Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 17-07-07, 19:17   #1
Doby

Question What exactly is the storyline?

I am thinking about getting this game. Can someone explain to me the storyline? I am a bit confused...
Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 19:25   #2
Angel_14

Shortly:

Lara had a plane crash in the Himalayas. Lara's mom disappeared in a portal when they tried to survive the cold. Her father went to search for her and died. Years later she went to a school trip with her classmates. Fluffy, the monster killed them all, except her and Amanda, who had a rock falling on her. Lara tried to save her, but it was too late. Years later again she hires two assheads to talk talk and talk into her headset, while she tries to bring back her mommy with Arthur's sword. Amanda didn't die, in fact, she wants to go to Avalon. Lara tries to make friendship with her but fails and at the end when she finally talked to her mommy through the portal, Amanda saved her and her mother's life. Lara got angry and yelled at her for no apparent reason.
Stay tuned for the next episode of 'Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend; Tears and bullets' when Lara tries to bring back her mommy again.
Angel_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 19:29   #3
CAISACO

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doby View Post
I am thinking about getting this game. Can someone explain to me the storyline? I am a bit confused...
Just get it. play it, and enjoy
It's a very good game, with lot's of action, and sarcasm
Great dialogue as well.
I can't tell you how many times I replayed it, simply from the joy.
It is 100% better than Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Legend is not all abnout ledge hopping, like TRA.
Oh yes, like Angel_14 said, theirs going to be a continue of Legend next year, TR8!!!
You can definitely tell that it will be continued. Just listen at the end of the game

Last edited by CAISACO; 17-07-07 at 19:31.
CAISACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 19:33   #4
Angel_14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAISACO View Post
Just get it. play it, and enjoy
It's a very good game, with lot's of action, and sarcasm
Great dialogue as well.
I can't tell you how many times I replayed it, simply from the joy.
It is 100% better than Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Legend is not all abnout ledge hopping, like TRA.
- To enjoy a game, you have to know the storyline, unless you have no clue what are you exactly doing
- Oh, yes, there are a lot of action too. Almost too much. And some stupid jokes too
- It's short, easy and full of shiny things. Indeed more enjoyable XD

Sounds like I hate the game, but no, I don't. I actually like it, but it's worse than Anniversary.
Angel_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 19:34   #5
frodrigues

I think the first reply you got tells more than just a storyline, but the whole game and.. ehrm, twists it might have. Beware...
frodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 19:44   #6
Ward Dragon
Golden

The brief synopsis which doesn't contain spoilers (in case you didn't already read Angel_14's post):

Lara was involved in a horrible plane crash with her mother when they were young. Young Lara accidentally activated a strange dais and her mother disappeared before her eyes and was presumed dead. Lara somehow managed to survive and grew up to be an archaeologist like her father, who is now also missing and presumed dead. She is exploring some ancient ruins in Bolivia when she runs afoul of an army of mercenaries. Upon further investigation, she finds something that reminds her of a friend that she lost in an accident while they were graduate students excavating a site in Peru. So now she has clues that her old friend, and perhaps even her mother, may be alive and she's in a race all over the world to find pieces of the ancient artifact that holds the answer to her questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_14 View Post
Shortly:
Awesome

Last edited by Ward Dragon; 17-07-07 at 19:46.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 21:41   #7
Doby

Awesome! I am so getting this game! How the hell did Amanda survive?
Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 21:55   #8
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doby View Post
Awesome! I am so getting this game! How the hell did Amanda survive?
I take it you don't care about spoilers Amanda found an amulet stuck to the wall and when she pulled it out, the monster disappeared. Then rocks fell onto her shoe, trapping her as the cave filled up with water. Lara couldn't save her and left when there was no more air in the cave. Then it turns out that the amulet summoned the monster to save Amanda and now she is its master
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 22:22   #9
sdp93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_14 View Post
Amanda saved her and her mother's life. Lara got angry and yelled at her for no apparent reason.
I never realized that.
sdp93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 22:50   #10
Dakaruch

it has a very nice story... it's a good game although... but i feel the lack of great puzzles...
play it!!!
Dakaruch is offline   Reply With Quote