Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 14-03-10, 18:38   #1
Laras Boyfr.

Default TRNG - Bugs & Limitations Thread

I thought it would be good that everyone can post here bugs which he/she had with the last TRNG update,or even suggestions(realistic ones,please not wishes :P).At the end I can send Paolone an email with the whole report of us.
How do u think?
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 19:17   #2
Titak

Raymond is already doing that via Skribblerz. He collects bugs or isseus he finds here, posts them on skribblerz for confirmation and extra testing if needed and then he sends reports of to Paolone.

And we don't want to throw different bug reports at Paolone from different sides. He's busy enough already.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 19:45   #3
Raymond

Yes, thatīs already my job, but a seperate bug thread here is ok.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 20:16   #4
Piega

Then I would like to add my first. I'm converting my game to TRNG.

I have read that enemies should not be placed after the old 255 object limit because of saving and loading. Sinds all my levels are practically ready this is fine.

To spice things up in the graphics department I replaced my static banisters with animating ones wich lead up to 364 animating objects. Now my horizontal bursts flame emitters dont work anymore. They only show the light effect. So Lara wont burn.

Known bug maybe? I reduced number of rooms to see if it was a limit problem and I have 24 texture pages in the wad but it stays the same.

EDIT: Mmmm, seems to be textures plus number of rooms. I deleted objects to reach below 230 and they still are not there so back to the drawing table.

Last edited by Piega; 14-03-10 at 20:58.
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 21:01   #5
Raymond

I would still say, that you hit somehow a limit. Would be interesting, if the NG_Doctor (available with Update 1.2.2.1) can give some valuable info.
Have you experimanted with reducing especially animating count again and/or reducing flame emitters!?
Old 14-03-10, 21:08   #6
Uzi master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piega View Post
Then I would like to add my first. I'm converting my game to TRNG.

I have read that enemies should not be placed after the old 255 object limit because of saving and loading. Sinds all my levels are practically ready this is fine.

To spice things up in the graphics department I replaced my static banisters with animating ones wich lead up to 364 animating objects. Now my horizontal bursts flame emitters dont work anymore. They only show the light effect. So Lara wont burn.

Known bug maybe? I reduced number of rooms to see if it was a limit problem and I have 24 texture pages in the wad but it stays the same.

EDIT: Mmmm, seems to be textures plus number of rooms. I deleted objects to reach below 230 and they still are not there so back to the drawing table.
My solution: use regular static ones, whats better a higher polly banister, working levels? but you could find a solution.

Not sure if its really a bug but even a few low-poly objects seem to really lower turning speed and other reactions in the editor, I know theres a hide objects button but that doesnt help if you want to set up more objects or avoid messing with set up objects. I know its not my computer because Before with my REALLY old one it slowed down the same ammount.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 21:32   #7
Piega

I think it is room numbers. I have 176 rooms. Not real big rooms but stacked to get textures with doors. Now that we can select bigger textures I can delete all those stacked rooms. Will probably reduce my room count to 115 or so.

I tested the flame in my second level wich has many big rooms and also has 115 room count. Even 48 texture pages and there the flame works so I really think it is room count. Thanks for the help.
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 21:37   #8
igor32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piega View Post
Now my horizontal bursts flame emitters dont work anymore. They only show the light effect. So Lara wont burn.
If you have the 2.1 version /latest/ you should rotate then, so the square part of the flame in the direction you want to make Lara burn

I had this, I tought it was a bug
igor32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-10, 22:33   #9
Raymond

Ah, yes, sorry, forgot about this. The burners just emit in the opposite direction as they should. So no problem for you. I think, it should be fixed in the next update.
Old 15-03-10, 11:01   #10
Titak

^
Ah! I thought it was just me, having forgotten how to work with flame-emitters.
But it actually is the other way around now.

We'll keep this thread then Raymond.
But I still think it is best that you will still be the only one collecting the info and sending it to Paolone.

I've stickied the thread for now, to see how it goes.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote