Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-01-17, 01:16   #9501
Peep Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
^ glad to hear I'm not the only one who complains lol

To be fair though - yesterday I won most matches no problem.. mainly because the teams were decent.
Really hope they make more maps though. Highrise and Flooded Ruins from UC2 would be a dream come true

OMG really?! This is why we need the ability to kick players (within reason obviously) Match I just lost (phone pic sorry)

Guy I've circled - 15 deaths! WTH
Another day, another complaint from you. You're playing with RANDOMS, how can you expect them all to be good at this game? You want people to be kicked for being bad? How do you expect them to get better? Have you ever thought about the fact that some of them just got the game? Are you perfect in every new game you play? You learn by playing it! Seriously stop it already, go get some friends to play with if you can't handle it SMH.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 07:00   #9502
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Show View Post
Another day, another complaint from you. You're playing with RANDOMS, how can you expect them all to be good at this game? You want people to be kicked for being bad? How do you expect them to get better? Have you ever thought about the fact that some of them just got the game? Are you perfect in every new game you play? You learn by playing it! Seriously stop it already, go get some friends to play with if you can't handle it SMH.
If they're new to the game, then they shouldn't be getting placed into games with higher ranked people, this is why I don't understand why the ranks are hidden, and only viewable if you're friends with the person. The matchmaking needs to be improved, something needs to be changed. New players shouldn't be getting put into games with higher ranked players.

The goal of the game is to win, and when you're constantly getting a team full of people who are basically newborns playing, and causing you to lose (I mean jfc 15 deaths?) how can you not be upset at that? I understand you're an Uncharted Fan™ but you can't just shut out anyone who's not having a great fantastical experience 100% of the time, people are allowed to be upset at frustrating things.

Just today me and my friend were playing hard mode on survival, and this guy who clearly wasn't a high enough rank to be playing hard mode, joins the game, so after a few rounds of baby sitting him, constantly picking him up because his health is so low, we get to the Warlord wave, and this guy was so much lower that he would get instantly downed and KO's by one flintstock shot from the boss. He was dragging us down and we couldn't complete the wave because of him, and there's no ability to kick the player so we just had to quit out. When I first started survival, I picked find a match on stages 1-5, because I knew my rank wasn't high enough for me to take damage on the harder enemies on the later stages, and plus I had only done 1-5 currently, but what game does it put me in? Stage 9, and I got downed instantly because my health wasn't high enough yet, this happened multiple times, even though I selected stages 1-5.

There needs to be better matchmaking not only in survival, but regular MP aswell, or an option to kick new players that shouldn't be playing with higher ranks that have more experience, weapons, and abilities than the new player, it's not fair to the new player, and it's not fair to the rest of the team.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 02-01-17 at 07:07.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 09:15   #9503
sackboy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Show View Post
Agree with this

I only play competitive matches with friends, it's the only way you can basically win almost every game
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 10:50   #9504
dcw123

What DaftRaifer said.

This game is supposed to pair you with mainly similar ranked players in matchmaking. I'm about level 56..
I just lost 3 consecutive matches because everyone sucked.. like died 9 times no KOs!
Half the time they don't act as a team - not reviving etc

I know everyone may not be perfect at playing obviously.. then they at least need to use the Trial tutorials first! D'uh.
Thats what I did. AI on crushing is pretty close to the real thing.

Any why should I have to play private matches to enjoy the game?
The whole point is to win - or at least lose geacefully.

Not because half your team suck or quit leaving you 2 vs 5. Matchmaking is the problem here.. end of story

Never , ever had this problem with UC2 and 3 MP.

And this is only my opinion - I am entitled to have a say - even if you don't like it Peepshow..
Grow up and deal with it sweetie

But yeah - so if anyone wants to add me for some private matches.. go ahead -
My PSN is
dannywolfy

Last edited by dcw123; 02-01-17 at 10:52.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 11:05   #9505
Vinkula

The matchmaking does act weirdly. I don't know if it's connection related or just how it works etc, but it can be frustrating when u find an amazing lobby but during intermission they all "leave" (disappear) and new lobby is found and then you are stuck with that new worse lobby until you decide to quit that lobby and find a new one. My luck I guess

I can be added, too. My PSN is vinkula.
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 11:09   #9506
Tombraider95

I'm not really bothered about winning or loosing, as long as I'm progressing on my challenges I'm happy.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 11:13   #9507
dcw123

I'll add you

And just to make this VERY clear.
I love UC and what ND have made. The MP is pretty much the only MP I have played recently (the last would have been the 007 games years ago LOL) I mainly play SP games.
UC4's MP is beautifully detailed and crafted.. I have nothing against that - just a few hickups.
These have been mentioned all over ND's Forum.

I am not some UCMP elitist - in fact.. I can have some great matches where I kick ass - or others where even I do badly.
Nobody is perfect..

Even if people are new to UC altogether - does not mean they are so dumb as to run in circles shooting the floor, jumping off cliffs, standing still and being totally idle..

They only way they can be that bad is if it is kids playing the game.. and they shouldn't coz its a mature game anyway. I have had a few matches when clearly younger kids have playing a match.

And I just quit another match short coz my team kept dying leaving me solo vs 4 or 5 players. Not cool.. not fun no matter what anyone says. Might as well stand there shooting the sky..

And of discussion.. dead.
MP is not perfect and the matchmaking DOES need fixing to better match player abilities.

Last edited by dcw123; 02-01-17 at 11:48.
Old 03-01-17, 13:16   #9508
dcw123

Anyone know when Classic Mode is being released? I never saw it in Beta Test like King of the Hill.
Hopefully they remove the radar - but at least the down system is gone.

Sometimes I bloody hate that system.. a few shots and your screwed, crawling like a snail.
At least it'll be more like UC2/3 and 4's main campaign, where you can at least have a chance of escaping even if your greyscale screen.
Old 03-01-17, 14:19   #9509
Quebsenuef

No idea when Classic Mode is coming. Hopefully soon.
I also don't think they should implement a Kick system to kick players for any reason. The matchmaking needs to be fixed. Balancing levels of rank with fellow high ranking people will make for a decent challenge.
I'm not complaining, though. I don't mind wiping the floor with new people. I like the 25+ Downs I have every TDM Pyramid Head needs some more victims.

---
I replayed Uncharted 4 on my new 4K TV. Looks great!
That being said, I still feel so sad happy with the ending. I don't like seeing my favorite characters get older
Sam grew on me a bit more. I actually sort of like him. Elena was great except when she kept GETTING IN MY WAY! There's a grenade, Elena. MOVE OR IM DEAD YOU DUMB LADY. I'd never have this problem with Chloe…
Finished Crushing difficultly I think! Or maybe it was just Hard. I don't remember. It wasn't too bad, whatever it was.

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 03-01-17 at 14:23.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 14:31   #9510
dcw123

Yeah.. but it sucks when your the only one or 2 people who play well enough - and the other 3 suck.
Then it isn't fun coz your the ones being wiped up.

3 outta 4 matches today where I just decided to quit. Despite gettin like 10 kills and no deaths in one match.. it meant nothing because the team dragged me down with them.

I get nobody is perfect - but I am talking EVERY match here.
I saw one person trying to repeatedly jump up the slides of rock in Scotland! Like.. over and over. What the what!

Really hate the rope KO and ledge KO.. it seems to go all wonky on my and I always either miss a hit or get kicked off. That needs fixing IMO.
Read online its something about latancy and p2p (whatever that is) causing these sometimes funny errors. KOing each other at once and ragdolling is pretty hilarious

Last edited by dcw123; 03-01-17 at 14:40.