Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-17, 21:27   #11
Blackmoor

I can't wait to hear something.

Lots of things potentially impacting on the next game... new game director, new writers, new film...........possibly new developer involved at the very least........ possibly a title of shadow of the TR... meaning a darker feel........

Can't wait to find out.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 21:29   #12
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I can't wait to hear something.

Lots of things potentially impacting on the next game... new game director, new writers, new film...........possibly new developer involved at the very least........ possibly a title of shadow of the TR... meaning a darker feel........

Can't wait to find out.
Same here, actually. I haven't actually been anxious to know info on a new game in a while. But seeing as I liked Rise well enough (the gameplay mostly) I'm actually very interested to know info on the next one! Though I expect Rhianna worked on the story for this one, so I don't expect her departure to mean anything for this game. Perhaps it will impact the fourth game if there is one in this reboot.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 21:35   #13
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Same here, actually. I haven't actually been anxious to know info on a new game in a while. But seeing as I liked Rise well enough (the gameplay mostly) I'm actually very interested to know info on the next one! Though I expect Rhianna worked on the story for this one, so I don't expect her departure to mean anything for this game. Perhaps it will impact the fourth game if there is one in this reboot.
I suppose if they're well into to the game development, then the story will have been outlined with lots of dialogue written already and so Rhianna leaving at this stage could mean nothing. But then I wonder why they announced it? Why bother to tell anyone if when the game is going to be released, she'll still be identified as part of the writing team? As far as I understand it, she was always a consultant, never an employee..............and so her finishing the project didn't have to be announced at all if she's still going to be credited on the game at release. I have wondered WHY has there been this announcement about her leaving? And why now?

Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 21:43   #14
Chamayoo

Good point. If she was involved on the next game I assume she would as well promoted the game with Crystal and announced her departure only after the release.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:02   #15
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

We got Rise's teaser in June 2014 right? Then the game followed a year and a half later. I'm pretty sure Rise's PS4 release is why we didn't get a teaser last E3 because they still wanted to push ROTTR sales, but if the game is on schedule we SHOULD be getting it by the fall. Very odd that we haven't heard any news yet, perhaps they're taking longer on this one, but I don't THINK so. In theory it should be almost done by now. >.>

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 11-01-17 at 22:04.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:05   #16
Nigel Cassidy

Maybe they are planning to take over the world and reboot everything, and make everybody 'relatable'.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:17   #17
Rai

They have been quiet. But then, 2016 they were concentrating on Rise for PS4 and the 20th anniversary stuff. As Mel says, they would want to keep Rise the focus for sales. And then of course there has been the Holiday season.

I'm kinda hoping for a small tease prior to E3 then from E3 onward, a wash of promotion leading to a late 2017-early 2018 release.

As for announcing Rhianna's departure, anyone following her Twitter would have noticed how busy she was last year working on non TR projects. As she is freelance, it might not have meant anything, but I can't help wondering if she did stop work on TR a while ago (perhaps consulted for BT?). I'm also wondering if they announced her departure now as they are preparing for a reveal of Shadow and her name wouldn't automatically be linked to it.

Last edited by Rai; 11-01-17 at 22:19.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:23   #18
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Maybe they are planning to take over the world and reboot everything, and make everybody 'relatable'.
Lmfao omg I think I feel myself being protected!
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:30   #19
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Lmfao omg I think I feel myself being protected!
I feel like I wanna put on caveman clothing and put a deer skull on my head
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:36   #20
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
As for announcing Rhianna's departure, anyone following her Twitter would have noticed how busy she was last year working on non TR projects. As she is freelance, it might not have meant anything, but I can't help wondering if she did stop work on TR a while ago (perhaps consulted for BT?). I'm also wondering if they announced her departure now as they are preparing for a reveal of Shadow and her name wouldn't automatically be linked to it.
I am lead to believe exactly this.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote