Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 18-09-16, 23:13   #41
sackboy123

Only Red Alert has bugs which occur by loading a savegame
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-16, 06:17   #42
thabani33

Chronicles was my first TR game I played and I could write endless paragraphs about how I adore it (it's even on my profile picture ) but I'm not gonna do that. However one thing that stood out for me about Chronicles over the previous games was how the FMV cutscenes were exceptionally well animated and the script dialog was at its best.

The only disappointment about this game aside from the technical flaws was that it shouldn't have been released as a full game but instead it should have been released as TR4 expansion or gold version because as a full game it is too short and the story overall is a bit meh.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-16, 12:28   #43
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
Chronicles was my first TR game I played and I could write endless paragraphs about how I adore it (it's even on my profile picture ) but I'm not gonna do that. However one thing that stood out for me about Chronicles over the previous games was how the FMV cutscenes were exceptionally well animated and the script dialog was at its best.

The only disappointment about this game aside from the technical flaws was that it shouldn't have been released as a full game but instead it should have been released as TR4 expansion or gold version because as a full game it is too short and the story overall is a bit meh.
YAAAAAAAAS some TRC love
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 00:02   #44
pipermaru

I think it's a great game, but I don't know why it has an unfinished aspect to it.

When I first bought the game in 2000, my copy came from the store with several audio bugs. I still played the hell out of the game.

The graphical interface had the same egyptian font and style from TR4, which I thought it was extremely out of place, since TR5 is a very urban game. It looked more like a TR4 mod than a proper game.
pipermaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 09:13   #45
CheshireBitch

I really liked Chronicles and I really like playing it again today. I think the FMV/cutscenes are great, it's the first time in the series that we have so much story elements and the first time that we don't need to figure out 50% of the story by ourselves.
The game itself was great, I loved the levels and the fact that they are so different from one another. I think it could have used an extra month or two to polish some things, but it still a great game. I understand people were upset having not an information about what happened in Egypt, but I really don't understand the hate since it's very fun, not too hard and it had refreshing locations after TR4 which was 99% of ancient egyptian tombs (don't get me wrong I LOVE TR4)
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 15:32   #46
charmedangelin

I love Tomb Raider Chronicles as all the other Tomb Raider games. My only wish is that we got at least one more section with Lara in her classic outfit and dual pistols exploring some kind of Tomb. Other then that I loved Chronicles as much as I loved all the classic Tomb Raiders 1-6.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 20:23   #47
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I love Tomb Raider Chronicles as all the other Tomb Raider games. My only wish is that we got at least one more section with Lara in her classic outfit and dual pistols exploring some kind of Tomb. Other then that I loved Chronicles as much as I loved all the classic Tomb Raiders 1-6.
I agree. I feel the same with Tomb Raider III: we do not see her in classic outfit enough. But it's not that important.

It would have been cool to have a bonus level in classic outfit for TRC.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-16, 21:39   #48
Mrs Manson

I love TRC, it's a beautiful and well made game, it has a great lighting and texturing.
The voice of Lara is one of the most beautiful voice acting on TR series and the sounds and songs of the game fit so well with the levels
The only thing that i don't like too much is the young Lara section, boring levels. And VCI is the most stunning and it inspire me so much and it has a 007 felling that is awesome
Mrs Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-16, 22:05   #49
sackboy123

Ireland is the best section for me probably due to my liking for Survival Horror
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-16, 17:58   #50
peeves

To me VCI is the best section because of the high tech environment.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote