Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-01-17, 04:54   #1
King Ultra

Question Would you like Nixxes to develop SOTTR or another Future TR game

Nixxes developed Blood Ties,which pretty much everyone (Including myself) who played it absolutely loved ,so what if Nixxes were to develop a TR game (Perhaps SOTTR) by themselves,I realize this probably wont happen but its fun to dream,so i decided to get the opinions of you lot,the best forum community in the world

ill meet you guys and girls down in the thread \/

Last edited by King Ultra; 10-01-17 at 04:56.
King Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 05:07   #2
Zebra

Nixxes are mostly a porting studio. I don't think they have much experience creating original games from scratch, especially when it comes to the game design side of things (but please do correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, I suppose they could always hire new people who do have experience with that in which case things would strongly depend on who they'd hire. But generally speaking, I'm about as uninterested in the current games as I could be (meaning the only reason I still play them is because it says Tomb Raider on the box) so I'm open to some experimentation and developer rotation. Worst case scenario, whatever Nixxes come up with is as uninteresting to me as what we currently have so I personally wouldn't really have anything to lose .
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 05:17   #3
Moon-Safari

Didn't they develope anniversary all by themselves? To me that was superior even to TRU. TRU sucked because it felt like such a downgrade from the polish and upgrades of Anniversary that never carried over.

Now your telling me they made blood ties too? Did they get to write for it and design the mansion and include all the eastereggs themselves?
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 05:21   #4
Zebra

^Crystal made Anniversary (though I think some stuff was outsourced to Buzz Monkey). Nixxes only did the PC port.

EDIT: It also doesn't seem like they developed Blood Ties all on their own. This is from their website:
Quote:
In addition to working with Crystal Dynamics to create the best experience for Lara Croft’s latest adventure on the PlayStation 4, we also have been part of the development of the Rise of the Tomb Raider “Blood Ties” story DLC, including development of the Sony VR mode for “Blood Ties”.
http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/newsdet...year-announced

So it was a collaborative effort between them and Crystal.

Last edited by Zebra; 10-01-17 at 05:27.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 06:36   #5
suli
Inactive

They only helped making it because Crystal is busy making SOTTR. all the ideas, script, assets, direction..etc are from crystal. if crystal made it all by themselves it wouldn't be different at all.

so no, I don't want a porting studio to make the next TR.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 11:22   #6
Patrick star

Like Zebra said , they're mostly a porting studio , and personally I don't trust such studio to design a big AAA game from the get go , even if some of the input they did in collaboration with CD on Blood Ties is great , that's not enough .

But I won't mind to see Eidos Montreal or SE Montreal helping CD with Shadow , or even taking the lead developing business while CD works on their new IP .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 17:40   #7
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Didn't they develope anniversary all by themselves?
Where is this even coming from? I've seen this twice now on here
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 19:36   #8
jackraider
Inactive

I think old members of CORE should start a new studio. Square Enix should then contract them to develop next TR game. See what I did there?
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 17:41   #9
Mikky

I wouldn't mind if they did a LC spin-off, but a full game? I wonder if they're capable? Probably not atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Where is this even coming from? I've seen this twice now on here
Idk, misinformed people? Buzz Monkey developed TRA with CD.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 17:44   #10
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I wouldn't mind if they did a LC spin-off, but a full game? I wonder if they're capable? Probably not atm.
What if they were made capable though?
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote