

But if you read/watched the film, you'd know that.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 12:31   #12
Mr GaGa

^ Sorry the premise of bondage and fornication doesn't interest me like it does the rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
How can you compare a sex movie to a racist comedy? Who did 50 Shades offend? The asexuals?
Not comparing them, just making a point that this movie may still do well even though it is racist considering People spend money to see anything these days. It is no secret that humans enjoy some of the dumbest things ever, a video of a cat on youtube clawing at a curtain can get over a million views for instance

Last edited by Mr GaGa; 24-04-15 at 12:33.
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 12:33   #13
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr GaGa View Post
Not comparing them, just making a point that this movie may still do well even though it is racist considering People spend money to see anything these days. It is no secret that humans enjoy some of the dumbest things ever, a video of a cat on youtube clawing at a curtain can get over a million views for instance
But cat videos are cute :I

Well it's true, but stupid comedy (I watch stupid comedies aswell) once a while is good for you, gets you out of the "seriousness". But I only like about 3 Adam Sandler movies anyway and this doesn't sound interesting at all.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 12:45   #14
interstellardave

I'm all for them walking off the set. It's their Right to do so and it's certainly appropriate given the situation. But I certainly hope this doesn't become a thing where people show up just to protest him on the set, or send death threats (seriously, does anyone who does that not realize they are worse for doing so than the person they are threatening?).

Now I don't care for Adam Sandler at all. In fact I can't say what the last movie was that I saw him in. But let's just let the general public decide what they think of him and the movie by voting with their wallets. If people go to see it, hey, it's their money. He won't get mine!

EDIT: And, YES, cat videos are cute!
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 12:50   #15
Quebsenuef

It's not common knowledge that Adam Sandler movies stopped being funny almost 20 years ago?

Regardless this isn't the first time I've heard how Native American names used as comic relief. This was way worse than I've heard before though.

And cat videos are awesome!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 13:45   #16
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiEspadachin View Post
Were Adam Sandler movies always this uncomfortable or was it only recently? I actually liked films like Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison and Big Daddy. But this...ugh. I can't speak for who it offends, but judging from the article the film doesn't sound that great to begin with.
How about Anger Management, that's a great movie although i do hate it for that i feel pretty song especially when it's stuck on a loop in my head, i like the song it's only when it's on a loop that it becomes annoying.

My 2 fave Adam Sandler movies, Happy Gilmore and Anger Management.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 13:54   #17
knightgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
It's not common knowledge that Adam Sandler movies stopped being funny almost 20 years ago?

Regardless this isn't the first time I've heard how Native American names used as comic relief. This was way worse than I've heard before though.

And cat videos are awesome!

I find Adam Sandler movies about as funny as an infected hangnail on my big toe. Include David Spade and Chris Farley movies too.
knightgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 16:01   #18
LuigiEspadachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
How about Anger Management, that's a great movie although i do hate it for that i feel pretty song especially when it's stuck on a loop in my head, i like the song it's only when it's on a loop that it becomes annoying.

My 2 fave Adam Sandler movies, Happy Gilmore and Anger Management.
Ooh, and 50 First Dates. Can't forget that one..although that wasn't really a comedy as such.
LuigiEspadachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 18:56   #19
SpotEnemyBoats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
How can you compare a sex movie to a racist comedy? Who did 50 Shades offend? The asexuals?
This might be innacurate becuase I'm not proficient in terrible fanfiction tier books, but everyone says the books are kind of like a rape fantasy and I'm not kidding. That might offend some people I guess. There was even a few court cases because some people took the books very seriously and try to re-in act their spouse or significant other from parts of the books:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...ea-of-law.html

Last edited by SpotEnemyBoats; 24-04-15 at 19:56.
SpotEnemyBoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-15, 19:52   #20
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotEnemyBoats View Post
This might be innacurate becuase I'm not proficient in terrible fanfiction tier books, but everyone says the books are kind of like a rape fantasy and I'm not kidding. That might offend some people I guess. There was even a few court cases because some people took the books very seriously and try to re-in act their spouce or significant other from parts of the books:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...ea-of-law.html
Oh, I didn't know that. I am not interested in 50 Shades but I haven't gotten offended. I mean that I have seen parts of the book online and seen trailers and scenes of the movie but nothing too bad imo.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote