www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 06-01-18, 20:39   #1
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

Default Characters that influence you and ones you look up to.

Taking an idea from the recently created thread of if Lara has influenced you as a person, I got this idea out of inspiration and appreciation for fictional characters I like. There's so many out there that I haven't been around, such as game characters or film characters, and others that could disagree with my view on such, but I'm curious. I would type up an essay about such characters so I'll list them, from games, literature and film:

-Master Chief, aka John- 117 or Spartan- 117. My favorite character in gaming. One of the greatest hero's journey I've experienced. Could outdo a different one eventually....which is mentioned in a few lines.
-Kelly -078 and Linda- 058 - part of Blue Team in which Chief is in command.
-Ellie and Joel - she's one of the best written characters in a game I've played, along with Joel. He's is gritty, tough and practical, but shares vulnerability with Ellie.
-Aloy - her journey, and the story of Horizon Zero Dawn, is one of the greatest experiences of my gaming "career". I want more in a sequel.
-Aragorn - my favorite male character in literature and film. The greatest hero's journey I've watched yet (reading the books still).
-Hermione Jean Granger - my favorite female character in literature and film. I love her so much.
-Katniss Everdeen - one of my favorite characters in literature and film
-Luke Skywalker - has one of the greatest heroes journeys ever told.
-Darth Vader - one of the greatest rise, fall and redemption stories ever told, if not the greatest I've experienced.
-Rey. We're in the middle chapter of her story, so more is yet to be understood and seen.

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 13-01-18 at 22:20.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 22:04   #2
lance6439
Legend

Barbie. From every universe.

Old 06-01-18, 22:18   #3
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Great idea for a thread.

Here are mine:

- Guybrush Threepwood, from the Monkey Island series. I admire him greatly. He's a character with a journey, of both I love so much. I wish I could be him sometimes. I also want to learn swordplay/fencing because of him. He's had a BIG influence on me.

- Miles "Tails" Prower. He's influenced me for years and still does today. I feel like I share many similarities with him. I look up to him too, and at times wish I was as smart as he was. He's my favorite character in gaming, and possibly just my favorite fictional character period.

- Sonic The Hedgehog. I admire his attitude, heart of gold, and carefree nature. Not much else to say.

-Luigi. Another character I think I share a few similarities with, and look up to some.

-Indiana Jones. I look up to him a good deal, partly because of Lara somehow, but also just because he's really cool and adventurous.

-Nathan Drake. Cool guy I guess.
Old 07-01-18, 11:19   #4
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Darth Vader had an influence on me. To know you could fall so far and still find redemption.

Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was my favorite. So myself in him from the 1987 cartoon and first movie.

Not sure about any other individual characters at this time.
Old 09-01-18, 15:33   #5
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Scarlett O'Hara. Her "I'll think about it tomorrow" helped me a lot in difficult situations. Otherwise I'd probably end up sitting in a corner thinking way too much about things that scare/stress me.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 17:13   #6
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Commander Shepard. I can't think of a more heroic awe inspiring figure than him.

Lara Croft
Indiana Jones
TinTin
Corto Maltese
<-------
All for the same reason, they're world traveling adventurers.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 18:03   #7
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Great idea for a thread.

Here are mine:

- Guybrush Threepwood, from the Monkey Island series. I admire him greatly. He's a character with a journey, of both I love so much. I wish I could be him sometimes. I also want to learn swordplay/fencing because of him. He's had a BIG influence on me.

- Miles "Tails" Prower. He's influenced me for years and still does today. I feel like I share many similarities with him. I look up to him too, and at times wish I was as smart as he was. He's my favorite character in gaming, and possibly just my favorite fictional character period.

- Sonic The Hedgehog. I admire his attitude, heart of gold, and carefree nature. Not much else to say.

-Luigi. Another character I think I share a few similarities with, and look up to some.

-Indiana Jones. I look up to him a good deal, partly because of Lara somehow, but also just because he's really cool and adventurous.

-Nathan Drake. Cool guy I guess.

-Luke Skywalker. I've always looked up to him a little all along I guess, but after seeing The Last Jedi, I realized just how much of an awesome character he is and how much I love and admire him.

-Rey. Also after seeing The Last Jedi, I grew to love and admire Rey much, much more too. She's got spunk, an adventurous attitude to a degree, and I just absolutely love her character. I can't wait to see more of her in Episode IX.
After seeing The Last Jedi, I had to add these two.
Old 09-01-18, 18:17   #8
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Of course Classic Lara for her strong will, determination, and ability to take life on solo. Iím an independent person and a lot of times I think I need someone when I really donít. It reassures me that even if Iím alone, thatís OK.

Rafe Adler is a guy I would get along with until he goes crazy. I know what itís likes to be viewed as ďjust XĒ and you want desperately to be viewed as much more, as an actual person and not just in the shadow of someone else. Itís rough and discouraging. Heís shown me to not give up and most importantly donít let it drive you crazy bc bad things happen to you when you let something cloud your vision, especially of yourself.
Old 10-01-18, 16:04   #9
HarleyCroft
Explorer

I've been thinking it over and classic/AoD/even LAU Lara has really been the only influential character in my life!
Sure I like other people fictional and non-fictional, but she's is the only one I've tried to emulate in both style and character. She's the only character that I believe has changed me on a deep level.

(As opposed to what my username implies I try my hardest NOT to be Harley Quinn. She's fun and I love her tons but she's also pretty tragic. It's a little sad how after Suicide Squad came out girls started to look up to such a broken person )
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-18, 22:17   #10
sierra xb
Relic Hunter

These are just the fictional characters I could think of on short notice...

Max Caulfield ~ (Life is Strange) Max reminds me a lot of when I was in high school...shy and reserved, but loyal to her friends. I really like how she has an eye for beauty in odd places and her desire to help others, even if it hurts her.

Faye Chamberlain ~ (The Secret Circle) Faye represents my darker side (yes, i have one of those). She is sarcastic and very straightforward, but I really like her ability to just say it how it is. Sugar-coating things is not in her vocabulary.

Rikki Chadwick ~ (H2O) Rikki is a milder version of Faye, but I still look up to her because she is who she is and doesn't apologize for it. She speaks her mind, says what she feels (most days anyway), and doesn't really worry about what other people think about it. To me, she is, in every way, the ideal non-conformist.

Myka Bering ~ (Warehouse 13) Myka inspires me because of her attention to detail and the ability to solve any mystery and confront any danger head on. She is also very much like me in the way that she has a small circle of friends, but she is very loyal to them and would do anything for them.

Colonel Jack O'Neill ~ (Stargate SG1) I like Jack's sense of humor. It is subtle in a way, but he can somehow see the funny in every situation.

Captain Edward Kenway ~ (AC4) Kenway inspires me less for his individual actions, but rather for the overall journey that he takes...from selfish motives to a noble cause. It takes years, but he finally gets there.

Sherlock Holmes ~ if you ignore the various little personality disorders and the differing versions (movies, books, tv), Sherlock Holmes is the ultimate problem solver. I look up to and respect his character, because his mind works in a way very similar to mine. I could only hope to have 1/10th of his deductive abilities, but he was one of the people that inspired me to pursue a science education.