Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 20-09-18, 15:17   #531
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but can we level builders partecipate in the voting? Maybe without voting ourselves
Anyone can vote, just can't vote for your own levels obviously.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 17:17   #532
Topixtor

So, regarding my level, one reviewer gave me a pretty bad score because he had a very glitchy experience (disappearing objects, meshes, and some clipping issues), as did Dogget in his video walkthrought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-P2RcNEmI&t=218s

Now, the same problem happened to him in Feder's level but due to the smaller amount of meshes and objects it is a lot less noticeable; this problem is NOT our fault! It's caused by pressing F7 while in a TR2 game, as it toggles some detail options causing all those issues! There is absolutely no need to do that, but I understand sometimes you may press it while trying to press F6 for quick load.

What should I do in order to have that review removed/modified?
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 17:22   #533
DJ Full

PM michaelp and tell him the complaint is invalid
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 17:48   #534
Danath

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
this problem is NOT our fault!
I just wanted to say i can confirm that. It didn't happen at all when i was testing this level.
It doesn't happen in my levels either, i should know because i test them a ton of times...
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 18:12   #535
Titak

Exclamation

Request to those who have played my ORC Xumongkh:

I've read about some issues here and there and I am trying to fix them.
So far I have fixed the followign things:
* missing face in the flooded version of the main room.
* shortcut (the broken pole is now needed. )
* adjusted ceiling collision so you can't swim/jump through the overhanging roofs anymore.
* no more climbable wall at the teethspikes.

There is one issue which I haven't been able to fix and that is the odd disappearing/appearing of one of the underwater key-hole, after the key is inserted. One of the key-holes has this issue, the other one hasn't.

If you have encountered other issues while playing, could you let me know through PM?
Preferably with screenshots of the issues.
It would be much appreciated.

I can't make big changes because I don't want to risk messing up things for Meta2TR, but I'd like to know about the issues anyway.
I can then see if I can fix them without messing up the Meta2TR files or not.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 23:44   #536
Zebra

@Titak: I think I just encountered a bug in your level. In the very beginning, there's this platform you raise up out of the water by pulling this underwater switch. However, every time I try to climb up onto this platform, Lara is teleported to the opposite side of it (basically one square forward) and the second she has completed the pulling-out-of-water animation, she just drops right back into the water so basically, I cannot get onto the platform at all.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 01:24   #537
Topixtor

I informed Michael about that review, let's hope something gets done about that...

Also sent him an updated readme with an additional warning about that issue and caught the occasion to fix a couple of little cosmetic errors I noticed only after the upload of my level
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 04:48   #538
KyleCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Request to those who have played my ORC Xumongkh:

I've read about some issues here and there and I am trying to fix them.
So far I have fixed the followign things:
* missing face in the flooded version of the main room.
* shortcut (the broken pole is now needed. )
* adjusted ceiling collision so you can't swim/jump through the overhanging roofs anymore.
* no more climbable wall at the teethspikes.

There is one issue which I haven't been able to fix and that is the odd disappearing/appearing of one of the underwater key-hole, after the key is inserted. One of the key-holes has this issue, the other one hasn't.

If you have encountered other issues while playing, could you let me know through PM?
Preferably with screenshots of the issues.
It would be much appreciated.

I can't make big changes because I don't want to risk messing up things for Meta2TR, but I'd like to know about the issues anyway.
I can then see if I can fix them without messing up the Meta2TR files or not.
Only "bug" I found was that if I swam underneath the thing platform that moved up and down, I could get on it by surfacing right as the platform was at it's lowest. Obviously not a big deal by any means, but something.
KyleCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 11:39   #539
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
@Titak: I think I just encountered a bug in your level. In the very beginning, there's this platform you raise up out of the water by pulling this underwater switch. However, every time I try to climb up onto this platform, Lara is teleported to the opposite side of it (basically one square forward) and the second she has completed the pulling-out-of-water animation, she just drops right back into the water so basically, I cannot get onto the platform at all.
You mean that narrow patform, right?
You are not supposed to get onto that untill it starts to move up and down.
The platform itself is a bridge-flat object and it gets this glitchy when using fragmented triggers for them to give them a custom shape. (Something I'm going to keep in mind for MoA...)
I don't want players to reach the ledge ahead before the platform goes up and down, and if I remember correctly, you can reach the ledge when the platform is 2 clicks above the water.
I could try moving it down into the water, so its starting position is below the watersurface.
Or perhaps I can make the ledge ahead one click higher so the platform can also start one click higher, making it impossible to grab when Lara is in the water.

Either way, it will stay a bit glitchy.
It is fine as long as you don't try to grab the edges.

Quote:
Only "bug" I found was that if I swam underneath the thing platform that moved up and down, I could get on it by surfacing right as the platform was at it's lowest. Obviously not a big deal by any means, but something.
Related to the above.
Could be fixed by making sure that once it starts moving, it will stay at least 2 clicks above the water.

I should also check the OCB of the bridge-flat.
It might have 64 in its OCB, making it grabbeble. ;ponder:

Thanks for these reports!
I should be able to reduce the glitchyness of the platform with some scripting.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-18, 01:06   #540
croftyboy

I'm not sure it this is right thread to post these but when I was playing AgentXP's ORC level I encountered with these

croftyboy is online now   Reply With Quote