www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old Yesterday, 17:16   #2931
Hazelphoenix
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I'm sorry , but most of the time , it IS the case .

There's nothing wrong about having an opposing opinion regarding Alicia , people can for example not like her acting style , her voice , there could be some concerns about her accent , some people could not like her face or yes her body shape . However , you rarely see criticisms of these kinds tbh (mostly , outside this thread because here it happened to be that most of us are happy with Alicia) , most of the time it's nothing but "boobs this" and "boobs there" , "butt this" and "butt there" , and yes , there are many many comments that were pure hate speech and insults towards Alicia "She looks like a man ! " , "grow some boobs up girl !" , "where's the hourglass figure ?!" etc etc etc , I'm sorry but this IS going to grind people's gears , it sucks that some fair criticism might get lost in the waves of the hate and insults , but it's bound to happen , the **** thrown at Alicia and the discrimination of her body is unbelievable , it is sick .

Honestly , sometimes I just stand there and ponder : "was Alicia payed to star in a Hollywood action film or to pose for a Brazzers production photoshoot or the fashion week in Paris ?!"

Anyway , regarding the outfit topic , like Rai said NOBODY was being condescending Hazel , it just happened that most of us here see nothing wrong with the outfit and are agreeing with each other , simple as that .
Let's say I might have misinterpreted your intentions (not just you, some posts below mine) but what I really meant is what Blackmoor perfectly explained in her post, it almost seems as though people tend to jump and overreact a bit whenever a negative comments pops up in this section. Perphaps it's due to what you stated in your reply, people constantly mocking or insulting Alicia as an actress which might lead to lean more towards the "defensive" side to rush in her defense whenever possible. But really, not every negative opinion is meant to totally discredit Alicia and/or the crew behind the movie. Sometimes it's just feedback, that might end up being confused with "hate". Just something I often noticed here, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Well the problem, as I've said before, it's not what you say...but how you say it. Tancha is the example of what NOT to do. Someone can say they feel Alicia doesn't look like Lara, but the moment they criticize her as an individual and tear her looks apart its crossing a line IMO. Hell we have people who feel Alicia shouldn't be able to drink and smoke, like the adult she is.

Honestly though, it really does feel like sometimes people who complain about her, really are only complaining because she isn't stacked. It's rarely ever that they think she is a terrible actress or the like.
And I understand, and certain behaviors shouldn't be condoned in any way. Still, aside from said user, who else went "that far" with their judgement? What I noticed though, are the occasional comments in a sarcastic tone popping up almost every time someone begs to differ with the majority of the positive opinions instead. Like the examples I stated in my previous post. I can assure you that things like this really put some people off from wanting to take part in the discussion. It might not be a big deal at the end of the day, but it makes you feel like varying opinions are unwelcomed or badly received, therefore there's no need to post them.

Honestly, I for one have always wanted to share my personal stance on Alicia as Lara Croft but quickly realized it wasn't really the case seeing how other opinions similar to mine have been treated.

I'm not really fond of her, neither as Lara Croft nor as an actress beyond her role in Tomb Raider, nothing about her really convinced me. And yes, her body shape as well, not compared to classic Lara because I am well aware of the fact that this is a reboot inspired movie that has nothing to do with the old version of the character, but compared to reboot and Rise Lara to be precise. It's not about the boobs, there's just something that feels "off" as a whole. If I wrote this kind of comment as a standalone post, it would have attracted the same exact kind of subtle vitriol that I was talking about earlier
Hazelphoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 17:38   #2932
shockwave_pulsar00
Archaeologist

I don't think any of the comments that are like, "You're crazy for not liking her!" are meant to be taken too seriously. Some people on the forum just speak excitedly from what I've seen over the years. That's just my view on it though.

Hopefully the first trailer can calm a lot of people's fears about the film. With ComicCon less than 2 months away, it pretty safe to assume July will be when we all will get out answers.
Old Yesterday, 23:10   #2933
LHV Croft
Hobbyist

Two actresses have been added on IMDb: Gintare Beinoraviciute and Helena Holmes
LHV Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:19   #2934
Rai

I love the way you leave it up to us to go look for ourselves .

Both are "Nomad park goer". What the frig is that?

I wonder if Hannah has filmed scenes yet. Possibly indoor stuff.

Last edited by Rai; Yesterday at 23:21.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:12   #2935
Zebra
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I love the way you leave it up to us to go look for ourselves .

Both are "Nomad park goer". What the frig is that?

I wonder if Hannah has filmed scenes yet. Possibly indoor stuff.
Sounds to me like there'll be a scene in a park called Nomad Park and those two will just be random people taking a walk in the background or sth?
Old Today, 02:40   #2936
Rai

You know what, I didn't even consider it could be the name of a park. .
Old Today, 05:39   #2937
Tancha
Student

About what good physical activity there can be a speech if this woman hasn't left off smoking for the period of shootings and trainings? And after appointment to a role pictures have appeared where she smokes and drinks. The person can do that he wants. But it is reputation. Reputation of the actress, her image. And such factors as smoking and alcohol beat reputation. Make a negative impression. The unsportsmanlike woman who drinks and smokes (with drugs - rumors) will embody Lara Croft's image. It isn't pleasant to me. It is pleasant to you - it characterizes you.

The concept of the movie - is banal. The teenager the loser, after the certain events will become super-hero. At what prior to these events he didn't make any efforts in life, went down stream, without the purposes in life (you know, in combination of work and study there is nothing supernatural.). Then, without any prerequisites, he will survive on the island where he will cruelly kill people. Then will learn to choose to himself clothes by the size, will become the smart, stylish, aristocratical woman. It is nonsense. Even in the concept of a game all much justifications. The movie leads up to the point of absurdity the concept of new games, and a concept of the character.

You remember the first biography of Lara Croft? She is fond: a rock-climbing and firing even before survival. She runs away and live in a tent, preferring a privacy with the nature and loneliness, even before survival. She is a personality, before survival. She builds herself, before survival. Survival only pushes her completely to accept the hobbies and to be given them. This is the integral, strong, unusual personality. Since the samny beginning. This biography becomes already difficult to be found in the Internet. Full version: http://www.core-design.com/article1.html Lower in the quote short retelling of a fragment.

Quote:
EDUCATION
14 Feb 1967 in Surrey-Richard and Amelia Croft was born baby Lara. As befits a real aristocratic family ( no joke, the patrimony of Abbingdon was granted by king Edward IV in 1547), the girl from the cradle began to prepare for social life. From 3 to 11 years the training took place at home.
The next five years, a young lady held in Wimbledon school for girls. Even then, she was very different from peers: riding on the horse, they built huts, often ran away to God knows where and came back only for dinner. From 16 to 18 years old Lara studied at Gordonstoun school and then three years in a Swiss high school. During this time she became interested in rock climbing and various types of small arms. Restless student even kicked out of the sport of shooting with an unusual wording: "For the manifestation goes beyond the boundaries of reasonable interest to the subject".
LIFESTYLE
For time trials Lara finally realized that it has no place in society, pompous aristocrats who are trying to hide behind the beautiful manners rotten little soul. The winner of the luxurious bust (by the way, the character stood out with their forms while still in his Teens ) could easily make a career model, but chose a different path - with plunged into archaeology.
At first, nobody wanted to devote to the expedition any pound, so the company had to immediately put on the track of self-sufficiency. However, the failed socialite in no hurry to sell expensive finds. It is enough royalties for writing books and articles for geographical journals. By the way, the most popular works are "the Tyrannosaurus Rex snaps his fangs over my head" and "Bloodthirsty". Colleagues blame Lara for the unusual methods of work. Particularly envious even accused of stealing artifacts from foreign places excavations. But Mrs Croft wanted to spit on the opinions of others. For her, the hunt for ancient relics - just a entertaining hobby, a good way to unwind, get an adrenaline rush and then a profitable enterprise.
DOSSIER
Marital status: Not married
Profession: Archaeologist
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 57 kg
Hair color: Brunette
Eye color: Brown
Bust, waist and hips: 95 cm / 60 cm / 90 cm
Clothing size: 40
Shoe size: 40
Blood group: AB ( IV ) RH negative
Favorite dish: refried beans or beans
Favorite music: Classical, trance, U2 and Nine Inch Nails
Favorite movies: Liberation ( Deliverance ), "Aguirre: the wrath of God" (Aguirre, The Wrath of God )
Favorite computer game: Quake
And to what we have come today? To typicalness and "magic": not being anything, weak-willed person, suddenly will survive on the island and after that will become legendary Lara Croft. Aha, of course.
Of course, it is closer to typical modern people and teenagers to the simplified thinking not capable to critical thinking. It is easier for them to identify himself with losers, it is easier to see in this rumpled woman of. They want to believe that they too, anything without doing, one fine day will become someone. But, in life so doesn't occur. That to achieve something it is necessary to work (combination of work and study - isn't something supernatural, it is difficult to call it work, especially when study is missed). In the first biography of Lara there was more serious message. Her hobbies, work on themselves have allowed it to survive. Even in new games Lara has more prerequisites to survival and she looks more complete personality (she studies well. her work doesn't interfere with education (dangerous work at which skirmishes with drunkards are possible not each girl will choose similar, Lara takes the risk), there is no speech about shortage of money (it's means she is able to solve this problem independently), she is engaged in archery. Roth has for certain trained her in weapon handling, etc.). There are though some prerequisites. In the movie - No. Driving the bicycle - a prerequisite to survival on the island. Wow. As it is plausible.

Last edited by Tancha; Today at 05:55.
Tancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:26   #2938
Zebra
Tomb Raider

^I think you got something mixed up in that quote. There's some stuff from Crystal's LAU bio in there for some reason.

Last edited by Zebra; Today at 06:28.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:04   #2939
Avalon SARL
Professor

@ Tancha: I think you need to loosen up.

You are attacking Alicia for drinking and smoking (I don't know, but even athletes do that).
Lara Croft is still an imaginary character, so Alicia herself is not meant to be even a world athlete in the first place; she just gt herself some good shape which fits the role, nothing more is even needed.

What is wrong with you and being so much hostile towards her; you are not criticizing Alicia from the way she will be portraying Lara as an actress; no one has seen that yet; you are jumping into her personal life.

I do not smoke and do no drink (I hate smoking and drinking), but I never interfere in anyone's life if they want to.
You speak from a few images as if Alicia is a drunkard and heavy smoker who never lets go of the wine bottle or the cigarettes.

Her life is none of your business; you are not her parents, not her lover or any other close friend who has the right to interfere in what she wants to do with her life.

Many people did not want AJ as Lara and some till now still detest that, but reality is proof to what really came out from her playing the character;

Same goes for Alicia; she has to be given the chance to do that.

Let us take it this way: Suppose AJ is reprising her role to play this Reboot Lara; even if AJ is known to be Lara Croft, her playing this role is so much out of place.

Alicia is playing Lara from Reboot Era; I can't belive how difficult it is for you to understand this.

You keep bringing the old biography from classic and LAU

You make no sense at all;

And who told you what will Lara Croft become at the end of this movie; who told you she will be this hero, much fond of archeology.

Are you even playing the new games; I don't think so, or you are and not even understanding anything of what is going on

Last edited by Avalon SARL; Today at 07:16.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote