Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 09-12-06, 03:24   #21
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
I like the one on the right (which is I think the original render). The facial structure looks better to me, although perhaps the nose should be a bit bigger.
i dont know what about the facial structure you find so asthetically appeasing. . laras bottom lip goes out farther than her top lip and her jaw seems to be pushed forward passed the rest of her face. Theres nothing sexy about an underbite. but i guess thats personal preference.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 03:26   #22
Patjs07

I wasn't really thrilled with the new model, so I kinda played around with it. I just don't get how, even if the character is cartoony, why they just can't make it a beautiful cartoon. I mean she's LARA CROFT, for god's sake. It's great that they tried to make her bust more realistic by downsizing it and all, but they need to pay more attention to the rest of her too. Her head's always 6 times too large (like in the one above) or way too small. And her body is always too narrow. Hah I don't even want to get into the structure of her face.

Last edited by Patjs07; 09-12-06 at 04:26. Reason: grammar
Patjs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 03:27   #23
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Welcome to our forum Patjs07
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 04:04   #24
don-cotton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patjs07 View Post

I wasn't really thrilled with the new model, so I kinda played around with it. I just don't get how, even if the character is cartoony, why they just can't make it a BEAUTIFUL cartoon. I mean she's LARA CROFT, for god's sake. It's great that they tried to make her bust more realistic by downsizing it and all, but they need to pay more attention to the rest of her too. Her's head's always 6 times too large (like in the one above) or way too small. And her body is always too narrow. Lol I don't even want to get into the structure of her face.
wow, nice job!! you know how to handle photoshop hein?!!!!!!! she loos like a friend of mine now.
now that you mentioned her head i see it too. it's just sooooooo big. she looks like one of those miniature dachshunds with the wobbling head, the ones you put in the back of your car.

oh, and welcome to the forum you'll love it here.
don-cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 05:07   #25
Blo0d

Those lips make her face look weird nothing else imo.
Maybe if they looked a litter darker like in the original.

Blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 06:43   #26
Patjs07

Maybe this is better?

Last edited by Patjs07; 12-12-06 at 20:46. Reason: Image change
Patjs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 07:06   #27
Jin Uzuki

Quite a stunner, Patjs! I like the detail you gave to her hair. Your rendition is beautiful in general (and I see you've adjusted some details of her body ), but I wouldn't say her face fits the character of Lara Croft, but that's just me. Other than that, it's fantastic!
Jin Uzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 07:16   #28
Blo0d

She looks nice there but it reminds me of a next gen version of Claire Redfield.
Blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 07:45   #29
Peyn_OTHfan

The original version is the best. The lower part of the face is too bright because the engine doesn't allow good shadows. Even the Legend Lara had a very bright neck considering it should be dark when light comes from above. But this is how the engine works. If this model was in next gen, the face would seem much sharper and more beautiful.
Peyn_OTHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-06, 08:06   #30
tpboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patjs07 View Post
Maybe this is better?

your defined model looks better...good job!
tpboy is offline   Reply With Quote