Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 15-03-16, 17:06   #11
sandrine

I liked the sky when Lara crawls out of the collapsed den more than the sky in the final version , more haunting and atmospheric . I also liked the pre-alpha model more , taller and more defined , and even closer to the Rise model instead of a 16-year old girl that was the final TR2013 model
sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 19:26   #12
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrine View Post
I liked the sky when Lara crawls out of the collapsed den more than the sky in the final version , more haunting and atmospheric . I also liked the pre-alpha model more , taller and more defined , and even closer to the Rise model instead of a 16-year old girl that was the final TR2013 model
yes her body is much better. the main problem for me was Lara's body in this game. it was totally off.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 19:54   #13
Heidi_w_

I love the narration even though it isn't Camilla's voice -- guess this was before she got hired

Love it as it underlines that Reboot!Lara is very much her own person, a fresh take on her previous incarnations *hugs new!Lara*
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 21:22   #14
Peterstar101

This is absolutely awesome! I love seeing the early stages of games and this was a real treat to see! These clips remind me of that cut current section we saw in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
It's cool to see how much they polished the graphics (and made the hair look worse by gluing it together for some reason). What's with the narration though? All the screams and growls appear to be Camilla's, so why did someone else voice the trailer?
This seems to be a trailer for use internally. They typically use whatever they have on hand to make something presentable.

Last edited by Peterstar101; 15-03-16 at 21:26.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 21:28   #15
FearEffect

I just compared both versions and I really think their old model was more realistic, younger and more human. She looks a lot like Odette Annable in the old version (It explains why they used her face in the artworks), and closer to CGI Lara, I really like that model.

The hair too as well I just don't understand why the hell they changed it by that weird thing from the final version.

I feel like they should've kept a lot of things from the alpha version. Lara looked so much more bad ass !
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 22:10   #16
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
[IM]http://45.media.tumblr.com/cc07268ef0b42440e09b0675896f5cac/tumblr_o43nbgECeb1t5bjs2o1_500.gif[/IMG]

I just compared both versions and I really think their old model was more realistic, younger and more human. She looks a lot like Odette Annable in the old version (It explains why they used her face in the artworks), and closer to CGI Lara, I really like that model.

The hair too as well I just don't understand why the hell they changed it by that weird thing from the final version.

I feel like they should've kept a lot of things from the alpha version. Lara looked so much more bad ass !
totally agree. final model looks nothing like Lara. but Alpha model is just flawless and her hair is much better and longer and hair animation looks more realistic and beautiful. she is not unrecognizable there. its easy to know who is she. final model looks totally off. thanks god they changed it for Rise - but question : after this years its impossible to keep one face for this poor girl?

Last edited by Admles; 27-03-16 at 10:45.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 22:26   #17
VictorXD

Better voice, better face, better enemies, better encounter with the big Oni, better hair, nice finisher with the axe... WTF Crystal, I though alpha was supposed to be inferior to the finished game.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 22:32   #18
laracroft1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Better voice, better face, better enemies, better encounter with the big Oni, better hair, nice finisher with the axe... WTF Crystal, I though alpha was supposed to be inferior to the finished game.
ikr
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 22:37   #19
VictorXD

OMG I just saw that Oni grapping Lara! DAMN YOU CD, STOP REMOVING COOL THINGS FROM YOUR GAME WHEN THEY LOOK PERFECT!
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-16, 23:59   #20
Dream

Wow that looked better than the game I played. VA was better too, She actually sounded english. The model was much closer to a younger LAU lara, Wish we got her.

Still that whole narration just proves CD's intent with lara these days..."Hey remember classic lara, Well bye"
Man...
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote