Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 25-04-18, 19:38   #2001
Rai

I'm pretty sure new threads will be created on Friday as and when whatever footage becomes available.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 19:39   #2002
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm pretty sure new threads will be created on Friday as and when whatever footage becomes available.
Probably. But what about "live" reactions for the Tribeca stuff? Or should that go in the Gameplay Demo thread where people are already talking about it?
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 19:47   #2003
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Probably. But what about "live" reactions for the Tribeca stuff? Or should that go in the Gameplay Demo thread where people are already talking about it?
Yeah, we already have Tribeca thread with all the info available for now.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 19:49   #2004
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfMe View Post
She left Sam for good?
Yes.
When Himiko was gone, Sam got a hospital. (I'm not sure is it mental or just a regular one, since it wasn't mentioned.) Lara went there but Sam's mother tried to stop her (she blamed Lara for everything that happened to Sam) , the fact is that Lara went there to ask the mother, to stop Sam to follow her, no matter what. Plus, she left a box of Jaffa cake. That panel was the last of Sam with the jaffa cakes in her hand; and the journal entries in RoTR. So, when Lara left the hospital, she was watched by a Trinity member.

This is why I'm interested, how's it going to be?

Also, I just watched the trailer and I saw Lara behind the soldier... what a sneaky woman she is!

Last edited by Zsott; 25-04-18 at 19:51.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 19:50   #2005
Blackmoor

I keep wondering what we'll see on Friday.............

Lara, obviously.

A bit of gameplay.

But what location............... what will be happening............

Will we see anyone else...............

I hope we do, I hope we see some kind of trailer with a bit of story introduction. And definitely a new character.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 19:54   #2006
CrowdedToaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Yes.
When Himiko was gone, Sam got a hospital. (I'm not sure is it mental or just a regular one, since it wasn't mentioned.) Lara went there but Sam's mother tried to stop her (she blamed Lara for everything that happened to Sam) , the fact is that Lara went there to ask the mother, to stop Sam to follow her, no matter what. Plus, she left a box of Jaffa cake. That image was the last of Sam; and the journal entries in RoTR. So, when Lara left the hospital, she was watched by a Trinity member.

This is why I'm interested, how's it going to be?

Also, I just watched the trailer and I saw Lara behind the soldier... what a sneaky woman she is!
It was a mental ward actually! I'm interested in how they'll continue Sam's story too. Tbh, I hope they bring her justice. She deserves a good storyline and we deserve to see it somehow. I'm also interested in seeing how Lara's and Sam's friendship continues to develop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I keep wondering what we'll see on Friday.............

Lara, obviously.

A bit of gameplay.

But what location............... what will be happening............

Will we see anyone else...............

I hope we do, I hope we see some kind of trailer with a bit of story introduction. And definitely a new character.
I wonder too! Maybe they'll show that guy in the last audio. I also wonder at what point would the gameplay that is shown take place in the game's chronology? I feel the middle would be best. Right in the thick of things is a good showcase. That way there is no exposition that absolutely spoils the story, and we get to see some rising action both in terms of gameplay and story
CrowdedToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 19:57   #2007
OrangeJuice

my guess is that the audio files we've unlocked are an indication of what we're going to see in the gameplay demo
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 20:01   #2008
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster View Post

I wonder too! Maybe they'll show that guy in the last audio. I also wonder at what point would the gameplay that is shown take place in the game's chronology? I feel the middle would be best. Right in the thick of things is a good showcase. That way there is no exposition that absolutely spoils the story, and we get to see some rising action both in terms of gameplay and story
I think I may have missed that last audio........... I'll have to hunt it down.

I think the gameplay is probably best if it's somewhere we're expecting (jungle-y) so that they don't spoil anything unless they have to. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all.... hope it's dark and rainy (one of my favourite kinds of environments )
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 20:06   #2009
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster View Post
It was a mental ward actually! I'm interested in how they'll continue Sam's story too. Tbh, I hope they bring her justice. She deserves a good storyline and we deserve to see it somehow. I'm also interested in seeing how Lara's and Sam's friendship continues to develop

Well, they could use her as a bargain chip...but then a lot of people would be annoyed about an another saving Sam adventure.

If she's going to be included, I hope it's going to be in the Croft manor. (dunno, maybe Jonah brings her there to stop Lara or something...)
But my theory is, when she got over the whole Himiko fiasco, she went to jail or she stayed locked up in a mental ward, because you just can't excuse yourself like this: "I was possessed by an ancient japanese queen!"

Last edited by Zsott; 25-04-18 at 20:09.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 20:11   #2010
lizardspock110

I can't wait to see what they've done! I love everything so far
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote