www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old Yesterday, 14:51   #181
Gancian
Hobbyist

This is awesome. You sir are a God. I'd be more than glad to be one of your future alpha\beta\whatever testers and, on a plus side, I'm Italian (I think we even spoke once, ages ago on MSN...) and have a degree in translation so I'd be more than willing to help you out with a manual\tutorial in both English and Italian for this Level Editor
Old Yesterday, 15:07   #182
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
I have to test it, but we could also give the choice to the level designer: optimized vertices but less light quality or higher light quality but also high memory usage?
I have also to check if there are side effects.

If not now, then at least the choice might be useful for future.

I think the increased amount of vertices will probably cause problems with the original engine...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:06   #183
MontyTRC
Hobbyist

I will check out this after implementing all light types (including effect) in editor

And now let's recall to my mind my university class on geometry

Old Yesterday, 21:08   #184
MontyTRC
Hobbyist

When the editor will be in beta stage I'll need all help possible to discover bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancian View Post
This is awesome. You sir are a God. I'd be more than glad to be one of your future alpha\beta\whatever testers and, on a plus side, I'm Italian (I think we even spoke once, ages ago on MSN...) and have a degree in translation so I'd be more than willing to help you out with a manual\tutorial in both English and Italian for this Level Editor
Old Yesterday, 21:46   #185
Joey79100
Archaeologist

Oh, just a suggestion that came to my mind by looking at your last screenshots. A nice feature/shortcut would be to drag those spheres and cones to resize them the way we want.
Well there are actually lot of things that just came to my mind for making lighting much easier. But that would require changing the UI, so I'll keep this for later.
Old Yesterday, 22:45   #186
Dustie
Relic Hunter

^ Dragging light spheres around is probably easy to do, but changing the radius cone size by dragging is probably more complicated, especially that they're probably bound to integer values, so they can't be freely adjusted and would have to be "stepped" (for the lack of a better word).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
And now let's recall to my mind my university class on geometry
THIS is why I'm very hesitant about trying programming. I did a bit of it before and with some guidance I could probably be able to go back to it and eventually make something myself, but when I think about programming anything with 3D I know it has a lot to do with mathematics, geometry, those trigonometric functions I always hated, etc. Sine, cosine, tangent, cotangent... Ugh! I really don't remember much of that stuff and I know I would have to know it to do anything meaningful in 3D.

Last edited by Dustie; Yesterday at 22:48.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote