Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 27-07-16, 05:36   #3111
XNAaraL

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic86 View Post
Hello, everyone. I need some help doing some mesh modding for GLLara. I added some new hair on a model and I'm having a hard time trying to save it as one full model. Is there any way I can solve this? Again, I am using GLLara (XNALara for Mac) and it can also help me with modding costumes, too.

Welcome to "Tomb Raider Forums in Deutsch (German)" ... Please be precise and informative about your problem

GLLara hat nur eingeschränkte Möglichkeiten, um ein Model zu modifizieren:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Simple modding features:
  • Change all textures. If you edit a texture (e.g. in Photoshop), GLLara will load the newest version every time you save.
  • Shaders (known as Render Groups in XNALara) can be changed.
  • Edited objects can be saved. They are fully compatible with XNALara and XPS.
  • Texture packs and outfit features from the newest versions of XPS are supported.
Es ist also nur möglich ... die Texturen zu verändern ... und es kann geändert werden, der Verwendungszweck, der Texturen.
Mesh-Mods sind (nach meinem Kenntnisstand) nicht möglich mit GLLara !

Ich frage mich ... WIE hast du hinzugefügt neue Haare? Mit Blender ?

Save us time, by showing us ... step by step ... what you have done.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 27-07-16 at 06:24.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 17:53   #3112
girlyB

??

Last edited by girlyB; 27-03-17 at 18:14. Reason: ????
girlyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 12:30   #3113
XNAaraL

Lightbulb How to combine models using XPS ... loadable in Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyB
Can anyone tell me, why dont my models load into Blender?

Kann mir jemand sagen, warum ich meine Modele nicht in Blender laden kann?
Please be precise and informative about your problem

At first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Steven Raymond
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Stupid: I'm having problems with my motherboard. Can anybody help?
J. Random Hacker's response to this is likely to be “Right. Do you need burping and diapering, too?” followed by a punch of the delete key.
Smart: I tried X, Y, and Z on the S2464 motherboard. When that didn't work, I tried A, B, and C. Note the curious symptom when I tried C. Obviously the florbish is grommicking, but the results aren't what one might expect. What are the usual causes of grommicking on Athlon MP motherboards? Anybody got ideas for more tests I can run to pin down the problem?
This person, on the other hand, seems worthy of an answer. He/she has exhibited problem-solving intelligence rather than passively waiting for an answer to drop from on high.
BTW: I can load your model in Blender 2.49 ... but, it took several hours to do it.

I can tell you why, but the answer about the real reason would be very technical.

The short reason is: Your model have 112914 bones , with not allowed names ... many of them even with duplicate names.

Your model have so many bones because you have many times used "Options-->Add to ..."
This command makes, what the name of this command describe: It adds everything from the first model to the next model.
If your both models have 150 bones, then the result model have 300 bones.

Better than "Add item to item" is "Merge all visible models" ("Modify-->Save scene as mesh") ... if you want to combine models.
"Merge" is like Union in in the "Set theory, a branch of mathematical.
Union of the sets A and B, denoted A ∪ B, is the set of all objects that are a member of A, or B, or both. The union of {1, 2, 3} and {2, 3, 4} is the set {1, 2, 3, 4}

--> A nice guide is: Combining two models with XPS <--
I strongly recommend that you read and try it.

Perhaps, your real question is "How to fix the model, to make it possible to load it into Blender 2.49b:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Example
I have try to import this model [LINK] into Blender version [VersionNumber], using this import script [LINK] but I receive this error message [IMAGE].
I've read the Blender FAQ, but it doesn't have anything in it about UnicodeDecodeError-related problems.
Is it something I did wrong? Is the model corrupt? Is it a importer issue? Anybody got ideas?
Solution
Quote:
It is a model issue ... related using XPS-->"Options-->Add (item) to".
XPS, since version 11.5 have a feature to fix it.
You can fix the model using XPS->Modify>Clean Armature
Quote:
New Menu item 'Modify>Clean Armature' deals with errors that can occur when using features like 'Options->Add to ...', 'Modify->Save scene as .mesh (Merge models)' or 'Save Generic_Item->Remove unused bones'. Here is what it does:
- Fix missing or wrong root ground bone
- rename duplicated bone names
- rename 'wrong' bone names like bones ('_' in name or upper case letters)
- remove unused bones
- correct the bone counter
- convert texture images to .png format
Because the model have so many issues (BUGs), this feature takes nearly one hour to fix the model. It looks like XPS wont return, but please be patient.
The result will be:

The fixed model will be saved and can be loaded quickly into Blender 2.49b without any troubles.
The result model will be also loaded faster into XPS and required 150 MB lesser memory (So you can load more items, or you can save larger images).

If you ask ... Why are the bone names related to "UnicodeDecodeError", then take a look to this bone names ... from your model
unused arm right wrist attached_супер класические пистолеты root item_@binoculos
unused root ground item_!! 02 cabeçp item_@binoculos

and google about UNICODE (UTF-16) vs ASCII 7(UTF-7)

Also take a look at the file ... called "log.txt" ("Clean Armature" result) ... to see the 112914 bone BUG's
BTW:
Why have your model ... for example ... the same "hair posing" BUG ... like my TRL models?
Thumbs rule:
(Nearly) Every AOD or TRA models for XPS are based on the rigging and skinning made by AtlantiB.
(Nearly) Every TRL models for XPS are based on the rigging and skinning made by XNAaraL

--------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyB
Can anyone tell me, why dont my models load into Blender?

Kann mir jemand sagen, warum ich meine Modele nicht in Blender laden kann?
Sei genau und informativ über dein Problem!

Vorbemerkung:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Steven Raymond
Wie man Fragen richtig stellt
Dumm:
Ich habe Probleme mit meinem Motherboard. Kann jemand helfen?
J. Random Hackers Antwort darauf kann sein: Sicher. Musst du auch ein Bäuerchen machen oder sollen die Windeln gewechselt werden?, gefolgt von einem beherzten Druck auf die Delete-Taste.
Schlau:
Ich versuchte X, Y und Z auf dem S2464 Motherboard. Als das nichts fruchtete, habe ich A, B und C probiert. Beachtet das komische Symptom, wenn ich C probiert habe. Natürlich grommickt das Florbish, aber die Ergebnisse sind nicht die, die man erwarten könnte. Was sind die üblichen Ursachen für Grommicks auf einem Athlon Motherboard? Hat jemand eine Idee für weitere Tests, wie ich das Problem eingrenzen könnte?
Diese Person scheint dagegen einer Antwort wert zu sein. Sie zeigte Intelligenz zur Problemlösung, anstatt passiv auf Hilfe von oben zu warten
PS: Ich kann dein Model in Blender 2.49 laden ... allerdings dauert dieses mehrere Stunden.

Ich könnte versuchen zu erklären, warum es so lange dauert ... aber die Antwort über den eigentlichen Grund wäre sehr technisch.
Der wichtigste Grund ist, daß dein Model 112914 Knochen hat! Mit nicht erlaubten Namen ... einige sogar mit den gleichen Namen.

Das Model hat soviele Knochen, weil Du mehrfach benutzt hast "Options-->Add to ..."
Dieses Kommando macht genau das was der Name vermuten lässt: Es addiert alle Daten beider Modelle.
Wenn jedes der beiden Modelle 150 Knochen hat, dann hat das resultierende Model 300 Knochen.

Zum Kombinieren von 2 oder mehr Modellen ist "Modify-->Save scene as mesh (merge all visible models)" besser geeignet als "Add to".
"Merge" entspricht der "Vereinigungsmenge" aus der Mengenlehre. Die Vereinigungsmenge einer Menge von Mengen ist die Menge der Objekte, die in mindestens einem Element enthalten sind.
Wenn ein Model zum Beispiel die Knochen { A, B und C } hat, und das andere Model die Knochen { B, C und D }, dann hatt das resultierende Model die Knochen { A, B, C, D }.
Bei "Add to" hätte das resultierende Model die Knochen {A, B, B2, C, C2, D }

--> Ein gutes Tutorial ist: Combining two models with XPS ... sehr empfehlenswert !!! <--

Vielleicht ist die wirkliche Frage aber nicht "Warum?" ... sondern "Was tun?":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluge Frage
Ich habe versucht dieses Model [LINK] in Blender Version [VersionNumber] zu laden, mit der Hilfe von diesem Importer-Skript [LINK] aber ich erhalte diese Fehlermeldung [IMAGE].
Ich habe nach dem Fehler gegoogelt, aber nichts über die Fehlermeldung UnicodeDecodeError gefunden.
Was habe ich falsch gemacht? Ist das Model fehlerhaft? Liegt es am verwendeten Importer?
Hat jemand eine Idee?
Lösung
Quote:
Das Problem ist das fehlerhafte Modell ... entstanden durch das mehrfache verwenden von XPS-->"Options-->Add (item) to" beim Kombinieren von Teilen verschiedener Modelle.
XPS, hat seit Version 11.5 eine Funktion um das Modell zu verbessern.
Du kannst die Fehler beheben durch das Verwenden von: XPS->Modify>Clean Armature
Quote:
New Menu item 'Modify>Clean Armature' deals with errors that can occur when using features like 'Options->Add to ...', 'Modify->Save scene as .mesh (Merge models)' or 'Save Generic_Item->Remove unused bones'. Here is what it does:
- Fix missing or wrong root ground bone
- rename duplicated bone names
- rename 'wrong' bone names like bones ('_' in name or upper case letters)
- remove unused bones
- correct the bone counter
- convert texture images to .png format
Weil dieses Modell SO VIELE Fehler (BUGs) hat, benötigt das "Clean Armature" Kommando eine ganze Stunde um (fast) alle zu verbessern. Es sieht zwar so aus.. als ob XPS eingefroren wäre, aber seit einfach geduldig. XPS schafft das!
Das (Erfolgs-)Ergebnis wir sein:

Das berrichtigte Modell lässt sich schnell und fehlerlos in Blender 2.49b laden.
Auch XPS wird es nun schneller laden können und es wird 150 MB weniger an Speicher benötigen. Speicher welchen ihr gut zum speichern größerer Bilder gebrauchen könnt ... oder zum Laden von mehr Modellen.

Falls ihr euch fragt ... was das Ganze mit der Fehlermeldung "UnicodeDecodeError" zu tun hat, dann werft einen Blick auf die Namen der Knochen des Modells:
unused arm right wrist attached_супер класические пистолеты root item_@binoculos
unused root ground item_!! 02 cabeçp item_@binoculos

und informiert euch über den Unterschied zwischen UNICODE (UTF-16) und ASCII 7(UTF-7) ... oder folgt dem 1. Link in diesem Satz
Oder: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Blender+UnicodeDecodeError

Um bei euren nächsten Modellen diese Fehler zu vermeiden ... schaut euch das Ergebins von "Clean Armature" an. Es ist die Datei mit dem Namen "log.txt" innerhalb des Original MOD Ordner. Es enthält alle 112914 Knochen mit ungültigen Namen (kein Tipp Fehler und kein Schertz ... mehr als 100 Tausend Fehler ... deshalb hat es eine ganze Stunde gedauert alle zu beheben).
PS:
Wieso hat Dein Modell die gleichen BUGs (zum Beispiel beim Posen der Haare) wie meine TRL Modelle?
Daumenregel:
(Fast) alle AOD oder TRA Modelle für XPS wurden von AtlantiB beweglich gemacht.
(Fast) alle TRL Modelle für XPS wurden von XNAaraL beweglich gemacht.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 30-03-17 at 12:39. Reason: format style ... some new links ... corrected some typos
Old 30-03-17, 22:00   #3114
Ramoram

Default 3DX Ripper Help

Hello everyone,

I know this is a non-English thread. But I have directed here by a great mentor and I was hoping if someone can guide me.

I downloaded a script from Dusan (POST)in which it will help to adjust the scale of the map when I rip them using 3D Ripper. I am currently extracting scenes from Tomb Raider Anniversay. Problem is that Dusan posted in 2009 and it works on old Blender 2.49. Can one give me a detail explanation on how excatly I can use this script in Blender 2.49?

The current method I am using is to open the OBJ format there is the scale mentioned there in X Y and Z and using those values I adjust the models in 3D Max 2015 (POST)

Should I stick with my method or to follow the Dusan method?

Thank you
Ramoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-17, 16:50   #3115
girlyB

@Ramoran

I also didnt understand why I went to a "Deutsch" forum to talk about XNA Mesh ..That's why I deleted my post ^^

Old 02-04-17, 01:04   #3116
Ramoram

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyB View Post
@Ramoran

I also didnt understand why I went to a "Deutsch" forum to talk about XNA Mesh ..That's why I deleted my post ^^

Hmmm.... I felt I have been ignored in different thread in this forum. I guess this is my last post now. I am leaving this forum because of less activity and other complicated stuff that normal person consider it as silly.
Old 02-04-17, 01:14   #3117
girlyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoram View Post
Hmmm.... I felt I have been ignored in different thread in this forum. I guess this is my last post now. I am leaving this forum because of less activity and other complicated stuff that normal person consider it as silly.
Sorry, if I knew how to help her, I it would help with greater pleasure.
I dont use any 3d program to help you. All my meshmod questions that I posted here on the forum also do not get answers ^^

I only have small help by people who model in deviantart. I find it annoying ask for help through private messages, but ...

If you want I can indicate the people who mess with Meshmod...I dont know if they will solve your problem. If you want, write me

Last edited by girlyB; 02-04-17 at 01:23.
Old 03-04-17, 07:12   #3118
XNAaraL

Angry Correct3DRipper.py -- Entzerren von ripped Modellen mit Blender

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I know this is a non-English thread. But I have directed here by a great mentor and I was hoping if someone can guide me.

I downloaded a script from Dusan (POST)in which it will help to adjust the scale of the map when I rip them using 3D Ripper. I am currently extracting scenes from Tomb Raider Anniversay. Problem is that Dusan posted in 2009 and it works on old Blender 2.49. Can one give me a detail explanation on how excatly I can use this script in Blender 2.49?

The current method I am using is to open the OBJ format there is the scale mentioned there in X Y and Z and using those values I adjust the models in 3D Max 2015 (POST)

Should I stick with my method or to follow the Dusan method?

Thank you
My opinion:
If your workflow (method) works for you ... then stick with your method.

I cannot made a detail explanation on how excatly you can use this script made by Dusan ... because it do not works for me ... and I have not any "3d ripper dx" output file.

Basicly, to running python script in Blender:
  • Open a Text Editor view in Blender.
  • Press Alt + O, or go to Text>Open Text Block and open the .py file
  • Then simply press Run script
Monkey 13 has written a explanation on how to use this script ...
Part 1
Part 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Hallo zusammen,

ich weiß, dies ist der Deutsche Thread. Aber mein Mentor hat mich hierher gelenkt, und ich hoffe jemand hier kann mich anleiten.

Ich habe ein Skript von Dusan heruntergeladen (Link) welches ermöglichen soll die Kamera-Verzerrungen der Scenen rückgängig zu machen, welche bei dem Verwenden von "3D Ripper" entstehen.
I versuche zur Zeit "Umgebungen" (Scenen) von Tomb Raider Anniversay zu extrahieren. Das Problem ist dass Dusan das Skript bereits 2009 veröffentlicht hat und es für eine alte Blender Version 2.48 entwickelt wurde.

Kann mir jemand eine detaillierte Anleitung geben ... wie ich das Skript mit Blender 2.49 benutzen kann?

Meine derzeitige Methode (Workflow) ist die .OBJ Datei mit einem Texteditor zu lesen. Im Kopf der Datei ist die X Y und Z Skalierung als Kommentar enthalten. Mit diesen Werten entzerre ich die Modelle dann in "3D Max 2015" mit "Affect Object Mode Only" in "Hierarchy" (Link)

Soll ich meine Arbeitsweise beibehalten, oder ist es besser Dusan's Methode zu verwenden?

Danke im Voraus

Meine (persönliche) Meinung):
Wenn deine Vorgehensweise für dich funktioniert ... dann bleibe dabei.

Leider kann ich keine detaillierte Anleitung darüber schreiben WIE das Skript von Dusan zu benutzen ist ... weil es bei mir nicht funktioniert ... und ich keine "3d ripper dx" Dateien habe.

Genauer gesagt ... ich WILL keine Anleitung veröffentlichen ... von der ich genau weiß, DASS sie nicht funktioniert. Das wäre "Schummeln" (Cheating).
Es gibt leider im XNALara Teil bereits zu viele solcher "Mogeleien":Das ist "Cheaten" ... und sollte verboten werden! ICH werde so etwas nicht machen!

Vom Grunde her wird ein Python Script in Blender ausgeführt durch:
  • Öffnen einer "Text Editor" Ansicht in Blender.
  • Dann den Menüpunkt "Text>Open" (Alt+O) und Auswählen der .py Datei
  • Danach "Text->Run Python Script" (Alt+P)
Monkey 13 hat eine kurze Anleitung darüber erstellt, wie das "Correct3DRipper.py" Skript von Dusan zu benutzen ist:
Teil 1
Teil 2

Last edited by XNAaraL; 05-04-17 at 09:47. Reason: Übersetzung ins Deutsche
Old 27-04-17, 14:38   #3119
Ramoram

Dear XNAaraL,

Thank you for the encouragement and I am progressing good. The script and Blender that was required to run on was 2.49 which is very old and I never worked on it before. I shifted all my work to 3D Maya and I am enjoying it.

This is actual result when ripped using 3DX Ripper.
https://i.imgbox.com/C6O6Q5aC.jpg
As you can see there is a deformation and sloping at one side.

After fixing the deforamtion the quality improved greatly.
https://i.imgbox.com/g612Z90h.jpg

Quote:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Last edited by Ramoram; 27-04-17 at 18:29.
Old 17-12-18, 18:40   #3120
ggctuk

@XNAaraL - I can't directly reply to your PM, so I'll reply here so as not to clutter the request thread further.

Sorry for not being clear. I tested a few of the other models and aside from the really badly corrupted rigging they export to mesh.ascii fine. It's the Miho models that appear to not even appear at all. Some of the models are garbled so it's not a good model rip.

I think the best thing for me would be to convert the models to OBJ and do new rigs before bringing them into XPS.

Last edited by ggctuk; 17-12-18 at 18:41.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote