Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 23-07-14, 05:26   #7761
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ AFAIK an underwater door and baddy_1 use same sound slot(or something) and the game bugs if both objects are present in the same wad.
Not quite. Lara's injury sound when hit by bullets is assigned to the same slot in the executeable as the underwater door. TREP had a way to reassign the sound or disable it. Don't know if the same is true of TRNG.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 11:17   #7762
peeves

When i first heard the underwater door sound being used when lara gets hit by the bullets from the baddie i wondered what was up with that and i know why it happens now.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 13:52   #7763
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaethus View Post
Also when Lara gets hit she makes a weird underwater sound and I just ugh
If you are not using the underwater door in yoru level, you could either remove the sound from your wad or replace the sample with a silent sample.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 14:57   #7764
A_De

Why those sounds should be silent? Can't they be replaced with some proper hit sound samples? I liked this feature in TR2.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 15:15   #7765
tomb2player

I think that the best idea is to assign different sound to underwater door object in Animation Editor, and change as A_De said sample for real underwater door object sound slot, for example bullet hit from TR1/2. This way we can have both proper working underwater door and bullet hit sound in one level

Last edited by tomb2player; 23-07-14 at 15:16.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 21:38   #7766
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Why those sounds should be silent? Can't they be replaced with some proper hit sound samples? I liked this feature in TR2.
Well, sure, that's also possible ofcourse.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 21:42   #7767
Adaethus

Ooh apparently FLEP has a feature that allows you to change the sound ID of Lara getting shot at.

Still doesn't solve my enemy sound issues though, for some reason when I change an enemy's sounds (like footsteps and such) the sounds are wrong or nothing changes - in this case changing the enemy's TR5 footstep sounds to custom ones causes it to make Lara's footstep sounds

like I don't even know

maybe I'll do more testing tomorrow ;_;
Adaethus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-14, 05:11   #7768
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaethus View Post
Ooh apparently FLEP has a feature that allows you to change the sound ID of Lara getting shot at.

Still doesn't solve my enemy sound issues though, for some reason when I change an enemy's sounds (like footsteps and such) the sounds are wrong or nothing changes - in this case changing the enemy's TR5 footstep sounds to custom ones causes it to make Lara's footstep sounds

like I don't even know

maybe I'll do more testing tomorrow ;_;
Check the sounds are in the WAD and set up with the correct pitches. It could also possibly be a Sound ID conflict, so you should probably try to output new SAM and SFX files.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-14, 19:47   #7769
Adaethus

They are in the wad and the pitches are correct. , __ ,

I'm so frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
Yes, it went well today. I ripped the raptor from TR3, started it over from scratch and tinkered with it in a few different programs. I added a new mesh#0 (the dog's) and modified the animations to move them backwards (I edited the first frame in each anim, the remaining frames were recalculated automatically in excel).

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Wadmerger.jpg

His close range attack now works very well, his head turns to look at Lara but his sounds vanished completely along the way. Not the wrong sounds playing, but no sounds at all -- even when I re-add them to the Wad.

The other downside is that he's still very big and clips through objects/walls sometimes and if Lara get's too close he caught on her. He can do alot of damage though.

I'll do a little more tweaking tomorrow then I'll share.
Ooh, did you manage to sort it out yet?
I think making him deal a tiny bit of damage every time he's touching Lara would give the player an incentive not to just stand still with the raptor if he gets stuck on her or something.
Adaethus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-14, 12:01   #7770
Raider99

I think I've probably asked this already, but I'm planning on reinstalling windows (Win 7) and wanna try out Windows 8.1 (not 8!) As 8.1 seems like it has older features again, but I wonder if TRLE will work on 64 bit version of it(as I don't want my 4GB to go on waste on 32 -bit? I know some of you use LE on win8, but does it work properly?
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote