Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 03-05-12, 19:20   #431
Ilidan

Hi

Do you know how to draw models and Scenery from the Dragon Age, Dragon Age II ? How to convert for in to run them in XNALara?

Yours
Ilidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 05:34   #432
Blue Knight

I'm having an issue with some models that I've downloaded.

Whenever I try to open the models in XNALara I get this message...

"Loading model "data\ModelName\generic_item.mesh" failed.
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

at System.IO._Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString()
at XNALara.ModelLoader.LoadArmature(BinaryReaderfile, Model model)
at XNALara.ModelLoader.LoadModel(String filename)"

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Blue Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:28   #433
TheBlackPigeon

Default Textures

Hey, folks. I've got a couple of questions about textures.

1. Regarding this seam here. What exactly is this, and how can I go about fixing it? Could this, perhaps, be the dreaded 'double face'?

2. When I import the weapons into Blender, I noticed they don't import with the textures applied. Setting the viewport to "Textured Mode" shows the model as entirely white. I've been reading some tutorials on textures, and I think I understand that you have to actually load in the texture and 'assign' it to the mesh. However, the textures are still not showing up on the model. I know I'm missing something, but I just don't know what. What is the proper procedure for applying textures to the mesh?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And my apologies if I'm not explaining things properly. Thanks!
TheBlackPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:36   #434
rexil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPigeon View Post

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/MinookaThrilla/wip%20pics/wip11.jpg[/IMG

1. Regarding this seam here. What exactly is this, and how can I go about fixing it? Could this, perhaps, be the dreaded 'double face'?

2. When I import the weapons into Blender, I noticed they don't import with the textures applied. Setting the viewport to "Textured Mode" shows the model as entirely white. I've been reading some tutorials on textures, and I think I understand that you have to actually load in the texture and 'assign' it to the mesh. However, the textures are still not showing up on the model. I know I'm missing something, but I just don't know what. What is the proper procedure for applying textures to the mesh?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And my apologies if I'm not explaining things properly. Thanks!
Those are duplicated vertices, not faces (duplicated faces does something a little different) removing doubles
Edit mode set the value like the picture and hit remove doubles

will solve half of the problem ^^, īt looks like half of her face has flipped normals. Remove the doubles first then press ctrl+N to calculate the normals outside.
As for the textures not showing, sometimes you have to apply them into the UV view too, then they will show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Knight View Post
I'm having an issue with some models that I've downloaded.

Whenever I try to open the models in XNALara I get this message...

"Loading model "data\ModelName\generic_item.mesh" failed.
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

at System.IO._Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString()
at XNALara.ModelLoader.LoadArmature(BinaryReaderfile, Model model)
at XNALara.ModelLoader.LoadModel(String filename)"

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
I think you are trying to open one of my old conversion on XPS?
I so, use XNALara, XPS has a stupid really easy to circumvent block for my and some other users old conversions (because it's cool to punish your users )

Last edited by rexil; 04-05-12 at 14:41.
rexil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:38   #435
TRDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackPigeon View Post

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/MinookaThrilla/wip%20pics/wip11.jpg[/IM]

1. This would mean you need to remove doubles, but with a limit of 0. You wil probably find some tutorials online but its pretty simple. Click the mesh, change to Edit Mode, change the buttons window to the one with the box (the main one that appears when you open Blender) and change the limit to 0.00 and next to it, it says remove doubles. Click that and its done ;D But dont do this on all of the meshes, some meshes remove vertices, which happened with Xiba until L2R edited it for me

2. Did you load the texture fully on the model with Map to > UV aswell? Well thats fine, even if it doesnt load the model has the texture applied. To load the texture in Blender you need to go to UV mode and add it there to make it load up in Blender. But if you have textured it correctly it will be applied in the mesh.ascii when you export

EDIT: Awww... rexil got to it before me
TRDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:42   #436
rexil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDaz View Post
1. This would mean you need to remove doubles, but with a limit of 0. You wil probably find some tutorials online but its pretty simple. Click the mesh, change to Edit Mode, change the buttons window to the one with the box (the main one that appears when you open Blender) and change the limit to 0.00 and next to it, it says remove doubles. Click that and its done ;D But dont do this on all of the meshes, some meshes remove vertices, which happened with Xiba until L2R edited it for me

2. Did you load the texture fully on the model with Map to > UV aswell? Well thats fine, even if it doesnt load the model has the texture applied. To load the texture in Blender you need to go to UV mode and add it there to make it load up in Blender. But if you have textured it correctly it will be applied in the mesh.ascii when you export

EDIT: Awww... rexil got to it before me
Ha!
x'D
rexil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:46   #437
TheBlackPigeon

Awesome. Thanks, guys.

As for the UV stuff, I'll just have to play around with it some more in Blender. I'll figure it out, eventually!
TheBlackPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:47   #438
Love2Raid

Yeah, about the weapons. Noesis doesn't export the .mtl file for some reason, that's why there aren't any textures on the model. That's no problem, since there aren't that many to assign. You need to load them in the image editor window (just the diffuse) if you want to see them in Blender. The UV also needs to be flipped (forgot X or Y axis ). Just try and you'll see when it looks okay.

Last edited by Love2Raid; 04-05-12 at 14:48.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 14:54   #439
TRDaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
Yeah, about the weapons. Noesis doesn't export the .mtl file for some reason, that's why there aren't any textures on the model. That's no problem, since there aren't that many to assign. You need to load them in the image editor window (just the diffuse) if you want to see them in Blender. The UV also needs to be flipped (forgot X or Y axis ). Just try and you'll see when it looks okay.
I didnt export as obj lol xD I exported as psk and imported that
TRDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 15:01   #440
Love2Raid

That only works if the model is just one piece. ^_^

Pyrrha's sword and shield will be merged in the .psk file. Sharp edges gone, so you need to split parts to get them back. Yuck, better use .obj.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote