Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 18-06-17, 17:20   #11
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I'm not worried in the slightest and I wouldn't be surprised if it happend given how long the strike seems to have been going on for in one way or another and Camilla's preganacy also. Plus, Shelley Blond only did one game and Judith Gibbons only did two games so to me an amount of games completed doesn't really mean anything.

Personally I've never really liked Camilla as Lara. I don't like her potrayal of the character, her accent no her delivery of many of her lines. I'd be glad to see her go if someone else could better fill the gap.

In a series as long running as TR with as many VAs as Lara has had the thought of losing a VA doesn't phase me in the slightest.
It may not bother you, but recasting a character is one of my biggest pet peeves in all media. It ruins the continuity of a series by constantly having a new actor. Resident Evil, for example, is terrible with it.

Honestly, I'd prefer Camilla to atleast finish a trilogy before being replaced.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:23   #12
Blackmoor

Hmmm, it's not going to feel right without Camilla at the point we're at with the franchise.

Although I'm not a mega-fan, they can't just suddenly change Lara.

Finish the trilogy first.

Last edited by Blackmoor; 18-06-17 at 17:41. Reason: Anohter typo......can't seem to post without them these days
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:24   #13
Niveus

Camilla can be replaced. I've never cared for her acting skills. We need a more mature sounding Lara in my opinion, especially for the finale.

Dumbledore was replaced half way through Harry Potter. So too can Lara.

Last edited by Niveus; 18-06-17 at 17:27.
Niveus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:26   #14
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus View Post
Camilla can be replaced. I've never cared for her acting skills. We need a more mature sounding Lara in my opinion, especially for the finale.

Dumbledore was replaced half way through Harry Potter. So too can Lara.
And that used to really annoy me, especially when seeing HP3 in theatres

Although thats a different situation though, with the original actor dying :/.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:27   #15
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
It may not bother you, but recasting a character is one of my biggest pet peeves in all media. It ruins the continuity of a series by constantly having a new actor. Resident Evil, for example, is terrible with it.

Honestly, I'd prefer Camilla to atleast finish a trilogy before being replaced.
And why is my opinion any less valid or important than yours? Which is what the general tone of your post implies. Sorry you don't agree but there's no need to be so condescending in your reply.

The question was, was I worried. So I answered that. Not do I think others will care about this - of course they will.

Edit: Also, the argument for not changing Lara's VA would hold more weight if Camilla weren't already her 5th voice actor. Other VA changes do irritate me more; such as getting rid of David Hayter from Metal Gear Solid who had ALWAYS voiced snake when he was the main character. There's never been anyone else. To me changing Lara's VA again is akin to changing a companion on Doctor who; it may not be what you want sometimes but you can expect it to happen.

Last edited by jajay119; 18-06-17 at 17:30.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:28   #16
michaeldt

Quote:
And why is my opinion any less valid or important than yours? Which is what the general tone of your post implies.
I don't see that in his post? I don't think he was being condescending, I just see a reply?
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:29   #17
wearemany

Quote:
I'm not worried in the slightest and I wouldn't be surprised if it happend given how long the strike seems to have been going on for in one way or another and Camilla's preganacy also. Plus, Shelley Blond only did one game and Judith Gibbons only did two games so to me an amount of games completed doesn't really mean anything.

Personally I've never really liked Camilla as Lara. I don't like her potrayal of the character, her accent no her delivery of many of her lines. I'd be glad to see her go if someone else could better fill the gap.

In a series as long running as TR with as many VAs as Lara has had the thought of losing a VA doesn't phase me in the slightest.
That's different though. Shelley, Judith and all the others only voiced Lara. Not only did Camilla lend her voice, she's also done the motion capture and everything. Also note that, due to MOVA and all that technology involved to bring Lara to life, Lara looks strikingly similar to Camilla.

From my point of view, Camilla IS Reboot Lara because she completely embodied the character. Seeing her go would be very disappointing to me.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:34   #18
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearemany View Post
Also note that, due to MOVA and all that technology involved to bring Lara to life, Lara looks strikingly similar to Camilla.

From my point of view, Camilla IS Reboot Lara because she completely embodied the character. Seeing her go would be very disappointing to me.
You say that as if it's a good thing for everyone Personally, I think Lara looks entirely too much like Camilla in RISE and has once again been inconsistent with models that came before. Another reason as to why I don't mind her going. Furthermore, similar to what I said about Camilla being Lara's fifth voice actor so I don't mind her being swapped out again - Lara, whilst under CD, has not yet had one consistent face from one game to the next. From Legend to Rise every single itteration of her in game character has been different, whilst keeping similar features. So, yours is another argument that doesn't appeal to me really.
Old 18-06-17, 17:41   #19
wearemany

Quote:
You say that as if it's a good thing for everyone Personally, I think Lara looks entirely too much like Camilla in RISE and has once again been inconsistent with models that came before. Another reason as to why I don't mind her going. Furthermore, similar to what I said about Camilla being Lara's fifth voice actor so I don't mind her being swapped out again - Lara, whilst under CD, has not yet had one consistent face from one game to the next. From Legend to Rise every single itteration of her in game character has been different, whilst keeping similar features. So, yours is another argument that doesn't appeal to me really.
I never it's a good thing for everyone?

I think you're tilting at windmills now, jajay. No one has been condescending towards you nor did I say you should shut up and agree with me. I respect your opinion.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-17, 17:46   #20
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearemany View Post
I never it's a good thing for everyone? ...
nor did I say you should shut up and agree with me. I respect your opinion.
I know you didn't, I was being playful as was evidenced by the '' emoji after it. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I didn't say you told me to shut up and thank you for saying you respect my opinion - all I was doing was explaining why I disagreed with yours. You seem to think I was being more confrontational with you than I was.

Last edited by jajay119; 18-06-17 at 17:47.