Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 24-04-16, 23:18   #541
Shark_Blade

A side scroller TR game? You mean like TRU on Nintendo DS?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-16, 23:24   #542
larafan25

A side scroller TR game? You mean like not a Tomb Raider game at all?

In all honesty, if we're going to entertain the possibility of a small Tomb Raider video game product, why not just a small Tomb Raider game?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-16, 23:30   #543
Shark_Blade

Like Lara Croft Go?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-16, 23:37   #544
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Like Lara Croft Go?
well...

that's not quite what i meant.

I mean like.

Okay.

How do I begin to explain this.

Basically. Imagine an actual Tomb Raider game, like the classics.

But then, think of how they released a DLC for Tomb Raider Underworld. Or how they released a DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider. This DLC is the same game, just a smaller portion of that game.

Why not make a small Tomb Raider game.

Considering this discussion has arisen as a plea for something more Tomb Raider, why not actually have Tomb Raider? Just small one.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-16, 23:49   #545
charmedangelin

I don't like the reboots at all because I have yet to see anything that looks or honors classic Lara. It feels like they are trying to turn Lara Croft into Katniss Everdean from the hunger games. I don't like it, the games themeselfs are fun to play, but they are not fun to play as a Tomb Raider game. My top list of Tomb Raider games

1. TR3

2. TR2

3. TR1/Anniversary

4. TR6

5. TR4

6. TR5

7. TR Legend

8. TR Underworld

9. TR 2013

10. Rise of TR

I have yet to play Rise, but since I know Lara won't have her twin pistols and it's a continuation of TR 2013 I most likely won't enjoy it as a Tomb Raider game, but might enjoy it as a regular game.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16, 00:04   #546
Heidi_w_

^Double post.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16, 00:15   #547
charmedangelin

Yeah sorry I realized that and can't find a way to delete the second.
Old 25-04-16, 00:18   #548
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Yeah sorry I realized that and can't find a way to delete the second.
I've done it for you this time. If you accidentally dp again (it happens some times), please PM a mod and it can be deleted.

Last edited by Rai; 25-04-16 at 00:21.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16, 02:05   #549
charmedangelin

Ok thank you :-)
Old 29-04-16, 18:43   #550
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I don't like the reboots at all because I have yet to see anything that looks or honors classic Lara. It feels like they are trying to turn Lara Croft into Katniss Everdean from the hunger games. I don't like it, the games themeselfs are fun to play, but they are not fun to play as a Tomb Raider game.

I have yet to play Rise, but since I know Lara won't have her twin pistols and it's a continuation of TR 2013 I most likely won't enjoy it as a Tomb Raider game, but might enjoy it as a regular game.
I can definitely see where you're coming from, and as a huge fan of the Classics I understand your frustration, but I have to slightly disagree on the fact that they're trying to turn her into a Hunger Games character clone. I'm undoubtedly one of those who thought that the past game (the 2013 reboot) was one of the biggest disgraces that could've happened to the franchise and after quite some disappointments from Crystal, I thought it may have been the moment to take some time away from Lara and her adventures. But I decided to stay, and thankfully I did right. Rise is by no means the best Tomb Raider game (and as an individual opinion, I'll easily find people who'd think it's not such a game at all, which is perfectly fine and reasonable), but I seriously encourage you to play it whenever the chance arrives to you.

The game may seem like a mere expansion of the reboot (fair perspective, to be honest), but in my opinion it introduced some core aspects that every Tomb Raider game should have. Maybe not for everybody, but the fun factor was definitely there many times, which was enhanced by the artefact-oriented story and the locations, that were more in the vein of typical locations you'd find in a game of this genre (forests, temples, catacombs, valleys, lost cities...). I finally found some light after years of darkness, and hopefully they'll improve all the ongoing flaws that are still present since Legend days!
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote