Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 10-02-12, 17:43   #51
Titak

Same here!
The changes sound very promissing!
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 05:03   #52
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
i'm also working on way to make selection cuts with the keyboard...
That's probably the best way to do it now you mention it. Select a texture then use a key to move the lines up/down left/right within that texture 1 pixel at a time.
I have a few bugs with my intersecting rectangle system so may try to implement something like this instead and this method would let you easily set start point and size of the cut texture.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 16:46   #53
Bojrker

I just discovered how useful this new Strpix is. Awesome and if you could really add this great new feature it would be more then perfect. I don't mind which keys as long as it works.
Bojrker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 06:17   #54
Diablight

Any news on this?
Diablight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 11:42   #55
sapper

Progress so far and some things may change.

You can draw a rectangle with the mouse on the page image and either right click, choose a menu item or press a button to cut the texture.

If the rectangle you draw intersects with the selected texture the cutting rectangle shape "snaps" to the intersection. This means if the rectangle you draw contains the whole of the selected texture it snaps to the dimensions of the selected texture.

You cannot cut a texture that is the same as an existing texture though.

For finer control of defining the cutting rectangle I looked at some other methods like zooming and having a grid overlaid on the texture but my programming experience is too poor for this so I have decided to add some buttons under the page display that allow you to move the top, bottom, left and right sides of the cutting rectangle in 1 pixel increments to get the shape you need. I have included a zoom preview of existing textures from the menu though.

I have to sort out some minor bugs and decide how to show the dimensions of the cutting shape (mainly where to show them since the User Interface is getting very crowded).

So estimate 90% finished.

As far as changing the TextureID goes say about 40% done. I have written code that changes the ID but now have to work out the user interface for it.

Do I make a form like the remap form with numerical input but with pictures too and how will the user select the second texture easily to swap? Should I always show a warning?

I won't be adding Undo (sorry Shauni). PixStr's method was actually very clever and straightforward but I'm too lazy to implement it at this stage.
Basically in every procedure in PixStr that the author thought that undo may be needed he creates a copy of the mesh before anything is changed. To undo the change this mesh is copied back into the wad. This means only one step undo though.

I fixed some bugs also. One was mine in displaying the axes where I had disabled depth testing which meant in particular the Y axis didn't penetrate through a mesh.

The other bug was only minor and not probably noticed but meant that StrPix could not display 1 pixel wide textures properly in the viewer.

Will upload screenshot later.
Old 21-02-12, 11:49   #56
Shauni

Excited for this! Thanks for the update. And don't worry about the undo button!
Shauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 12:18   #57
sapper

Screenshot as promised.

The cutting rectangle is the red/white rectangle. The red colour can be changed by user. Note it is not a "marching ants" (moving) style of border.

The eight buttons are for moving the lines of the cutting rectangle and "C" button is to cut.

This shot is before cutting so the preview is of the selected texture (white border).

Old 21-02-12, 13:03   #58
teme9

Excellent! *mr burns*

This will be complatible with editwad ?
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 15:39   #59
HeinzFritz

Looks extremely practical and usable! Keep up the good work Sapper!
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-12, 15:43   #60
Diablight

Nice work. Just perfect
Diablight is offline   Reply With Quote