Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-06-18, 07:58   #241
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I’m waiting for the backlash of “ITS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT ROSEANNE”
Of course that will happen...and that will be the least of the reason.
Cant wait for the idiots who scream "SJW destoryed Roseanne buhu" and the other nonsense.

But anyway, i dont think this whole thing will work for longer than 1 season.
Never really bothered too much with the Roseanne show but wasnt it 90% focused around Roseanne? So im not sure if the characters have enough beef to work without her.
From a writers perspective the idea is interesting, because it gives a whole new perspective when you have the characters now be "on their own".
So im a bit interested in this.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 13:52   #242
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Of course that will happen...and that will be the least of the reason.
Cant wait for the idiots who scream "SJW destoryed Roseanne buhu" and the other nonsense.

But anyway, i dont think this whole thing will work for longer than 1 season.
Never really bothered too much with the Roseanne show but wasnt it 90% focused around Roseanne? So im not sure if the characters have enough beef to work without her.
From a writers perspective the idea is interesting, because it gives a whole new perspective when you have the characters now be "on their own".
So im a bit interested in this.
Despite the show being called Roseanne it wasn’t all about her. She was in it a lot and she was the one who wore the pants in the family but it wasn’t about her. There was a lot of Dan, her husband, and the kids, her sister, sometimes her friends. She was a focal point but it wasn’t just Roseanne being Roseanne. I can see how you would think that.

I think it was called Roseanne as she was a very assertive, no nonsense, I’m a woman hear me roar, kinda lady back in the 80’s and 90’s. She was a huge leader of the family, outspoken, and probably fought to have it called Roseanne. That’s the first sitcom to actually be named after the leading lady I think. I could be wrong about that.

Roseanne the show was a lot of Roseanne’s doing, behind the scenes and on TV. I seriously think there’s something wrong with her brain that has made her go off the deep end and become this crazy old white lady. If you watch the old show you’d realize that there’s no way she’d ever be a Republican, at least how we see them now. Roseanne Connor was a very progressive, liberal, strong female of the 90’s. It shocks me still to see how she’s changed into a Republican.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 20:13   #243
robm_2007

^ Mary Tyler Moore, Carol Burnett, I Love Lucy off the top of my head.

It was originally called Life and Stuff (also the name of the pilot), which Roseanne hated - I do too!
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-18, 21:43   #244
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
^ Mary Tyler Moore, Carol Burnett, I Love Lucy off the top of my head.

It was originally called Life and Stuff (also the name of the pilot), which Roseanne hated - I do too!
You’re totally right. I wrote that post last night while going to bed so clearly I wasn’t thinking straight hahaha
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 20:47   #245
lance6439

Well. Lauren Southern is banned from the UK & now apparently Australia lol. I like her content even though I disagree with things she says.

Steven Mygnx or whatever his name is as well as Richard Spencer are vile & should be banned from this planet
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 23:06   #246
redfox45

I think Lauren Southern being banned from the UK and now Australia is an absolute disgrace.

But i'll take digs where they are due. Going around Luton of all places with a sign that says 'Allah is a gay god' is just being inflammatory for the sake of it, you aren't demonstrating or making a point about anything we don't already know.

-Lots of Muslims live in Luton
-They are probably going to get grumpy if you tell them their god is gay

Whether outage regarding this is okay or not you're just behaving no better than an internet troll and achieving nothing other than creating more animosity than there already is.
That being said, this doesn't make her a risk to national security, it just makes her a bit of a d*** which last time I checked wasn't illegal and certainly wasn't grounds for being banned from the country.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 22:34   #247
mepsipax

Of course Roseanne should have been cancelled. What she said was racist, and it's nowhere near the first time she's said something terrible. Her comments about my country a while ago as well were garbage.

But besides anything else, if I had an employee working for me, representing my company and my values and they said something racist, they'd be out the door so quick their head would spin. And vice versa, if I'm representing my employers and I said something racist as sin, I'd expect to be sacked.

Garbage people get what they deserve.
mepsipax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 04:53   #248
Lara's home

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Well. Lauren Southern is banned from the UK & now apparently Australia lol. I like her content even though I disagree with things she says.

Steven Mygnx or whatever his name is as well as Richard Spencer are vile & should be banned from this planet
Why does not Lauren fall into this category? She intercepted ships trying to save immigrants crossing , and all of her videos are about how evil brown people are, how women should please men and her sources are dog****. She literally uses blogs as sources.

https://youtu.be/uAV0eI6MnrA
https://youtu.be/VUbxVfSqtt8
https://youtu.be/v78x0X4O7sM

Last edited by Lara's home; 12-07-18 at 04:54.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 02:52   #249
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara's home View Post
Why does not Lauren fall into this category? She intercepted ships trying to save immigrants crossing , and all of her videos are about how evil brown people are, how women should please men and her sources are dog****. She literally uses blogs as sources.

https://youtu.be/uAV0eI6MnrA
https://youtu.be/VUbxVfSqtt8
https://youtu.be/v78x0X4O7sM
I'm going to have to look more into this. I don't think she's racist or anything (she's had black box friend's) her views on illegal immigration is just really strict. But I'll watch these videos & see what's up
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 22:26   #250
redfox45

This is a pretty horrible story and i'm not even remotely surprised. Nobody deserves to have to live like this for 2 months solid. Absolutely awful.

redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote