Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 15-08-19, 06:13   #1
charmedangelin

Default Video Game OSTs are all gone.

Don't know if anyone heard about this, but for those of us who grew up listening to OSTs of our favorite video games, well your in for a shock as all of the biggest channels were all terminated at once because of Nintendo. What really hurts is that those channels had stuff from other games that didn't have anything to do with Nintendo which is also gone.

I legit don't even want to live anymore as so much of this helped me a lot with depression and hard times. Very and I mean extremely upset about this right now. I get they gotta protect their copyright BS, but exactly how is this hurting them when they don't even sell this ****.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-crack...han-1837245472
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 06:45   #2
Ellioft

For one second I thought it was important,but it's only Nintendo beeing ass..... as usual.

Last edited by Ellioft; 15-08-19 at 06:47.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 06:52   #3
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
For one second I thought it was important,but it's only Nintendo beeing ass..... as usual.
All of the channels taken down had music from many other video games besides Nintendo. I swear I really hate that company, they destroyed a single culture of the gaming community in one swoop without care in the world.
Old 15-08-19, 12:05   #4
Zelda master

How is listening to gaming music a culture? YouTube has a three strike policy, when you upload near thousand songs from just Smash Bros. alone, yeah, you're risking absolutely everything on the channel. That's how the platform works, it's not Nintendo their fault if they strike their content that the rest goes.

Now if we were on the subject of it being utter horse crap, yeah that's something I'll give you. I have no idea what their reason is, especially since a ton of the music that's now gone isn't easily available on any platform.

Personal advice, go to hcs64 and search around for whatever you're looking for. They have direct game rips in the original game quality. They're some of the best you can think of if you search for whatever soundtrack.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 12:30   #5
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
How is listening to gaming music a culture? YouTube has a three strike policy, when you upload near thousand songs from just Smash Bros. alone, yeah, you're risking absolutely everything on the channel. That's how the platform works, it's not Nintendo their fault if they strike their content that the rest goes.

Now if we were on the subject of it being utter horse crap, yeah that's something I'll give you. I have no idea what their reason is, especially since a ton of the music that's now gone isn't easily available on any platform.

Personal advice, go to hcs64 and search around for whatever you're looking for. They have direct game rips in the original game quality. They're some of the best you can think of if you search for whatever soundtrack.
It's a culture because many of that had been up when I was school myself 8 years ago. People followed playlists and created their own remixes and stuff. There was an avid culture of people who followed this type of music. I will look up what you've said and hope that some of my music is there.
Old 15-08-19, 13:38   #6
NoahCrofRaider

Guess we need to a site now where people can listen to it.

It’s quite the ballsy move too - if you’re not going to upload or provide a way of listening to the music yourself, why take down the only ways for people to listen to your beloved soundtracks? It makes -500% sense for them to make the amazing OSTs, but not let fans enjoy them in their entirety. It’s times like this where Nintendo show how picky and exclusive as heck they are.

NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 14:01   #7
redfox45

Well that sucks.

Though it's never something I feel I ever took for granted.
I still clearly remember having to scout out obscure sites where I could download soundtracks and before those days the file sharing sites that infected your PC with the plague.

We were lucky to have the library of everything for free at out fingertips for so long. I guess we'll see what comes of this.

Last edited by redfox45; 15-08-19 at 14:02.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 04:30   #8
domino92

Youtube is ass. How that company has a monopoly on video-sharing is beyond me.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 14:00   #9
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
How that company has a monopoly on video-sharing is beyond me.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 14:37   #10
TRfan23
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Youtube is ass. How that company has a monopoly on video-sharing is beyond me.
It's owned by Google, and they have lots of money so...

Shame Vimeo just can't compete as well.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote